Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Great posts everyone ... even if we're not on the Whingenuts thread. I'm sure Ooober or Astro will arrive soon and start herding us over there.

In meantime, what bothers me from all this is that the movie to be made will now incorporate a far larger cast, a hybrid cast, and that too may bomb!

Didn't anyone over in their ivory towers ever ever stop to think that quality over quantity was the missing ingredient in the recipe? Subtle flavors and seasonings make an entire concoction oh so delicious.
    Yeah... I thought it was odd that BW actually suggested that the next Stargate film could include the casts from Atlantis and SG-1. That was a bit of a surprise. At one point, I would've been cheering.

However, considering they have a hard time utilizing all of the actors and characters on the series separately, I honestly don't see how they could successfully utilize a combined cast.

Comment

Great posts everyone ... even if we're not on the Whingenuts thread. I'm sure Ooober or Astro will arrive soon and start herding us over there.
      Yes, it's hard sometimes to remain positive. Support for AT quickly slides into disgust at opportunities lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        The strange thing is that the people responsible for the changes at sg1 were so lacking in foresight. We get called for "unitelligent" rants, but they tank one of the longest running sci fi shows.

They wanted to create a different show, but were not allowed to make sweeping changes, but sweeping changes they did make. They sidelined the the big three to all intents and purposes, or changed their characters to fit the new direction. They should have known it wouldn't work.

There was talk of a second spin off. Why couldn't they continue the old SG1 for another 2 seasons. Round it off as it should be done, with all character's dignity intact and Sam in command, I'm sure the ratings would have held a lot better than they have. If so they would still have got their chance at a second spin off and that would have been their opportunity to secure their own jobs and paychecks (cough) for another few years.

As it is they have completley lost it. Do you think that the people who have done this to the show will be offered the chance to create a another spin off? If it were me I'd be asking someone new to take over - if I went for a second spin off.

Anyway as someone has already mentioned. This was only the first show. Ratings (as well as rantings) could improve - especialy if the eps get better and word gets around.
        Yep, we may be making much ado about nothing ... premature articulation. (Blushing)

Er, then again ... I just passed a rather large woman in the hallway, dressed in Valkyrie costume and she was smiling ....

Comment

I also think it was very telling that RDA and AT were not given many scenes with his coming back in new season ... I was so hoping that if they sent Jack to Atlantis on a mission, Sam accompanied him. Not to be.

These two actors are a delight to watch ... they have such good acting chemistry ... their beats/timing with each other are spot on. Again, I'm not talking "ship" here, just two fine actors being in scenes and bringing out the best in each other.

Another faux pas by TPTB.
          TPTB are still trying to steer RDA away from SG-1. And truthfully, without him, the show never would have gotten off the ground and I wouldn't have gotten to see Amanda and watch her work effortlessly and beautifully with him.
          sigpic

Comment

Time for a picture.

Comment

Hey Samandans! Can I have your attention please?!

I have an idea that might help cheer us all up. I snurched this idea from another fandom I'm on and well I thought it could be fun to see what you all would say.

Ready to play Let's Pretend?

Here's the game: Say that Amanda is having a hard time deciding what scenes as Sam to put on her demo/promo reel as she's getting ready to send it off to various casting agents and such looking for the next great role. She comes to you and asks for your input. What scenes from SG1 as Sam would you put on her demo/promo reel?
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Time for a picture.
                Sam: Yep, Daniel and I are just leaving now...uh huh...What? Really? That's...(looks at Daniel)... We'll be back by six.

Daniel: Who was that?

Sam: Walter. He says the General got his tongue stuck on the frozen yogurt machine.

Daniel: We really should give him more to do.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Here's the game: Say that Amanda is having a hard time deciding what scenes as Sam to put on her demo/promo reel as she's getting ready to send it off to various casting agents and such looking for the next great role. She comes to you and asks for your input. What scenes from SG1 as Sam would you put on her demo/promo reel?

Point of View - the end with Dr. Carter and Jack
                  There But for the Grace of God - the Briefing Room before she blows it up
                  Gemini -
                  Spoiler:
                  the fight scenes between Carter and RepliCarter

Reckoning I & II
                  Spoiler:
                  RepliCarter and Daniel; Sam, Jacob and Ba'al on Dakarra

Threads.
                  Spoiler:
                  The infirmary scene with Jacob

Last edited by ChevronSeven; 20 July 2006, 12:45 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have an idea that might help cheer us all up. I snurched this idea from another fandom I'm on and well I thought it could be fun to see what you all would say.

Screeeeeeeeeeech .... gears clashing and changing ... okay ...

1. Elevator scene from Singularity
                    2. Force-field scene with Jack in Divide and Conquer
                    3. Scene with her father Jacob in Grace. What a display of emotions!
                    4. Scene with Janet in 2010 when told she can't have children; confrontation scene with Jack in 2010 at his cabin.

NOT FAIR ... I have to stop, these are coming to mind so easily and others have to join in!!

Great idea to showcase Sam scenes!

Comment

How to choose? So much good work. Lots of good selections over at the best AT acting by season polls. Anyone have the link handy?

This isn't exactly a moment for the acting highlight reel, but I was watching " Deadman Switch" yesterday and one little moment struck me. When they've been captured by Aris Boch & are coming down the steep hill, AT/Sam slips a little bit and has to catch herself. Just a nice human moment that they left in.

Comment

Time for a picture.
                        D: "Are you sure that we should keep it a secret, Sam?"

S: "Yes, Jack isn't ready to deal with our eloping like this and neither is Teal'c."

D: "At least no one knows we're in Vegas. It was close enough to Area 51 for you to get away quickly."

S: "You know, Daniel, you have such potential ... this just may work after all."

D: "Did I tell you how much I adore your white suit? Maybe I can take a photo of you in it during our honeymoon ... er, without the blouse underneath?!"

S: "It's already been done."
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 July 2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Time for a picture.
                          Amanda: "Right so that's one offer for a TV film need to meet Director over lunch next tuesday, one offer for a lead in a network series, one audition for a movie in LA. Michael, are you keeping up with this?"

Michael: "Uuuh...yeah, this P.A. job you've given me is harder than I thought it would be. I think you've double booked now for tuesday, lunch with RDA".

Amanda: "Ahh yes, we're discussing the option of doing another show together..."

Comment

1speed, I'm waiting for your caption!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Amanda: "Right so that's one offer for a TV film need to meet Director over lunch next tuesday, one offer for a lead in a network series, one audition for a movie in LA. Michael, are you keeping up with this?"

Michael: "Uuuh...yeah, this P.A. job you've given me is harder than I thought it would be. I think you've double booked now for tuesday, lunch with RDA".

Amanda: "Ahh yes, we're discussing the option of doing another show together..."
                              LOVE IT!!

Comment

D: "Are you sure that we should keep it a secret, Sam?"

S: "Yes, Jack isn't ready to deal with our eloping like this and neither is Teal'c."

D: "At least no one knows we're in Vegas. It was close enough to Area 51 for you to get away quickly."

S: "You know, Daniel, you have such potential ... this just may work after all."

D: "Did I tell you how much I adore your white suit? Maybe I can take a photo of you in it during our honeymoon ... er, without the blouse underneath?!"

S: "It's already been done."
                                Aw, see. And I used to like you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X