Welcome, Rachel!

Congrats KatG on 1,000 posts!

Thanks AQO. And I love the pics.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
        here have a tissue....
        But I have to agree also...I do really miss the team
        But that vid is on so many levels a little bit sad. I mean Heroes is in it
        But still a great vid.
        T...Th..Thanks....*sniff* The new stuff is ok....but the original was...there is NO substitute. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          IF they did decide to write something along the lines of what I suggested, I'd be afraid that they'd have an entire episode of Sam playing straight-man to Vala's funny, snarky lines. There is a tendency to polarize and exagerate characteristics in such scenes. Whereas, what I'd be really hoping for would be that the two did not become polar opposites, but rather that there was a creation of some common ground, a common goal, ugency of the moment taking over rather than one-line quips and put-downs.
          I agree, the two would need to relate in a way that accomplishes the goal. Saving the universe, blowing up suns, et al. I also am afraid that it would degenerate into what we saw between Sideshow Denial (oops, Daniel) and Vala. She doesn't really seem to be able to relate in any other way, at least not for too long.
          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

you guys have heard that ben browder was asked to play pete before ddl was chosen? you ever wonder how that would have turned out IF bb had taken the role?

even if they'd written the same STUPID checking up/following around crap, pete still would have been more believable with bb playing him (to me).

i know it's all in the eye of the beholder, but i find bb a much hotter looking guy. *turns off s/j shipper vibes* if bb had played pete, in the makeout scene in chimera... at least i would have understood *sam* in that scene.

i would have understood a lot more of sam's mindset, if they'd picked bb to play pete. *turns s/j shipper vibes back on*

k, done. i really don't know where that came from.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              I met a bunch of Samandans at Shore Leave and you gals rock!!! tsaxlady, ForeverSG1 and others have better pics of Amanda to post than my little Canon digital. But, be that as it may, I have to say that Amanda really has a 1000-watt smile and once seen it is not forgotten!!! Don't need no picture, I carry that mental image in my fron!!!
              I just wanted to thank you and all of the other Gateworlders I met at Shore Leave for such a wonderful weekend. As much as I loved seeing Amanda, Carmen and Corin, it was all of you that helped to make my weekend such a blast. Last night while I was unpacking my bags, my daughter walked into the room and shouted "Oh Momma, where did you get that blue Jell-o!!" I have no idea how she even saw the box, but it instantly reminded me of our late nights in the lobby freezing our bums off together.

I've spent the better part of the morning trying to upload Shore Leave photos. I'm about half done, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do any more this week. Unfortunately some of Amanda's look a bit odd because I was having a difficult time correcting the red-eyes in some of them. Oh well.

Amanda

Carmen & Amanda

Carmen

Corin

Corin and Carmen

Edit: Feel free to snag any of the above photos. I only ask that if anyone uses them on their website that they credit me for them. Enjoy!
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 July 2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                you guys have heard that ben browder was asked to play pete before ddl was chosen? you ever wonder how that would have turned out IF bb had taken the role?

even if they'd written the same STUPID checking up/following around crap, pete still would have been more believable with bb playing him (to me).

i know it's all in the eye of the beholder, but i find bb a much hotter looking guy. *turns off s/j shipper vibes* if bb had played pete, in the makeout scene in chimera... at least i would have understood *sam* in that scene.

i would have understood a lot more of sam's mindset, if they'd picked bb to play pete. *turns s/j shipper vibes back on*

sally
                I agree with you. DdL is cute but not quite as alpha male as BB. The attraction side of the relationship would have made sense with BB playing the part even if the storyline didn't...you would have thought the fact they couldn't get someone like BB interested in the part might have given them a hint the character wasn't right...
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I just wanted to thank you and all of the other Gateworlders I met at Shore Leave for such a wonderful weekend. As much as I loved seeing Amanda, Carmen and Corin, it was all of you that helped my weekend such a blast. Last night while I was unpacking my bags, my daughter walked into the room and shouted "Oh Momma, where did you get that blue Jell-o!!" I have no idea how she even saw the box, but it instantly reminded me of our late nights in the lobby freezing our bums off together.

I've spent the better part of the morning trying to upload Shore Leave photos. I'm about half done, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do any more this week. Unfortunately some of Amanda's look a bit odd because I was having a difficult time correcting the red-eyes in some of them. Oh well.

Amanda

Carmen & Amanda

Carmen

Corin

Corin and Carmen

Edit: Feel free to snag any of the above photos. I only ask that if anyone uses them on their website that they credit me for them. Enjoy!
                  They look great the pics, I have not seen them all but the ones I have seen look really really great. thanks for sharing them with us

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Teehee! Here's my silly contribution to a Sam/Vala scene for season ten.

VALA
                    No, I don't think so.

CARTER
                    Well, I do.

VALA
                    It's not going to work.

CARTER
                    Certainly not if we keep standing here arguing about it.

VALA
                    There's nothing to argue about. You're wrong. Accept it. Move forward...

CARTER
                    I am not wrong.

VALA
                    How do you know you're not wrong?

CARTER
                    Because I... Daniel? A little help here please?

DANIEL
                    (standing in the doorway and backing out slowly)
                    Ah... looks like you're doing just fine on your own here, Sam. I better get down to my lab and check out all those glyphs we brought back...

CARTER
                    Daniel!

