Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Vala is so much better without Daniel around it.

I know all there is to know about the crying game
    I've had my share of the crying game

First there are kisses, then there are sighs
    And then before you know where you are
    You're sayin goodbye

One day soon I'm gonna tell the moon about the crying game
    And if he knows maybe he'll explain

Why there are heartaches, why there are tears
    And what to do to stop feeling blue
    When love disappears

I know all there is to know about the crying game
    I've had my share of the crying game

First there are kisses, then there are sighs
    And then before you know where you are
    You're sayin goodbye

Don't want no more of the crying game

--
    Boy George

I think both of them ought to break-up and stay broken.

Also, I liked the Full Circle/ Moebius reference.

ETA: Does anyone have spoilers for this about Sam? Or is this for an already shown S10 episode?
    Last edited by LaCroix; 08 November 2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
      Spoiler:
      So, right now, without any further info to go on, I'm calling it as a death-free finale. Sam could be crying for any number of reasons. Everybody place your bets.
      OK...

Spoiler:

I'm thinking they're not going to get rid of Vala, Mitchell or Landry in such a final way, because the actors who play them bring along a fairly decent number of followers (which, let's face it, has always been their reason for keeping them). With DVDs, they won't have to worry about ratings being unaffected by the actors' huge international fame. The characters, for all the actors' talent, still have little to offer. But I'm not so sure MGM would be willing to let go of these 3 noob characters so easily.

I guess it's entirely possible that she's "crying" - and I use that term lightly, because different folks have different definitions - because she finds out that she's about to die. Then again, I don't see her crying at a moment like that, considering how many times she's actually faced death. But the writers tend to forget little details like that, so... Anything's possible I suppose.

Then again, as one of the guys said in his blog, that last scene (filmed?) is going to be of the whole team... Maybe they're all paying their last respects to Siler and/or Walter...

Eek, on a serious note, though I really don't want to admit it, I think Hammond is an easy target for the grim reaper.
      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 08 November 2006, 09:12 PM. Reason: eek! forgot spoiler tags in quote... sorry spoiler phobes. :S

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        KatG asked me after I made Mandysg1 her vid to also make one...and well I finally am finished with it so...
        I hope you like it Kat and also that the other like it eh

Song: Me and my gang
        Song by: Rascal Flatts
        Story: Sam/Team
        Vid by: RepliCartertje
        http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemId=95176 MGM site
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbtoxGuHok Youtube
        Squeeeee! Thank you sooo much. It's absolutely perfect and exactly what I had in mind. You even got Agent Barrett in there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Spoiler:
          I'm thinking they're not going to get rid of Vala, Mitchell or Landry in such a final way, because the actors who play them bring along a fairly decent number of followers (which, let's face it, has always been their reason for keeping them). With DVDs, they won't have to worry about ratings being unaffected by the actors' huge international fame. The characters, for all the actors' talent, still have little to offer. But I'm not so sure MGM would be willing to let go of these 3 noob characters so easily.
          Spoiler:
          As far as the DVD movies, it's possible that all of the characters are going to be considered more or less expendable (with the possible exception of Vala, should Adria survive the finale) so that if any of the actors want to play hardball as far as salary/credits/etc. go, they can do without them.

People will have to depend on spoilers and, if they decide to wait before buying, reviews from others to know how big or small a role their favourite character(s) play.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

OK...

Spoiler:
            I guess it's entirely possible that she's "crying" - and I use that term lightly, because different folks have different definitions - because she finds out that she's about to die. Then again, I don't see her crying at a moment like that, considering how many times she's actually faced death. But the writers tend to forget little details like that, so... Anything's possible I suppose.

Then again, as one of the guys said in his blog, that last scene (filmed?) is going to be of the whole team... Maybe they're all paying their last respects to Siler and/or Walter...
            Spoiler:
            I'm also somewhat unconvinced that this scene involves actual crying on Sam's part. As I understand it, Ben Browder was intimating that it was a fairly dramatic scene for Carter, but I'm unsure as to whether he intended to imply that she was bawling her eyes out over something or whether he threw that in there to juxtapose with Chris Judge's shenanigans.

As to the last scene, it's been stated by both Ivan Bartok and Joe Mallozzi that the team going through the gate was the last scene filmed, which doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with it being the final scene of the episode or series. I'm actually hoping it's not. I'd much prefer the team going to grab something to eat a la Meridian or the team fishing a la Moebius to the "the adventure continues" ending. And I suspect that TPTB may want to end the series with a cliffhanger a la Lost City, as much to stick it to Sci-Fi as to hook in viewers for the movies.

