No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sam crying guessing game ... maybe someone can extract a teeny bit of info from AT at GABIT ... now that the show has ended, she may be more free to slip a hint here or there about the final eppies.

In meantime, I weigh in with Strix (I think that's who suggested this character) ...
    Spoiler:
    Bra'tac! It would seem that he's mentioned his age and dying so many times through the years that it would finally come about and leave SG1 all mourning his loss

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      The Sam crying guessing game ... maybe someone can extract a teeny bit of info from AT at GABIT ... now that the show has ended, she may be more free to slip a hint here or there about the final eppies.

In meantime, I weigh in with Strix (I think that's who suggested this character) ...
      Spoiler:
      Bra'tac! It would seem that he's mentioned his age and dying so many times through the years that it would finally come about and leave SG1 all mourning his loss
      Much as she respects that character, I don't know if Sam would cry openly over that. Hm. I still think it has something to do with the
      Spoiler:
      Daniel/Prior storyline

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Re: The emotional scene towards the end of the season...

Spoiler:
        I think it's probably going to be Daniel. I don't want it to be Daniel, because I don't really want any of their lives to be hanging in the balance by series' end, but I'm sure they'll try to be oh-so-original and homage themselves by re-tracing S5's finale.

But I don't expect them to take what they probably consider to be steps back by rehashing the deaths of Janet or Jacob (certainly not her mom), and I doubt they'd kill off Cassie. To be honest, though I wish they had shown her more often after S5, I think it would be a waste of "suspense." So they probably won't touch Cassie ever again.
        Spoiler:
        If something happened to Cassie, who has never, to the best of my knowledge, ever met Vala or Mitchell (lucky her), then the attention would have to be focused on the original team, Sam in particular.

I think Cassie's safe.

As far as Daniel goes, has MS signed on for the TV movies? I heard that he was the only one not signed up for a possible Season Eleven. If they do kill him, what on Earth are they going to do with Vala without her other half around?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          Oh, I think we can expect a cliffhanger for the finale, and that is fine with me. If the movies are due out in July then we won't be waiting any longer than we usually wait. Now, if the second movie ends in a cliffie then it would be a problem, but I don't think we have anything to worry about there. My bet is that the first movie will be resolution to the cliffhanger and the second will close out SG1 and set up series number three.
          i think the same. movie one will be the 'grand finale' to the ori and movie two will be a glorified pilot for the 'third incarnation'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

About Sam crying
            It might be something like this :
            The Ori invading Earth and at the very end the SGC receives a message
            "We've just lost Washington" (and we all know who's there)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Much as she respects that character, I don't know if Sam would cry openly over that. Hm. I still think it has something to do with the
              Spoiler:
              Daniel/Prior storyline

geek
              you know, she might...say
              Spoiler:
              if she was there when it happened or if Bratac sacrificed his life for her

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                About Sam crying
                the thing is, sam wouldnt' go emotional in public like that. or guessing that it's in public and not private - we dont' know

sam would just get this shocked look on her face and excuse herself, to go cry in private

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  You have a point there. True enough. Similar to what happened with Emerson.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                    About Sam crying
                    Now, that is what I call a cliff hanger! As long as Jack is alive to be saved in the movie then I could totally live with that one. Oh, the angst! Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c would all be devastated! It would almost guarantee a Jack's presence and I love to see Sam save one of the guys. It never gets old to see Hero Sam!
                    Last edited by Gate gal; 08 November 2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      ... If they do kill him, what on Earth are they going to do with Vala without her other half around?
                      Vala is so much better without Daniel around it.

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      The Sam crying guessing game ...
                      I know all there is to know about the crying game
                      I've had my share of the crying game

First there are kisses, then there are sighs
                      And then before you know where you are
                      You're sayin goodbye

One day soon I'm gonna tell the moon about the crying game
                      And if he knows maybe he'll explain

Why there are heartaches, why there are tears
                      And what to do to stop feeling blue
                      When love disappears

I know all there is to know about the crying game
                      I've had my share of the crying game

First there are kisses, then there are sighs
                      And then before you know where you are
                      You're sayin goodbye

Don't want no more of the crying game

--
                      Boy George
                      Last edited by scarimor; 08 November 2006, 10:19 AM.
                      scarimor

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I'm hoping for the former, because...

