Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

sam thinking - 'please, god, just let us get through one more mission without vala molesting some ignorant goop or mitchell deciding to use his 'learning to command for dummies' book on us. remember, i said please... '
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Here ya go...

Caption This!
      Sam: Hi, God. Remember when I saved the galaxy? You said you owed me one - I'm calling in the favour. Could you sort out the whole Mitchell in command thing? Pretty please? I'd really appreciate it.

God: *offscreen, booming voice* Consider it done.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yep, i was rewritten

rda's girlfriend had Wylie, and rda, proud papa that he is, wanted to be there. so, at the last minute, jack was injured adn sam given command...which is why sam's a bit snarkier than ususal
        i know this story, but what i don't understand is why they didn't write the end part better. jack wasn't even involved in what was going on, and it was sam that had established a relationship with that indian guy... so suddenly at the end, the indian guy is 'connecting' with jack? hello!

but mistakes like that where few and far between then... unlike when things started getting hinky in season 7... and went downhill from then on.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          {the old sniparoo}
          -getting cold-cocked in Forsaken; having it written that her father called her Sam because he wanted a boy - Samantha is a beautiful name, and I hated having it besmirched with such a childish, school-yard couple of lines in the script!

{snippy}

- I was OK with Sam getting/having a boyfriend who didn't die (thought it was about time, actually), but I didn't like seeing it become so much of the show. Especially didn't like the 'morning after' scene where Pete threw his tantrum and Sam acted.. so un-Samlike (pleading with him, and then calling after him later). After his little tantrum in the bedroom, I thought she should have told him to take a hike!

- really didn't want to see Jacob die - and I really hated that they said that Sam basically went into the Air Force to please her father - what a way to trivialize her dreams and aspirations - ugh! ugh! ugh!

Season 9:
          {and more snippage}
          RE: forsaken. i didn't have a problem with this at all. in fact, i quite liked this bit. yes samantha is a lovely name, but a lot of people don't like their own name. and i really liked this scene because it showed that sam is not perfect. (she's an overachiever and thinks she has to be perfect.)

this small scene showed us that sam obviously has a lot of unresolved issues with her family and in particular her father. it gave us an insight into how she feels about her father, and what drove her to be the person she is today and in a way how she feels about herself. i liked it, because it humanised her and gave her a certain a new level of depth.

Chimera. hated it. i liked it for the first twenty minutes or so. then i thought it was ok for about another ten minutes or so, then i hated it. first of all, they gave too much time to sam's personal b story. second, it would have been fine if pete wasn't an idiot and a big selfish jerk. third, she should have dumped him. i know that sam had some issues and wanted a life and all of that, but she should be strong enough (especially after her previous relationship with jonas hansen) to recognise that pete was a selfish control freak and she should have dumped him at the end of the episode.
          my other issue is that it shouldn't have had so much screen time. even as an s/j shipper i wouldn't have wanted s/j to have that storyline. replace pete with jack and make him not be a selfish controlling jerk, and i still would have felt it was too much for one episode, but the fact that it was some randomer who just was created out of nothing and had nothing to do with the stargate universe, and i start to wonder what show i'm watching and why i'm watching it. i have many more thoughts on this, but i'm sure nobody wants my in depth analysis of everything that was wrong with what happened in this episode. (apart from the fact that she should have dumped him!)

threads.
          Spoiler:
          i didn't have a problem with the suggestion that sam joined the air force because of jacob. i know that it wasn't the only reason she joined the air force (although jacob might not have been aware of this) but i do think that it was an important factor in her decision. we all want our parents to be proud of us, and a lot of us especially those of us whose parents might be military, police or firefighters for example, seem to be more inclined to follow in our parents footsteps so to speak.

i do have a problem with the fact that we didn't see her grieve, we didn't see any real closure to jacobs death and its effect on not only sam, but on the rest of the team. yes she said she was ok, but she still would have had some kind of grieving/mourning going on there.

my only real problem with threads was that there wasn't enough time devoted to the aftermath of jacobs death (which might be because they had already done something like it with heroes and were too lazy to do another scene or two like it) and that the jaffa storyline didn't get enough screen time. it should have been more balanced, should have been a two parter. yes they had as much of the personal stuff as was needed, but they should have had more of the jaffa stuff to balance it out. IMO.

