Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    She sure has gotten tied up a lot over the past ten years, hasn't she?

*awaits the slew of "bondage" pics from scari with a bit of concern*
    Well it's BOUND to happen now.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      Well it's BOUND to happen now.
      groooaaannnnn
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
        Spoiler:
        Before this spins out of control, please note that any possibility of Pete being in The Road Not Taken is pure speculation on my part. There has been no indication that he's a part of the story, at least as far as I know. It's just one of the possibilities given the title of the episode.

Personally, I'm hoping that Jacob is the unexpected guest, or Sam's mom, or Cassandra, or Henry Hayes even. All of those make for a way more interesting episode in my book.

that's why i'm not freaking yet, though it wouldn't surprise me if he was because rob seems to not like being told no. hmm, that seems familiar.

Spoiler:
        i'd LOVE for the unexpected guest to be sam's mom! i have this idea of what she looks like (not like the pic we saw ) and what her personality was like. i'd like to see our sam dealing with not just an older-than-she's-used-to mom, but sam's older and her responses to her would be more mature.

it's just a goldmine of possibilities and drama, which makes me pretty sure it won't happen. it's too deep for the stargate: mtv we get now.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          we're doing ok, until she takes his doohickey fishing....then we're alllll in trouble (although i think sam might have a good time )
          it's getting mighty warm in here.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

We have a fine example of how it usually pans out right here, with Sam in Stargate. To use your own term, sally, when TPTB wrote relationship stuff for Sam, it turned out "sucky".

Of course it did! They're not romance writers. They haven't a clue how to write a female character re. a relationship scenario. I don't want to see it in the show because I know they're not any good at it. Let them stick to what they're good at - they've been having enough trouble getting some of that right recently, too.
            being totally honest with myself, the only part of any of sam's romances that seemed sucky was the end of chimera, where sam put up with what pete did. but the 'romance' stuff with her and pete (the first half)... i've always dreamed of stuff like that for sam and jack, and i thought it was beautifully filmded/thought out. i've also loved all the stuff with sam and jack, including the hard-to-watch stuff between them after sam got with pete.

the only part of the s/j romance (and i use that term on purpose) that's 'sucky' is that it's never went anywhere. oh, there's a chance sam and jack really are already together, but i won't believe it until i'm told outright or shown.

you might cringe through all the romance stuff, but i don't. i've always enjoyed it. but i've also enjoyed the other aspects of sam's life. but this one topic, the one that won't go away because it's never been shown to have succeeded or failed; the longer it goes on, the bigger the issue becomes. but seeing as you think the issue is already resolved, it's just the s/j shippers that'll fret.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777 View Post

I have never really understood the comments made such as not wanting Sam to end up "Jack's girl" or that Sam was solely defined by her relationship with jack.
              since i've never seen it, i've wondered if it's the 'fear' of it happening?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                without sidetracking this into a coop discussion, perhaps AT saw the weaknesses in the show runner, and that fed her fear.

coop seems to have issues seeing women as strong, vital and independant souls. he seems to ssee them as cliches and perpetrates that vision upon any and all female characters under his control.

vala is a prime example. teyla is too adn so is weir to a certain extent. amanda was afriad of sam being little more than half of sam and jack, not because she doesnt' like it, but because it made her vulnerable.

and it's not her fault. it's the fault of the writers and their stereotypes and coop's lack of ability to get them out of it

I see why she was afraid and i think the lack fo sam storyline in the past two years is validation of that fear.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

(snip)

For me, Pete would have been fine as a one episode deal. He's in town for a week and Mark asked Sam to look him up. They get along great and Sam is able to just be a regular girl for a while. But there's not a chance of it developing into a serious relationship. Still it's good for her.
                  No morning after hissy fit from Pete; no pain for Sam. I still hate the way he walks out on her in the scene. Sam opens her heart and he stomps on it.
                  i really like your ideas, jckfan.

if i were one of the writers, and rob came up to me and said, 'you have to write a boyfriend for sam'. after my screaming and whining fit , i would have...

i'd have written sam meeting a hunk, HUNK, in the gym or something. some very easy going guy that gives sam nothing but peace and a non complicated time. OR, i'd have had sam dating a new guy every week, with daniel and such teasing sam with, 'so who's on the plate this week, sam?'.

this would have shown sam making the effort to go out and enjoy herself with the opposite sex. the only time things would have heated up would have been when either a- the guy wanted to take the relationship deeper, or b- when her dad was dying and sam turned to jack instead of the guy she was with. either one would let sam know who she wanted.

it's all personal tastes, but i've never been able to accept david deluise as sam's boyfriend. i just can't. *that* is the number one prob i've had with pete, and bad writing being second.

on a side note: i've decided i want amanda to guest star on Lost. maybe even become a regular...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by STARGATE7777

I have never really understood the comments made such as not wanting Sam to end up "Jack's girl" or that Sam was solely defined by her relationship with jack.

sally
                    When Amanda has commented on this topic in the past, she's seemed to be relieved that the Sam character hasn't been pigeonhold into just being "Jack's girl" and has continued to be a strong character in her own right.

The 'ship has the potential to make the character one-dimensional. Not that we haven't seen shades of that for other reasons.
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I see why she was afraid and i think the lack fo sam storyline in the past two years is validation of that fear.
                      see, i don't see the lack of sam storyline(s) in s9 and 10 tied to s/j. at all. i saw it as TAKING her good stuff and giving it away. if it was groovy for sam, won't it work fantastically for mitchell and vala?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

see, i don't see the lack of sam storyline(s) in s9 and 10 tied to s/j. at all. i saw it as TAKING her good stuff and giving it away. if it was groovy for sam, won't it work fantastically for mitchell and vala?

sally
                        One tiny little problem with that idea - Sam is an intelligent, well-written character with personality and depth.

Mitchell and Vala... different story altogether.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

very interesting, now i know it's just a coincidence

'happy confident students do worse in math'
                          http://www.yahoo.com/s/416744

kinda works with sam and our impressions about her past
                          Ya know, that's what I thought when I saw that headline this morning. And Sam's really good at math...makes you think...

Comment

very interesting, now i know it's just a coincidence

'happy confident students do worse in math'
                            http://www.yahoo.com/s/416744

kinda works with sam and our impressions about her past
                            That's interesting.

I wonder if its a case of the "happy, confident students" spending less time on their math studies and more on their social lives than their less confident counterparts or if very intelligent children have difficulty dealing with their peers and do not enjoy that side of their school experience.

Comment

sally
                              Yeah, I see what you mean. The biggie? They took her leadership and gave it to Mitchell.

And Teal'c not having a solid storyline...poor guy's wallpaper, yet he's not 'Jack's girl'...at least I really hope not. Lack of storylines on both parts is poor writing.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Yeah, I see what you mean. The biggie? They took her leadership and gave it to Mitchell.
                                And have been highlighting Vala as an ex-host with nary a mention of Jolinar.

Comment

Working...
                                X