Spoiler:
            Eek, on a serious note, though I really don't want to admit it, I think Hammond is an easy target for the grim reaper.
            Spoiler:
            Perhaps as much for his, um, er, corpulence as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
              Spoiler:

As to the last scene, it's been stated by both Ivan Bartok and Joe Mallozzi that the team going through the gate was the last scene filmed, which doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with it being the final scene of the episode or series. I'm actually hoping it's not. I'd much prefer the team going to grab something to eat a la Meridian or the team fishing a la Moebius to the "the adventure continues" ending. And I suspect that TPTB may want to end the series with a cliffhanger a la Lost City, as much to stick it to Sci-Fi as to hook in viewers for the movies.
              Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm not so much game for a big cliffhanger, because nothing could really top TLC imo. And I don't like the idea of being forced into buying a potentially craptacular DVD, though I would chortle at SciFi's expense. Yet, otoh, the really cool way they "ended" the series, like you said, in Meridian and Moebius can't really be topped either. I'm at a loss, because I feel like no matter what they decide to do, it won't be done at the show's 100% potential. In other words, it won't be done right.

There's only so much blame we can place on SciFi, and the movies will probably be the best indicator of just WHO was sucking the coolness out of the show the most - the B@B or the network.

Spoiler:
              Perhaps as much for his, um, er, corpulence as anything else.
              *whacks golfbooy*

Spoiler:
              You're going to regret that when Hammond's pushin' up daisies!

Comment

*whacks golfbooy*

Spoiler:
                You're going to regret that when Hammond's pushin' up daisies!
                Spoiler:
                Yup. Lots and lots of daisies. A veritable field of daisies. A meadow, stretched as far as the eye can see, of nothing but daisies, courtesy of George Hammond.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  It's possible. All poor Hammond has been used for recently is to push the "getting the band back together". TPTB have killed off beloved characters before. The only thing I can think of to save Hammond is that he, like Cassie, isn't connected to the shiny new characters.

On the other hand, they might try to fully include Vala and Mitchell in grieving for Hammond, regardless of realism.

I wonder if it will be Landry. Isn't there supposed to be an episode with him and his daughter. Maybe they're going to reconcile in one episode, then just as they've repaired their relationship, Landry will kick the bucket. This way, TPTB can make it believeable for the whole team to be mourning Mitchell.

If they do kill off Landry, I hope that Sam, Daniel or Jack does the eulogy. I shudder to think what Mitchell would do with it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    now that they have the movie, it wouldnt' surprise me if the series itself ends on a cliffie
                    I'm counting on it... Follow the money.
                    Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    Much as she respects that character, I don't know if Sam would cry openly over that. Hm. I still think it has something to do with the
                    Spoiler:
                    Daniel/Prior storyline

geek
                    Agreed. Athough, during Flesh and Blood, when
                    Spoiler:
                    Bra'tac showed up, hubbie suddenly announced, "He's dead. There's no way he's not dead. Nobody is that lucky. He should be dead by now..." Don't know why, but maybe hubbie's psychic...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      hey look, i'ts a cute little sam/daniel friendship fic

http://moonshayde.livejournal.com/279845.html

I really liked this one. Very original, yet true to the characters.

WTG Moonshayde.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Spoiler:

Heh heh... Ever since the shipper penguins deal began a couple years ago, there've been all these movies made featuring active and irate penguins. But this group seems to be the ones who fit the bill the most. *eyes handcuffs and whip with concern*
                        Aww, and here I always assumed shippers were more like this...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          KatG asked me after I made Mandysg1 her vid to also make one...and well I finally am finished with it so...
                          I hope you like it Kat and also that the other like it eh

Song: Me and my gang
                          Song by: Rascal Flatts
                          Story: Sam/Team
                          Vid by: RepliCartertje
                          http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemId=95176 MGM site
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbtoxGuHok Youtube

Damn, woman, you're fast. You just finished "I Am Woman" like what? Yesterday?

Your vids are so .
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Just in case anyone gets this sudden urge to vote for AT -
                            http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/ All are welcome - no pressure --yet

Also I could use some friends at Stargate SG1.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                              Just in case anyone gets this sudden urge to vote for AT -
                              http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/ All are welcome - no pressure --yet

Also I could use some friends at Stargate SG1.
                              This site makes no sense to me whatsoever.

sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                This site makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The Celeeb site or Stargate SG1 site?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Working...
                                X