Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    This is Kamil. I run the official AmandaTapping.Com for Amanda and finally have shown up here as well.

I have this idea for the site and was wondering if some of you would like to participate... - this time I think it would work lovely as a Christmas gift for Amanda - is a collaborative story, a fanfiction Sam Carter story, that would be written for Amanda and presented to her shortly before Christmas.
    How to go about this? Well, here's how:

In early November, I introduced a script to AmandaTapping.Com called Story Stream. It acts independently of the main system, so in order to use it you would need to register with it separately - or simply send your part to me and I will post it on your behalf.

The story I would like us to work with is called "Death Throes" and the first part was written by Julia, one of the Gabit's lovely G4. From there the story would go on and I would ask volunteers to add their "forks" of the story, as many as possible, until December 22. So let's drag it out as long as possible until we reach December 20/21 and then I would write the final part ("fork") of the story.

I thought this idea would be different - and don't worry, we'll also do our traditional Christmas greetings for Amanda - but this would be a nice extension to it, I think.

Now, just a couple of guidelines and rules for all of us participating in it:

1. One part/fork cannot exceed 1000 words.
    2. No foul language, of course, and no nc17 stuff.
    3. The story *has to* revolve around Samantha Carter from its beginning to the end.
    4. Have fun.

You can reach the Story Stram pages at this address:
    http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/StoryStream/

I'll be doing the traditional Christmas greetings messages, too - there'll be announcement coming round Dec 10.

On another note, is there anything you guys would like to see on the site that's not there yet? I mean, an additional section that would be helpful to you or something of the sort. I'm working now on introducing information on Amanda movies in upcoming weeks so visitors know when to look out for stuff, hopefully I can do it so users are actually reminded of those coming up to their email or at least when they log into the site, but if you have something else in mind, please let me know.

Kamil
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      Wow.

Post Number Five Thousand. Can you believe it? I can hear many of you now: "You're a yammermouth, of COURSE I believe it!"

Fair enough.

It's only appropriate then that on this momentous occasion I yammer away and spam our beloved Samanda with a bunch of mushy sentiments about what makes this thread so special to me.

First of all, it goes without saying, that without Amanda Tapping, there'd be no Samanda. There'd be no common ground for us all to congregate in this manner. Carter is an amazing character...and I believe due in no small part to the amazing woman who's breathed life into her for the past decade.

But beneath the object our our appreciation lie the appreciators themselves. The people of Samanda. People that it is my honor and privilege to call friends.

People like Skydiver and Spazzy, SG1Poz and Myrth, ForeverSG1 and scarimor and tsaxlady and Agent Dark and minigeek and Tracy Jane and MandySG1 and golfbooy and ChopinGal and Strix....Egads! Just so many names! So many more than the short list I just typed off the top of my head just now...from all walks of life representing countries from all over the world.

You make this a great place to be with your creative vision and humor and style. The deep conversations about what Carter should or shouldn't do or as or hasn't done. Always looking beneath the obvious to what lies beneath.

The artwork so many of you come up with...the fan fiction...the videos...just...wow. Such creative energy here.

And our convention goers! Thank you for sharing of yourselves and your stories and pictures. Thank you for involving us and making us a part of these events! I can't express enough my appreciation and gratitude with your willingness to share in your experiences.

And long after SG-1 has left the screen and Amanda has moved on to bigger and better things, I will still call so many of you friends as we follow her career wherever it takes her.

To the stars and beyond.

Long live Samanda.
      Wow Über, congrats on 5000 post, and its a lovely post too, I think you should print it and send it to Amanda herself, she'd love to read it, and might help her see how she effects people

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
        Hello,
        This is Kamil. I run the official AmandaTapping.Com for Amanda and finally have shown up here as well.

I have this idea for the site and was wondering if some of you would like to participate... - this time I think it would work lovely as a Christmas gift for Amanda - is a collaborative story, a fanfiction Sam Carter story, that would be written for Amanda and presented to her shortly before Christmas.
        How to go about this? Well, here's how:

In early November, I introduced a script to AmandaTapping.Com called Story Stream. It acts independently of the main system, so in order to use it you would need to register with it separately - or simply send your part to me and I will post it on your behalf.

The story I would like us to work with is called "Death Throes" and the first part was written by Julia, one of the Gabit's lovely G4. From there the story would go on and I would ask volunteers to add their "forks" of the story, as many as possible, until December 22. So let's drag it out as long as possible until we reach December 20/21 and then I would write the final part ("fork") of the story.

I thought this idea would be different - and don't worry, we'll also do our traditional Christmas greetings for Amanda - but this would be a nice extension to it, I think.

