Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i only vote for amanda. i voted for rda a couple of times, but all the rest have been for amanda. let the others work for it.

btw, how long are we going to keep this up? maybe next month, we should let amanda go to around the 20s, and then start pulling her back up in the last week. what do you guys think?
    Well, I want to get her # 1 at least once.

In the future I suppose we could make sure she's in a good position...then give the final push up to the top ten.

I know there's no way we can keep her #1 every month, though it'd be nice. When school starts next month, I'll be gone a lot and won't be able to vote near as much.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Well, I want to get her # 1 at least once.

In the future I suppose we could make sure she's in a good position...then give the final push up to the top ten.

I know there's no way we can keep her #1 every month, though it'd be nice. When school starts next month, I'll be gone a lot and won't be able to vote near as much.
      I'd like to see her win at least once. Realistically, we can't keep her in first place every month but once would be nice.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Ok, here's a few more photos of Carmen and Amanda at today's Q&A.

More Shore Leave Photos

Sorry I can't post more, but I'm off to meet everyone for a farewell party.

I'll post more when I get home tomorrow.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
          Ah, the leadership issue. OK, the guy had to be the leader of Sg1-but with all due respect to the fans, the Samantha Carter character and AT, the least they could have done is to give a GOOD reason why this newbie is put in charge! They could have promoted him to full Colonel or somehow put the Sam character in a situation where she couldn't lead Sg1 due to conflicting something. It sounds like it will just be an arbitrary decision (he's male) and that's it. I don't think it would happen like that in the real military but TPTB couldn't care less. It really burns my bum! If they continue to disregard the original 3 team members like they did in Season 9, I won't have too much trouble giving up Stargate completely!
          Actually, sadly, it could happen in the RL military. If she were to be reassigned to another position, then assigned back to her previous one, it is definatly within the realm of posibility someone else would be in charge... Promotions and commands are very politically motivated...

But in the end, it still makes no sense.

I'm glad all you had fun this weekend, as usual Amanda sounds like a class act (and I hope we see more team moments that haven't been filmed yet)... And I am really enjoying reading your reports.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
            Actually, sadly, it could happen in the RL military. If she were to be reassigned to another position, then assigned back to her previous one, it is definatly within the realm of posibility someone else would be in charge... Promotions and commands are very politically motivated...

But in the end, it still makes no sense.

I'm glad all you had fun this weekend, as usual Amanda sounds like a class act (and I hope we see more team moments that haven't been filmed yet)... And I am really enjoying reading your reports.
            Given the nature of the work of the SGC and the risks they face, I would say that it is nothing short of sheer idiocy to have an inexperienced officer in command of an SG team unless it is completely unavoidable, which was not the case when Mitchell was first given command of SG-1, let alone now that Sam has returned.

Perhaps I ought to revise my opinion of General Landry.

Comment

Hey everyone-

I'm back from my New York trip. I had an awesome time. The friend who got me into Stargate and I tried to get our other friend into it by watching Space Race with her. She fell asleep. We're trying to come up with other ways to get her into it with us.

How did AT do in the voting thing last month? She was in the top ten when I left for the airport.

Did I miss anything important? It will take me DAYS to get through all the posts, though I doubt very much I will manage to really catch up. Can anyone link me to posts about Shore Leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Hey everyone-

I'm back from my New York trip. I had an awesome time. The friend who got me into Stargate and I tried to get our other friend into it by watching Space Race with her. She fell asleep. We're trying to come up with other ways to get her into it with us.

How did AT do in the voting thing last month? She was in the top ten when I left for the airport.

Did I miss anything important? It will take me DAYS to get through all the posts, though I doubt very much I will manage to really catch up. Can anyone link me to posts about Shore Leave?
                Hey! Glad you had a nice trip! AT made 8th place and this month she is currently in 1st!!! ForeverSg1 had a great post about 3 pages back. As for your friend...just force her to watch until she is coverted! Just kidding. Maybe WoO? That's a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Hey! Glad you had a nice trip! AT made 8th place and this month she is currently in 1st!!! ForeverSG-1 had a great post about 3 pages back. As for your friend...just force her to watch until she is coverted! Just kidding. Maybe WoO? That's a classic.
                  I just saw Kat's post, it sounds like they're having a wonderful time!

Eight place is great, and I just saw she's in first this month. WTG everyone who has been voting! I'm off to bed VERY soon-it was an exhausting week, but I'll vote when I can too.

