Clear All

yeah, i like those cause i could 'hear' them talking
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      More from our Solitudes week...

Click image to enlarge
      See this is one of those episodes where you're screaming at the screen..."DIAL A DIFFERENT ADDRESS, WOMAN!!!!!!!!"

I know she was tired and worried and so on, but I just don't buy that she wouldn't have considered the possibility that something was wrong with the earth gate and give another address a try.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by aske View Post
        I got to meet AT last spring. She was so nice. She sat down next to me, slapped me on the arm, made some really weird remark about her brother and then totally fixed her attention on the one person at our table who had something really nice to say to her. The rest of us wore rather stunned expressions on our faces

She had apparently met everyone else I was with at other times (which impressed the heck out me that she remembered people she met for 10 seconds two years ago!!) so before she had to leave she made sure she knew where I was from. I've met a lot of 'professionals' and supposed 'high ranking' people in my life, but so far she's the only one who ever genuinly wanted to know something about each individual she met. I was impressed!
        Is it any wonder this thread has over 55,000 posts? Not too many people in the business would bother spending time with fans, let alone remembering them afterwards! Amanda really is a class act!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          See this is one of those episodes where you're screaming at the screen..."DIAL A DIFFERENT ADDRESS, WOMAN!!!!!!!!"

I know she was tired and worried and so on, but I just don't buy that she wouldn't have considered the possibility that something was wrong with the earth gate and give another address a try.
          We were discussing that same thing on the shipper thread over the weekend. It bugged me too, but I think I'm going with the theory that by the time she got the DHD dug out of the ice she already had mild hypothermia. Had she been thinking clearly, she'd have tried another address imediately. Of course, it was season one, too. She didn't have near the Gate travel experience that she has now. I'm sure she'd have dialed a different address if it happened in a later season, and that would stink because we'd have missed the real team building moments. I loved Sam's desperation to save her CO (see I can leave my shippy attitude out when I try), and Daniel and Teal'c's inability to give up the search for their team mates.
          Last edited by Gate gal; 30 October 2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I didn't think of trying another address when I first watched that episode :<

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              We were discussing that same thing on the shipper thread over the weekend. It bugged me too, but I think I'm going with the theory that by the time she got the DHD dug out of the ice she already had mild hypothermia. Had she been thinking clearly, she'd have tried another address imediately. Of course, it was season one, too. She didn't have near the Gate travel experience that she has now. I'm sure she'd have dialed a different address if it happened in a later season, and that would stink because we'd have missed the real team building moments. I loved Sam's desperation to save her CO (see I can leave my shippy attitude out when I try), and Daniel and Teal'c's inability to give up the search for their team mates.
              I guess I can kinda justify it because I'm thinking that took place in mid-S1, meaning they probably didn't have a lot of planets to choose from for refuge or safe havens, right (or did they)? Well... besides the Land of Light... And if O'Neill was injured, it wouldn't make sense to dial a planet that may or may not be hostile OR contain their own alien version of an iris.

I dunno. I think she should've tried other sequences/patterns/whatever too, but at that time in their lives what did they consider the odds of finding a friendly planet to be? Especially with one of them injured, and the other one suffering from the cold as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post
                nice pic but imo there are better ones! eg. I really like pics from conventions, specially when she laughs or has fun with her "guys" (Chris, Michael,...)
                good night Samandans, have a nice day over there on the other side of the Atlantic

Mick.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  I didn't think of trying another address when I first watched that episode :<
                  You're also not a blonde-bombshell genius with a penchant for pulling brilliant ideas out of your...head either, mister.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    It was found !! It's the Revisions clip with CJ, AT and MS. I love her laughter . It's so contagious!

http://www.mthayer.com/stargate/DS-Revisions_clips.html
                    I had to watch that more than once... the first time I watched it I had to stare at their hands. What was grabbing what, who was grabbing whom.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