Now, just a couple of guidelines and rules for all of us participating in it:

1. One part/fork cannot exceed 1000 words.
        2. No foul language, of course, and no nc17 stuff.
        3. The story *has to* revolve around Samantha Carter from its beginning to the end.
        4. Have fun.

You can reach the Story Stram pages at this address:
        http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/StoryStream/

I'll be doing the traditional Christmas greetings messages, too - there'll be announcement coming round Dec 10.

On another note, is there anything you guys would like to see on the site that's not there yet? I mean, an additional section that would be helpful to you or something of the sort. I'm working now on introducing information on Amanda movies in upcoming weeks so visitors know when to look out for stuff, hopefully I can do it so users are actually reminded of those coming up to their email or at least when they log into the site, but if you have something else in mind, please let me know.

Kamil

Dzien dobry, Kamil! Welcome to Samanda!!

Can't wait to see what you and Julia have got cooking with the Samfic! There are a lot of Samandan scribes who may have a go at it, including yours truly!

Comment

NC

Comment

welcome to samanda kamil

I have some questions about the story stream. I registered but...i really have no idea at all where to go from there. do people jsut write and hope they don't step on top of each other? how is it organized?

i'd love to participate but i am a bit confused how it all works
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              welcome to samanda kamil

I have some questions about the story stream. I registered but...i really have no idea at all where to go from there. do people jsut write and hope they don't step on top of each other? how is it organized?

i'd love to participate but i am a bit confused how it all works
              Okay. The system for the stories is quite large, so even having read FAQ it can overwhelm. So: once you are logged in, go to Creativity Room and once there click "Episode 2 waiting to be written" next to Julia's first part of the story (the link should appear on the right side of your screen). Once it transfers you to the next page, you need to choose "Add Scene". Follow the next couple of steps to add your part. Once you add your scene, let me know and I will instantly create "Episode 3 waiting to be written" fork so that the next scene can be written. That way users will know that the next episode needs to be written, meaning no.3 not 2. Also, once no.2 is filled, I will add "DO NOT ADD TO THIS FORK" in the fork's description.

Hopefully, I didn't confuse matters too badly and it is clearer now. Alternatively, you can always send stuff to myself and I will submit it there myself for you.

Kamil
              sigpic

Comment

for MG and a couple of others, i've finally got Mirror, Mirror done.

it's beinig posted here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3271658/1/ roughly a chapter a day (there are 10 of them) and on the jackfic and samandjack mailing list.

those that want it in one chunk, i'll have it up on my site once i get chapter 10 posted. I used to put them up on my site first, but had a bit of an issue earlier this y ear so i don't do that anymore.

have fun kids
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Woohoooo!!!!!

(( hugs Sky! ))

Off to read!! (er... once it's allup somewhere!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                    {{{Deejay}}} Everyone there stopped a moment when we heard about your latest news. And you continued to be a part of that weekend from then on ...

So many special people who couldn't be there that weekend were actually there in spirit for so many of us ... you and Oobs and Lys and deepspace and my fairy godmother and lots of our friends from this thread. It was magical.

Samanda seems to have taken on a life of its own as Oobs has so nicely written. Sam/Amanda brought us all together and from this thread beautiful and strong friendships have formed. This positive energy continues to generate some pretty great outcomes, like your surprise package in the mail.
                    I know for a fact that Amanda signed many autographs for those who couldn't be at GABIT and I think that says quite a lot about the generous and thoughtful people at this thread.

{{{Group hug!!!}}}
                    I could go for a group hug.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Samanda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

it's beinig posted here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3271658/1/ roughly a chapter a day (there are 10 of them) and on the jackfic and samandjack mailing list.

those that want it in one chunk, i'll have it up on my site once i get chapter 10 posted. I used to put them up on my site first, but had a bit of an issue earlier this y ear so i don't do that anymore.

have fun kids
                    I will wait...as patiently as possible...for it to be up all in one chunk.

My nails might not survive the wait, however!
                    Last edited by Deejay435; 03 December 2006, 11:32 AM. Reason: To avoid double posting

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                      a collaborative story, a fanfiction Sam Carter story, that would be written for Amanda and presented to her shortly before Christmas.
                      What a sweet idea for a gift, Kamil. I imagine she'll love it.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

have fun kids
                        WooHoo!!! I'm working on finishing up "Treading Water" at the moment, so this is coming right on time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                          Happy Birthday myblackrose
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy B-day Myblackrose!!!!!

and I was feeling creative today...looks like I was feeling creative this weekend:

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              Happy B-day Myblackrose!!!!!

and I was feeling creative today...looks like I was feeling creative this weekend:
                              http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1...tamandafl1.jpg
                              Wow, very creative and very nice
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

have fun kids
                                WooHoo! I'll wait for the chunk too You'll let us know when the chunkie is available right? MMmm, now I craving a chunky bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X