VALA
                    Oh, give me a break. Daniel! Get back here! The least you could do is stick around and hold the poor woman's hand... considering she doesnt' even realize how completely WRONG she is.

CARTER
                    I AM NOT WRONG!

(Daniel disappears quickly)

VALA

(turning back to CARTER)

Okay. All right. Don't twist your knickers in a bunch over it. What is it with you people? Everyone's always SO EXCITED. Everything's always SUCH a big deal. Fine, then. Have it your way. Go blow up your new toy. See if I care.

CARTER
                    It's not a TOY. And it isn't going to BLOW UP. That's not even possible. Not unless...

VALA

(watching CARTER carefully, she leans forward to whisper)

Yes?

CARTER

(scowling)

VALA
                    (with a smirk)
                    I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.

CARTER
                    Nothing.

VALA
                    Oh, no, this 'nothing' I have to hear.

CARTER
                    (her scowl turns into a glower)
                    Don't you have some place you have to be? Someone you have to do? I dunno, maybe a-

VALA
                    Ouch. There, see, NOW you've hurt my feelings.
                    (she pouts insincerely)
                    And I was just beginning to really LIKE you.

CARTER
                    Damn. All that hard work and planning down the drain.
                    (A petulant smile as she stalks to the other end of her lab)
                    Guess I'll just have to start all over again.
                    (she begins working on something, head down, an obvious dismissal).

VALA
                    (hops up to sit on the counter, crosses her legs, watches silently)
                    You missed a crystal.

CARTER
                    (doesn't look up, doesn't reply)

VALA
                    (quiet for another few seconds)
                    There. You missed it again. If you keep on doing that, you're going to...

CARTER
                    (head snaps up, livid)
                    I SEE THE DAMN CRYSTAL, OKAY!?!

VALA
                    (one hand raised defensively, she hops off the counter)
                    Yikes. Testy.
                    (she rolls her eyes and studies CARTER for a few seconds, then smirks)

Oh, yes. Now I get what the General sees in you.

(CARTER doesn't reply)

VALA
                    You know, you're not nearly as scary as you'd like everyone to believe you are.

CARTER
                    (finally had it, looks up again, exasperated)
                    Scary?! *You* think *I* am scary? Yuh-you-

VALA
                    There now. That feels better, doesn't it? Getting it all out in the open. Cathartic, wouldn't you say? You know, admitting you have a problem is half the battle, darling. You're well on your way-

CARTER
                    Gahhh!
                    (growling)
                    Get out.

VALA
                    (blinks, surprised)
                    I beg your pardon?

CARTER
                    (advancing slowly towards VALA, sotto voce)
                    Get. Out. Of. My. Lab.

VALA
                    Oh, come on. I was only trying to help...

CARTER
                    (whispers)
                    Now.
                    (she stops an inch in front of VALA; the two are face to face)
                    Before I do something very, very, scary.

VALA
                    (huffing, but she takes a step backward)
                    Fine then. Have it your way.
                    (She enters the hall, turns, flips her hair)
                    But if you blow up the damn mountain, don't come CRYING back to me.

CARTER
                    (her hands fist at her sides, she forces a smile):
                    Bye!
                    (she waves genially)

VALA
                    (grumbling)
                    No one ever listens to me. Despite the fact I've saved *all* of your lives..
                    (she turns and yells over her shoulder)
                    More than once!
                    (continues sulking down the corridor)
                    It's just Vala, do this and Vala do that. Vala, come see if you can remember this symbol. Vala don't get in the way... Well I *do* have a *few* skills of my own, you know, I'm not just just some useless piece of cargo equipment you can all just...
                    (she stops; perks up suddenly)
                    I wonder what my Daniel is up to?

CARTER
                    (shuts her eyes; takes a long, deep breath. She turns around and faces her lab again as we...)

-FADE OUT-

If only.

Comment

Amanda
                      speaking of the amanda ones... my fave ones are with amanda and that baby. i'd love to see amanda with olivia, so i'm hoping one day that amanda will let us see a pic of her with her mum.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I wish I could green her too.
                        *snerk*
                        Thanks guys...

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I just wanted to thank you and all of the other Gateworlders I met at Shore Leave for such a wonderful weekend. As much as I loved seeing Amanda, Carmen and Corin, it was all of you that helped to make my weekend such a blast. Last night while I was unpacking my bags, my daughter walked into the room and shouted "Oh Momma, where did you get that blue Jell-o!!" I have no idea how she even saw the box, but it instantly reminded me of our late nights in the lobby freezing our bums off together.

Amanda

Carmen & Amanda

Carmen

Corin

Corin and Carmen

Those are awesome, Kat! Thanks for sharing all of that - must've taken you hours to upload!!!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            I am so glad BB did not play Pete. I love BB, and I may have wanted to like Pete. That would have been a real problem for a die hard S/J shipper like me. Even with the whole leadership issue, I like Cameron. I think he could be a great addition to the show if they would use all the other characters in equal proportion to him. BB is very attractive, and I personally like it when he bumbles things up. BB as Pete, no way!

Comment

Mini that scenario you wrote had me feeling the same way for Vala that I feel for McKay.
                              Good Work
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Mini that scenario you wrote had me feeling the same way for Vala that I feel for McKay.
                                Good Work
                                Hummm...that got me thinking. I used to HATE McKay. Now I like him. Do you think it's possible that someday I will like Vala too???

-I'd like to see the two of them stuck in a room together! THAT would be entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X