You're also not a blonde-bombshell genius with a penchant for pulling brilliant ideas out of your...head either, mister.
                      Well I may not be a genius or a bombshell. Or blonde -

Comment

i thought the same thing about that...why couln't she dial a different address? she is the smart one, she must have thought about it! and yes she was working under pressure but she has done that more times so! And i 'm sure that she knew another address, Abydos as example, she to know that one. And still don't know why she didn't do that(dialing another address)?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                          i thought the same thing about that...why couln't she dial a different address? she is the smart one, she must have thought about it! and yes she was working under pressure but she has done that more times so! And i 'm sure that she knew another address, Abydos as example, she to know that one. And still don't know why she didn't do that(dialing another address)?
                          She could have dialed another address but certainly not Abydos. Daniel told them to bury it for a year remember!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                            Amanda seems to have an uncanny ability to spot the nervous and shy - and to put them right at ease!!

There really isn't much time at the photo shoot to say much and "It's nice to meet you" is just perfect!!

There may be a little more time at the autograph session whilst she is signing the photo's.

I'm hoping to get a "Thanks for Sam Carter" in somewhere

See you there!!
                            Ow, I only have a day ticket for Saturday, so I'll only get to see her at the photo shoot But I have my fingers crossed for AT3 already! Hey have you posted your seat number in the GABIT thread so we can see who is sitting where from GW? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14012

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                            It was found !! It's the Revisions clip with CJ, AT and MS. I love her laughter . It's so contagious!

http://www.mthayer.com/stargate/DS-Revisions_clips.html
                            My new favourite. thing. EVER! *dies of laughter*

NZBG, I was waaaay too distracted by the hands aswell!

In defence of Sam in Solitudes; I really do think that most of her mind was taken up with worry and cold, plus she was probably injured too and just not letting on. I think her assumption was not that there was anything wrong with the Earth gate, but that the Antarctic gate had a power problem because it could dial but it couldn't engage the wormhole. Also, she may not actually have known any other gate addresses at the time. As I said in the shipper thread, I think that later on they established a list of 'safe' planets and SGC personnel would commit a list of these addresses to memory... then later on they established the beta site.

Just IMHO though

As for that Dove campaign video; I've been spreading that around the net as much as I can, never thought of posting it here though! As it says at the end; no wonder our perception of beauty is distorted. Since I do a lot of Photoshop work myself, I can often tell when someone has been airbrushed, and it upsets me since these 'perfect' women that all of us secretly wish we looked like don't even exist!!!!! That kind of media nonsense exists to make women unhappy; people like myself who are an average size feel that they should be thinner, girls who actually look like models still find fault with themselves because they think their eyes are too close together or their thighs are too big, while they are comparing themselves to a computer enhanced photo that looks nothing like a real person!!!! In the end, no one is happy... It's just a modernised version of the same repression of women that has existed since society began.

[/rant] Oopsie, bit of a hot topic with me...

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              I had to watch that more than once... the first time I watched it I had to stare at their hands. What was grabbing what, who was grabbing whom.
                              Hee. Me too
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                                The newest official magazine has a nice long interview with Amanda, and she’s one of the two centerfold posters. In the interview she mentions how nice it is to have another woman on the set, Claudia, and how the two of them are trying to put little moments into the scenes.

Links to pictures of the interview, and the centerfold

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age1oct_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age2oct_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age3oct_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...age4oct_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...foldoct_06.jpg

NC
                                Thank you NC....we don't get the magazines out here so I'm grateful for any links to stories on SG1...we don't even get the tv specials either...I hope they put them on the dvd's!!
                                Thanks again NC!!

How is everyone here at Samanda??

I've been away for a few days...spending some time with my 3 bestest buddies..we went to secondary school together...so we just celebrated 20 years of friendship...it's weird how time flies...it's seems like we only left school a year ago...now 2 of us are married with kids and 2 are still living the single life...our lives are so different but we share so much in common as well!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X