Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Some other people who read out factual report on the thread took it and posted elsewhere, then there were rumours about Amanda leaving the show apparently. Amanda had to post on her website (when she was on holiday with her family) that the rumours were not true.

Needless to say I won't be doing any factual reporting from GABIT2! Darren actually took our posts and made them front page news on Gateworld. I wasn't best pleased I can tell you.

It started a fervour on Gateworld over Sam and the leadership issue and her potentially doing only 10 shows on SG1 nad 10 on Atlantis etc. There was a groundswell of support for Amanda and Sam.
    Wow! Poor Amanda! We really do need to be careful, don't we? I hate that someone used the thread against her (and you). On the other hand, I would hate to think that without the uproar we may have lost Sam. I just hope Amanda didn't have too much backlash with the PTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      it's from 'it's good to be king'....right after sam grabs jack's sidearm
      i'm trying to be good here... really, i am.

*insert seductive smiley face*

i'm doing good controlling myself, right?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        mmhm, sam seeing dead people.

that could be fun
        and poignant!

it could be a gift and burden for sam to carry.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i'm trying to be good here... really, i am.

*insert seductive smiley face*

i'm doing good controlling myself, right?

sally
          i'm right there with ya buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Spoiler:

See now that's what I'm talking about... that's what I was sort of hoping for as well. They throw Sam out in space to watch the entire freakin' battle with the Ori. Yes it was cool to see Sam floating in space - completely helpless but I really thought we'd see a bit more reprecussions for her being out there so long. I mean she had to have been nearly out of oxygen. She told Mitchell that the Ori had been gone for over four hours. Sam was working on the gate for some time before the Korelev even showed up and the battle ensued. From what I have read the tanks the astronauts use only hold seven hours of oxygen. She had to have known she was getting seriously close to running out of oxygen, why was she so calm when we first see her? I mean she watches a battle take place right before her eyes. It wasn't even a fair fight. Sam literally watched as the Korolev and Earth's allies be slaughtered by the Ori and then she sits for four hours after the Ori ships leave the vicinity thinking that she is alone. Wondering if anyone left on the ships are alive. If any of her teammates are alive. Noone responds to distress calls. Could you imagine floating there alone for four hours thinking that everyone you knew was dead and noone was going to rescue you? So why were we given nothing in terms of Sam dealing with any of that. Yes she seemed relieved to hear Mitchell's voice, but I guess I just expected more. I mean last year we got a three parter dealing with the escapades of Vala and this year instead of giving us a truly dramatic conclusion to last year's slaughter we got a forty two minute reader's digest version of what happened with little to no consequences or real drama.

Oh well. I guess I'm just expecting a little too much from the Boys at Bridge.

Spoiler:
            that's why i'd said that while i was watching the ep, i'd been disappointed because i *knew* that before season 9, *real* time would have been spent on sam's predicament. there's just too many cast members now. or, the newbies are getting more screen time. did we really need all that time with vala and her ever-changing daughters?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

and poignant!

it could be a gift and burden for sam to carry.

sally
              i did that once in a fic. sam saw a couple of ghosts. 'no time like the present' i think.

i told bits of her past via flashback. after her mom's death, her breakup with jonas, post jolinar, pivotal moments in her life

then there's the creepy part in the end when she finds out that the two people she talked to, a mo ther and daughter, were really dead, they'd died a couple of years ago
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                NO OOMPAH LOOMPAS!! They're evil...evil I tell you...and have really POOR fashion sense!

Peguins are better dressers.
                Penguins !!!!

Don't let CG know, we'll never get her away from the pool
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I'm with you. I thought RDA was great in that ep.As you say, it wasn't the torture so much as the aftermath when he'd be thrown back in the cell and knowing he'd be going back to Baal for another session.
                  see, for me, i HATED abyss. if all those scenes would have been with sam, i could have taken it. but with it being with jack... i think it's because i'm in love with jack/rda (as much as one can be without meeting him ) that it hit me in a different way. i could take it with sam (*i'm* her), but not with jack. but here's another weird thing... i'd be more broken up if sam died than jack. i think because i live so totally and completely *through sam* that if she d.. di... didn't live, i'd be gone too... does that make sense?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

sam: daniel, i'm not sure we should do this...

daniel: it's the only way, sam.

teal'c: indeed.