And we had considered WoO-my friend had brought that season too. If we'd been able to keep her tied to the couch, we'd have watched that one too. We'll bring her around.

Comment

I have not had time to go back and read the thread but here is the quote from Robert Cooper in Dreamwatch

“I have no idea.” Cooper revealed, “Do I think it can go on forever? No. Obviously, the economics of producing a show mean that salaries go up with every season, and, logically, the show will one day reach a point where there’s no profit to be made. I think season 11 of SG – 1 is a very realistic possibility, assuming we do well in the ratings on Sci Fi this summer. One of the reasons season 11 is realistic is that the contracts are already in place with the cast. Charlie Cohen was smart enough to look foreword and realise the new energy the show had could carry it foreword for a few more years, so he did deals for seasons 10 and 11 at the same time. Should the show continue to be successful in season 10 and the network decides they want it, the deals are in place for season 11.”

http://scifipulse.net/othersfnews/Cooper.html
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      I have not had time to go back and read the thread but here is the quote from Robert Cooper in Dreamwatch

“I have no idea.” Cooper revealed, “Do I think it can go on forever? No. Obviously, the economics of producing a show mean that salaries go up with every season, and, logically, the show will one day reach a point where there’s no profit to be made. I think season 11 of SG – 1 is a very realistic possibility, assuming we do well in the ratings on Sci Fi this summer. One of the reasons season 11 is realistic is that the contracts are already in place with the cast. Charlie Cohen was smart enough to look foreword and realise the new energy the show had could carry it foreword for a few more years, so he did deals for seasons 10 and 11 at the same time. Should the show continue to be successful in season 10 and the network decides they want it, the deals are in place for season 11.”

Hey, if S10 doesn't make me ill, I'm all for a S11!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

I'm beting that s11 will set up the 3rd series if all goes well with s10 and BB and very likely CB will cross over to the new series, i'm hopeing that Amanda, Chris and Michael cross over into the movies so we still see them, much like what happened with Startrek.
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I remember a certain Samandan who was afraid of flying ... was that in an alternate universe! Kat, you are having a ball and it shows! And standing next to AT for the group shot because she waved you over and then a spontaneous hug from Carmen in the hallway ... your cup runneth over!

Great to hear from EVERYONE on their experiences! AT does that to people ... being in her presence is such fun that you want to share it with everybody!

I'm glad she at least said that she was disappointed too about the "L" situation. And I'm glad she teasingly threw that line out about "Cam doing such a good job" with the boos resounding from the audience! Again, nothing against the actor BB he's a victim too in this.

Thanks, guys, for letting us share in your weekend!
                          I'm with you all the way! The leadership issue needed to be addressed. I am glad Amanda answered the way she did. She has so much class. Chopingal, thank you for pointing out that BB is a victim in this. TPTB made it hard for us to really like him. Poor guy. I love that AT and CB are getting to play off of each other. We will get to see Amanda's comedy again. I hope it is handled in the right way, so Sam's character doesn't take another hit. However, if AT is satisfied then so am I. ForeverSG1, thank you for the report! We are eternally grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            I'd like to see her win at least once. Realistically, we can't keep her in first place every month but once would be nice.
                            I'm with you! We need to give her this month's win! Hey, this is July! S10 starts this week, Amanda should take the top spot. I have been focusing on RDA, but I am going to vote for Amanda now. We need to increase the lead! Let's set a record for the largest distance between 1 and 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                              I'm with you! We need to give her this month's win! Hey, this is July! S10 starts this week, Amanda should take the top spot. I have been focusing on RDA, but I am going to vote for Amanda now. We need to increase the lead! Let's set a record for the largest distance between 1 and 2!
                              I've been voting for Amanda pretty much exclusively. RDA is doing pretty well at the moment, and he will have the MacGyver fans to help him.

As you say, it would be great to see Amanda take the top spot for July.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                I'm beting that s11 will set up the 3rd series if all goes well with s10 and BB and very likely CB will cross over to the new series, i'm hopeing that Amanda, Chris and Michael cross over into the movies so we still see them, much like what happened with Startrek.
                                I could live with that scenario! I like Cameron and Vala so I'd watch the series, but I really want the movies to be the original team. Remember, as long as there is any Stargate series then we have a chance of AT guest appearances.

Comment

Working...
                                X