Spoiler:
                        I really don't want Sam's presence to be tied to anyone else's death this season, let alone during the last few episodes.

The writers seem to have a tendency to lean towards the ol' BWC, even when ship is non-existent.

Comment

KatG asked me after I made Mandysg1 her vid to also make one...and well I finally am finished with it so...
                          I hope you like it Kat and also that the other like it eh

Song: Me and my gang
                          Song by: Rascal Flatts
                          Story: Sam/Team
                          Vid by: RepliCartertje
                          http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemId=95176 MGM site
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbtoxGuHok Youtube

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Eh, I don't know that I see even Chris Judge doing the naked, jewel-encrusted thong joke if Tony Amendola is there performing his death scene. I mean, I guess it could happen. But I don't know. Besides, I'd like to think that the writers have taken so much flak for killing Janet, Jacob, and probably now Beckett that Bra'tac is just about immortal by this point. Besides, he's a good, solid character to appear in the movies that actually enhances scenes and can be used to provide honest tension and character development. I say if Bra'tac is even circling the dead pool, then he'll bite it in one of the movies. Then, when Teal'c's story does come to its end, Teal'c can appropriately assume his place as the sole wizened, experienced leader of his people. If the Jaffa aren't forgotten entirely, that is.

As others have said, Carter would definitely lose it if Cassie took the deep dirt nap. But I don't see the writers going back to Cassie at this point, especially if it's just to whack the poor girl.

Honestly, I know that Daniel and Teal'c are safe. Sure, the writers just might be so tapped out that they have Daniel ascend again, but I would hope that Rob Cooper is tired of writing that one himself. Killing Jack O'neill would be insane. I can't think of one thing that would so magnificently kill the franchise. Besides, I think there have been too many overtures of reconciliation and reconnection between RDA and Cooper and Wright for them to not want to tap that most valuable resource once again.

For my money, if anyone is going to suck poison Stargate gas it's going to be Landry, Mitchell, or Vala. They're by far the most expendible characters. Mitchell, while an unlikely kill, has been the biggest failure of the bunch. He still doesn't contribute at all, be it story, character, or function. He also is basically just a place holder for Jack. So the writers may just want to toss him to the wolves. Landry, however, has to be looking like a tasty morsel to any writer with a blood craving. Come movie time, the writers already have two generals to include in Hammond and O'niell. I see both of those as preferred characters over Babe Henry. So I think Landry could die. Then there's Vala. Believe it or not, I can actually see them killing her. I don't think that Cooper has been happy with having to write a five person team at all, and to a certain extent the most satisfying end to the character's redemption arc is to make the ultimate sacrifice, either stopping Adria or saving Adria. I know that she's been a favorite to write for, but as far as future movie projects go, Vala doesn't necessarily fit. She'll always be the third fifth wheel.

Of course, my money right now is on no one dying. I think that Landry is sort of required to stick around for guest spots for Atlantis. Likewise, as much as many fans here in this thread want to see Sam captain a space ship, I think that that career path is much more fitting for Cam. It would keep his character alive within the franchise, allow the writers to not admit him as a failure, and restore the original team for the movies. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the comprise that allows Jack to retake sole command of SG-1 without making it look like they're dumping Mitchell. In the movies, Mitchell could appear as the captain of Earth's latest speedy-built war wagon. SG-1 would be the team that TPTB have had so much unduplicable (is that even a word?) success with and Mitchell could fill the now vacant captancy for SG-1's taxi. It's a win/win scenario. Likewise, I do think that the writers want Vala for the first movie at least.

So, right now, without any further info to go on, I'm calling it as a death-free finale. Sam could be crying for any number of reasons. Everybody place your bets.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                              Vala is so much better without Daniel around it.
                              Vala's definitely better off without Daniel, but if TPTB are accustomed to thinking of her as half of Vaniel, will they bother trying to use her character for anything besides wallpaper when he's gone, regardless of her potential?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Vala's definitely better off without Daniel, but if TPTB are accustomed to thinking of her as half of Vaniel, will they bother trying to use her character for anything besides wallpaper when he's gone, regardless of her potential?
                                Good question.

Whoa, your post count is about to hit a biggie, ReganX
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X