*daniel and teal'c watch sam hand the man a 'help wanted' sign.*

sam: we need a job. if we could all stay together, it would be preferable...

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I just got my laugh of the night when I read the TV Guide containing the article that Suzotchka scanned in yesterday.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=46254

Look at the picture of Cam and Rodney in the first link. Cam is holding a lemon. Gee, I wonder who might told Cam about Rodney and lemons?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        yeah, but trust me, it takes a high salary to keep them dressing in those suits.
                        I'd rather spend MY money paying the pequins, thank you!
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

*hands SPAZ some chocolate then quickly gets out of her way

I don't think...ok I'd like to HOPE that the B@B aren't THAT sadistic! I can see it now...

News Anchor: Uh this is Poppy Tart and I'm live in front of Bridge Studios in Burbry (sp?) Canada where a gazillion fans of Amanda Tapping, calling themselves the Kingdom of Samanda, have gathered bearing buckets of tar, feathers and other forms of torture. They are chanting and calling out for some "Boys at Bridge" to come out and face the music. Why are these throngs of fans here?

Apparently the "Boys at Bridge" as the production folks are called by fans, have made the decision to permanently kill of the most beloved character on the scifi show, SG1, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter. Her loyal fans have come to settle the score. More at 11 p.m.

Back to you Bob.
                          end transmission
                          ROTFLOL! Love it!

Comment

that frightening look that screams 'If I still had the strength to stand, I'd rip your heart out and shove it down your throat.' Each time they are beaten down and stand back up I can hear the silent mantra 'You may destroy my body, but you will never destroy my will.'
                            That's what I want to see from Sam!
                            Summary of personal opinions regarding Sam and Whumpage.

Whumping Sam - Good.
                            Killing Sam & Not Reviving Her - Very Very Bad.
                            I agree, Kat!
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 18 July 2006, 08:53 PM.

Comment

*hands SPAZ some chocolate then quickly gets out of her way

I don't think...ok I'd like to HOPE that the B@B aren't THAT sadistic! I can see it now...

News Anchor: Uh this is Poppy Tart and I'm live in front of Bridge Studios in Burbry (sp?) Canada where a gazillion fans of Amanda Tapping, calling themselves the Kingdom of Samanda, have gathered bearing buckets of tar, feathers and other forms of torture. They are chanting and calling out for some "Boys at Bridge" to come out and face the music. Why are these throngs of fans here?

Apparently the "Boys at Bridge" as the production folks are called by fans, have made the decision to permanently kill of the most beloved character on the scifi show, SG1, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter. Her loyal fans have come to settle the score. More at 11 p.m.

Back to you Bob.
                              end transmission
                              News Anchor: And now for an update from what's been happening at the Bridges Studios in Burnaby. Now over to you Poppy.

News Reporter: Thanks Bob, it seems that things here outside the studios have not cooled down at all. Well perhaps that's not the correct wording for what's going on Bob. About half an hour ago trucks started coming to the studio and dumping their loads of what could only be described as blue jello all over the entrance way into the studios. As you can see Bob, the security guards are trying to wade through the massive mounds of jello. Now Bob as hard as that is to believe you won't believe what else has shown up...it looks like a line of...penguins making their way down the street heading for the blue jello. I just don't know what to say about this Bob?

Bob: Did you say penguins Poppy?

Poppy: I sure did Bob, and now back to you.

Bob: Well thank you Poppy, we will continue to keep you updated on whats going on at the Bridges Studios.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

see, for me, i HATED abyss. if all those scenes would have been with sam, i could have taken it. but with it being with jack... i think it's because i'm in love with jack/rda (as much as one can be without meeting him ) that it hit me in a different way. i could take it with sam (*i'm* her), but not with jack. but here's another weird thing... i'd be more broken up if sam died than jack. i think because i live so totally and completely *through sam* that if she d.. di... didn't live, i'd be gone too... does that make sense?
                                sally
                                One word - Therapy!
                                J/K I know what you mean Sal. Sorta. I still love seeing Jack being whumped, but I'll keep my enthusiusm to a dull roar whenever you're nearby. OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X