Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Ok we have all told what we have in comen with her but now what do we want to have that she has??

Uh... how about her entire life??? lol. seriously, almost anything... looks... job... wonderful caring husband... house, baby... I'd like the equiviialent of any of those! Well, not hubby or baby for a while, but yeah! I would loooove to be able to be such a grounded wonderful caring person... *sigh*
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      you are so right, min.

oh, i just read through this post... how sickenly sweet and fangirly.

sally

Lol, is it bad that the wallpaper picture on my Cell Phone has never once changed from some kind of pic of Amanda???

Sickiningly sweet and fangirly is wonderfully ok, as already said. Amanda is a VERY rare person in her wonderful effect on people, so I think it's good that there are people like us to recognize it, love it and encourage it in ourselves and others!!!!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Uh... how about her entire life??? lol. seriously, almost anything... looks... job... wonderful caring husband... house, baby... I'd like the equiviialent of any of those! Well, not hubby or baby for a while, but yeah! I would loooove to be able to be such a grounded wonderful caring person... *sigh*
        MSam, I've seen your photograph. You're gorgeous. Shaddap. And as to the rest of that stuff, it will come naturally with time. When you're ready for it.

Amanda has a lot of positive, wonderful things in her life. But she's also been through some tough stuff I'd never personally want to go through. And it's impossible to know much beyond the public facade we're given to see in terms of the stuff that isn't so glowingly beautiful about her life. So yeah, she's definitely gifted. Definitely warm, caring and wonderful. But I dunno, I think whole-life-swapping thing might still not be as much 'fun' as it might seem to be on the outset.

mg (Well, maybe just for a day or two ... )

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          MSam, I've seen your photograph. You're gorgeous. Shaddap. And as to the rest of that stuff, it will come naturally with time. When you're ready for it.

Amanda has a lot of positive, wonderful things in her life. But she's also been through some tough stuff I'd never personally want to go through. And it's impossible to know much beyond the public facade we're given to see in terms of the stuff that isn't so glowingly beautiful about her life. So yeah, she's definitely gifted. Definitely warm, caring and wonderful. But I dunno, I think whole-life-swapping thing might still not be as much 'fun' as it might seem to be on the outset.

mg

-
          yeah but that is life, I mean everyone has some bad thing they have to go true... it is the way how you handle things that make you you. and it is also they way you become. I mean people who go through a lot are most of the time the people who are the friendlyest and the most caring and gentle persons
          If you haven't been through a lot you don't know a much.
          And well everyone has a facade... and that is normal it is a mechanism for protection. I mean if you let everyone know everything what you have been through and what you feel you are going to be used. And nobody wants that.

Sorry if it is too offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            I want to kiss RDA! What? She said he was a great kisser!
            Hey, that was exactly my first thought! I guess we're starting a queue?
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Has anyone else noticed that while she's wearing the green BDU's, in photographs, Amanda's eyes seem to match the BDU outfit almost *exactly*, even though her eyes are blue? I think she does have green in them, too.
              My eyes do that. I would say they're green. But when I wear blue-they seem quite blue. And sometimes, they seem gray. Most often though, it's green.

Which is good.

CAuse green is my favorite color.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                yeah but that is life, I mean everyone has some bad thing they have to go true... it is the way how you handle things that make you you. and it is also they way you become. I mean people who go through a lot are most of the time the people who are the friendlyest and the most caring and gentle persons
                If you haven't been through a lot you don't know a much.
                And well everyone has a facade... and that is normal it is a mechanism for protection. I mean if you let everyone know everything what you have been through and what you feel you are going to be used. And nobody wants that.
                Pretty sure you missed my point. But I agree with you anyway, about everything you said, tangentially.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Page 2 how can that be? Where are all of our verbose posters? (You know who you are ) Oh yeah, probably raging or whinging Or perhaps trying to join the Duck Dodgers
                  Me? I was out having a SPA DAY. Whoo hooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                    My eyes do that. I would say they're green. But when I wear blue-they seem quite blue. And sometimes, they seem gray. Most often though, it's green.

Which is good.

CAuse green is my favorite color.

For my entire life I've wished my eyes would turn green... but alas... *sigh* I'm still workin' on it though!

One thing I love about Amanda's eyes is that they DO change colour... I also see green with the green BDU's and I've seen maaaaaaany different shades of blue. All equally as gorgeous as the last in their own way!!!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      you are so right, min.

i was immediately drawn to the sam carter character, and 99 percent of that was because of amanda tapping. so the first time i saw her interviewed, and saw that she was not only funny and enchanting, but a truly *nice* person... i fell in love. (platonically speaking )

i've found over time that the female characters that have always been my faves have been ones with moxie. most of those characters, though, have a quality about them that i don't really share (not concerning themselves with what others think and doing what they want: major kira-deep space nine, major houlihan-mash, xena-xena warrior princess, etc). but with sam carter, she *does* care and that wonderful vulnerability makes me feel even closer to this character than any of the others. and amanda did that; she gave her that shade.

a few years ago, i really got into this one show and this one particular female character. i had the opportunity to meet her at a con... and i ended up being a bit disappointed. (please don't ask me who this was. out of respect for her and her fans, i'd rather not say) it was a two day con, and on the second day, she got a bit snotty with a fan (while on stage). someone mispronounced one of her co-stars names and she got snippy about it. it wasn't a horrible scene or anything, but i remembered it and it 'did' color the way i felt about her afterwards. i still like her and her character, but that like never went into the complete adoration that i have for amanda. BUT if amanda was suddenly found out now to be some witch or did something wrong... i'd still love her. once i love someone, it's loyalty forever. as long as she's not found out to be some child molester, she's good.

i know amanda's not some perfect creature, but it's her genuine and sincere niceness that's bonded me to this sweet person for life.

oh, i just read through this post... how sickenly sweet and fangirly.

sally
                      Hey gushing is what we do here. But I think you're right that she truly is a sincere person. I find it amazing after what I've heard about conventions how often stars *don't* get snippy or impatient at times. As you say, she can't be "perfect," she's only human after all--but by all accounts a pretty nice and pretty cool human--the kind we need more of in this world. From everything I've heard, I think AT appreciates viewers who support her work. And I think she appreciates that a lot of her fans are (dare I say) intelligent women and not just boys drooling over her. (No offense to the droolers in the crowd. )
                      Am I right in remembering that at least 1/2 the GABIT attendees were women? (unfortunately not an attendee myself, just an avid report reader. )

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        I want to kiss RDA! What? She said he was a great kisser!
                        And if I recall correctly, she said he gives great hugs. That would be nice too. (jckfan drifts off into RDA dream world. )

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                          Which has me thinking....how much do you have in common with Amanda Tapping?
                          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          We're both insanely good looking
                          LOL! And here we all just thought you were moderately cute! Oh, the inequity of it all!!!

Comment

i was just think of what i liked about sam carter and i realised that it was that fact that no matter what she says when she is doing techno-babble her voice sounds like a sweet lullaby. and her eyes make me melt too.
                            Insert Witty Remark Here

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              And if I recall correctly, she said he gives great hugs. That would be nice too. (jckfan drifts off into RDA dream world. )
                              You and me both jckfan55.

Comment

I found this interview with Amanda and found it very informative, did you know that one of the tech props they use is a nose hair clipper , I just wonder whose it is

Any way here's the link, its a UK show so they only talk about S8, and only little bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-wt...anda%20tapping
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X