gemini.
          Spoiler:
          again, i didn't have a problem with it really. i think sam would trust her doppleganger because she wants to believe the best of everybody. she found that she could trust fifth before she "betrayed" him, this replicator had her memories and as far as she knew or wanted to believe it also had her personality. sam wants to believe the best of everybody, she naturally trusts people and she was faced with, what was essentially, herself. if you can trust anyone, it should be yourself. she couldn't believe that someone with her memories and personality could be so evil. and fifth was trustworthy before the events of unnatural selection, so not all replicators are inherently evil as far as she is concerned. i have more thoughts on this too. i just can't think of them right now. (except for, this episode again adds more depth and humanity to sam's character.)

season 9:

yes. i had a problem with a lot of it. here's a short list;
          Spoiler:

the was they wrote her out of the first few episodes

the way they wrote her back into the show

the fact that they made her "co-leader" of sg1 rather than leader

the fact that less experienced people ignored her (and others) valuable and experienced advise in various situations

the fact that she had stupid throw away scenes with martouf in ripple effect rather than useful scenes with both him and janet in order to obtain closure on their deaths.

the fact that she was under-used (along with teal'c) in favour of meaningless and sometimes frustrating scenes with other characters

the occasional outright disrespect shown to her character at various points throughout the season.

theres more. i'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            LOL! Hey!

In all probability, when I meet the lady, I'll probably clam right up and have no idea what to say; just stand there stuttering incoherantly. D'oh.

when i met her, i went all babbly.

and i completely ignored poor don s davis! thank heavens my mom was there to occupy him while i fangirled at amanda.

i'm just remembering this moment... after i'd gotten amanda's autograph, i stayed around there and watched everyone else get theirs. but i was right up front (and amanda could see me)! but when the autogs were over, and amanda was getting up to leave... she looked right at me and thanked me by name!!

i always wanted to let amanda know what that moment meant to me. so, if you're reading amanda... thank you for making me feel special.

*how can someone NOT love that woman?!?*

sighs

k, done with my amandafangirling moment.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam: ...bless Cassie and Mark and his family. Oh and if you're not too busy, could you say hello to Janet and my mom and dad. Let them know that I love and miss them all very much. And please keep an extra eye on George and Jack. I know they are both very capable men, but I really do worry about them now that they don't have SG-1 watching their backs. Oh and one last thing...please please please give Daniel, Teal'c and I the strength to deal with Mitchell and Vala's shenanigans. We really are doing our best, but we may need a little extra help if you know what I mean. Amen.

Comment

Here ya go...

Caption This!

hi god its me, listen i know i pissed you off when i blew up the star that time, but making me lose my command to such a reckless underqualified guy like that is a little harsh don'tcha think? i mean, superman used a star to reverse time and change history once, but all you did to him was trap him in an ice palace for a few years!

Comment

Sweet news. Just got my AVALON registration confirmation email and sent it back, now all that's left is to PAY (once they tell me how!) Yay - London marathon in November, it is!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I can't believe I left out Chimera. That episode was... Come on, Sam! The guy stalked you! That's just freaky. I hate to think she was THAT desperate. She should have dumped him! Not only did he put his own life in danger, Pete risked ruining the entire stakeout and getting more people hurt. As a cop, he should have known better. And Sam...maybe she still hadn't fully recovered from the Prometheus incident. Her judgment must have been clouded.

Comment

Sweet news. Just got my AVALON registration confirmation email and sent it back, now all that's left is to PAY (once they tell me how!) Yay - London marathon in November, it is!

-
                      Woohoo, minigeek! Are you gonna hug AT?

Comment

-
                        Oh, Mini! Congrats!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Woohoo, minigeek! Are you gonna hug AT?
                          Well, if it's OK with AT, and it's not too awkward, and I'm allowed to - that would be most awesome, yes!

I'm so excited! (Even more about AT2 than Avalon (I'm sorry, I just am!), but all in all, I'm REALLY excited just to visit the UK and everything. It'll be my first time ever!)

geeek (I'm really not such a fangirling stalker, once you get to know me...)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Oh, Mini! Congrats!
                            Thanks Tracy! I've never been so happy to charge $500 to my credit card, LOL (d'oh!)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              she looked right at me and thanked me by name!!

sally

Sally!!!!!!!!! That's so amazing!!!!!!! AT is amazing...to remember your name out of all the people she met. Lucky you!

Comment

-
                                Woo! Me too! Sweet! What sessions are your tickets? You can PM me or post on the Avalon thread if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                                X