Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    welcome back astro!!!
    Thanks Sky! I've loved a lot of your posts regarding how TPTB have handled the leadership issue.

--------

And my vote for Sam's call sign would be something cool that she earned... something that shows the respect that other pilots hold her in. Tinkerbelle would be OK for when she was at the Academy and in pilot training, and I like the short version 'Tink' (and I think the shortened version works better as a call sign, because it's intriguing and leads one to ask where it came from... could be for 'Tinker' because she's always working with tech-stuff, but it would also lead to the embarrassing explanation and related stories of earlier days fighting Tinkerbelle...and the shorter version fits on a helmet much better) but I'd like to think that later, she earned something a bit cooler and a bit less derogatory... something like 'Starbuck' (yeah, I know it's already taken). I also always liked Wizard, which was the callsign that Starbuck92 gave Sam in her fanfic '1991' (which can be found at the Stargate Novel Archive).

How about 'Ticket' (for what she gets for going fast all the time)... and it could tie back to Jack's jibe in the elevator (which would be cool because it would imply that he knew her call sign already).

Or how about 'Soup' (for all of the engines that she soups up to make them go faster).

Hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Hello to all Carterfans! I finally got a chance to do a little more than just read a few posts...

I have been extremely impressed with the photographics posted by the members of the SaGC thread. Over the past year, many of these wonderful images have been disappeared in the multitude of wonderful pages and threads on the forum. I am proud to have participated in the SaGC thread and am very proud of how long and how strong the thread has persisted - I decided to try and see if I could collect some of the great photographics in one place. I do not claim credit for any of this wonderful photographic work, but instead, I tip my hat in gratitude to those who have posted these images for myself and others to enjoy.

A Collection of Cool Carter-photographics created and posted by Samandans
      Wow its nice seeing all those put together, thanks job well done astro
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

dorothy could work i guess. If she was stationed somewhere in the midwest
        hey there ya go Denise, Your right in tornado alley so you should change your moniker to SKYDOROTHY! or SKyDOT. DOH!
        Last edited by SG1Poz; 09 April 2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

ok, i've missed a ton here. just a couple of really crappy suggestions for what sam's call sign may have been;
          icefire (based on the icy/fiery attitude we saw in CoTG), speed racer (she apparently is a demon on wheels), hawk (as in hawking), sunshine (perky personality and blonde).

i suck at these.

my fave of the short list so far is Einstein though. makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            hey there ya ho Denise, Your right in tornado alley so you should change your moniker to SKYDOROTHY! or SKyDOT. DOH!
            Hey I'd vote for SkyDot...oh but that's not what we're voting on, nevermind
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              ok, i've missed a ton here. just a couple of really crappy suggestions for what sam's call sign may have been;
              icefire (based on the icy/fiery attitude we saw in CoTG), speed racer (she apparently is a demon on wheels), hawk (as in hawking), sunshine (perky personality and blonde).
              I could see Sam getting nicknamed Sunshine.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Hey I'd vote for SkyDot...oh but that's not what we're voting on, nevermind
                lolol

skydot????
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

lolol

skydot????
                  Yea! SkyDot, especially if your middle name begins with an o and your last a T

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Mornin all.. evening, afternoon.. whatever

I just wanted to hark back to Sky's question from a few (dozen?) pages ago on the whole what woudl you change about an ep thing. I've been thinking about that and remembered a fic I have half.. ok sorta close to half done.

I never understood how not joining the SG program gave us a ridiculously dork Sam... I mean.. seriously.. I'm pretty sure she didn't inheret the love of bikes, lock picking and other nefariously kick ass and cool habits simply by joining the Air Force... lol.. although I loved what Amanda did with Geek!Carter I never bought into her ending up like that.. if you know what I mean.

So if given the chance I would take Moebius and have Sam as someone who had never joined the military and never went to college instead. In my fic the setup is that Jacob died not long after her mother, so Sam's hatred of the military and subsequent flounderings through the foster care system left her quite delinquent. Although a mathmatic and scientific genius still, she dropped outta college, hooked up with a biker gang and is secretly the world's most wanted cyber criminal. Stealing funds, redirecting government resources to aid those in need.. that kinda thing.

When we pick her up she's over her biker gang days and owns a small mechanic workshop in the desert somewhere... Jack & Major Davis come to fetch her because of the tape and they find a woman who is street smart, intellectually smart but unrefined, tough as nails, emotionally wounded and guarded and gives Jack the snark as good if not better than he dishes out..... just to quote from the fic...

"She's a livewire General" Jack said with a smirk from behind her. Turning, her eyes narrowed in irritation.
                    "And you Colonel, are an a**hole."

You know I really need to finish that damn fic... I just fell in love with my Rebel!Sam concept all over again.. lol.. scuse me for a bit

Just found this page so I hope no one minds I'm replying to a post almost two weeks later. I've always though of the Moebius timeline as not having nuclear weapons. With no possible gate any Gou'ald stuck on Earth would find the concept of nuclear ahnihilation terrifying. So I think someone inflitrated the Manhatten project and sabotaged it. With that threat gone the Cold War turned hot several times. Jacob Carter was killed in action, and due to the fact she didn't want to tramatize her mother Sam never enlisted and stopped taking a lot of risks. It's entirely possible she still liked bikes and all it's just her brains and possibly an overprotective mother rather than a fairly absentee father left her unsure when dealing with people.

Comment

Hello to all Carterfans! I finally got a chance to do a little more than just read a few posts...

I have been extremely impressed with the photographics posted by the members of the SaGC thread. Over the past year, many of these wonderful images have been disappeared in the multitude of wonderful pages and threads on the forum. I am proud to have participated in the SaGC thread and am very proud of how long and how strong the thread has persisted - I decided to try and see if I could collect some of the great photographics in one place. I do not claim credit for any of this wonderful photographic work, but instead, I tip my hat in gratitude to those who have posted these images for myself and others to enjoy.

Wow, thanks for that. Some of those are pics I haven't seen-so it was great. It was wonderful seeing so many great Sam pics all in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                        Just found this page so I hope no one minds I'm replying to a post almost two weeks later. I've always though of the Moebius timeline as not having nuclear weapons. With no possible gate any Gou'ald stuck on Earth would find the concept of nuclear ahnihilation terrifying. So I think someone inflitrated the Manhatten project and sabotaged it. With that threat gone the Cold War turned hot several times. Jacob Carter was killed in action, and due to the fact she didn't want to tramatize her mother Sam never enlisted and stopped taking a lot of risks. It's entirely possible she still liked bikes and all it's just her brains and possibly an overprotective mother rather than a fairly absentee father left her unsure when dealing with people.
                        That's an intriguing idea.

I never understood how the Moebius-verse Sam wound up a geek, especially when Daniel, Jack and Teal'c's alternate futures made sense - with hindsight, I can understand that if Amanda was expecting, they might have wanted to limit her action scenes as much as possible.

I wonder how much of our Sam's decision to join the Air Force was based on a desire to please Jacob and to become closer to him. She was pretty young when her mother died and I could see her desperately craving her father's approval. It would be interesting to know whether Sam was the one who first brought up the idea of her joining the Air Force or if Jacob suggested it.

Even if both parents were alive, Sam mightn't have felt as motivated to join the Air Force and, if Jacob had died when she was little, an overprotective mother could certainly lead to her not joining the Air Force, as well as leaving her rather insecure when it came to interpersonal relationships if her mother had been clingy or had sheltered her.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i definitely see a LOT of sam's reasons for joining the AF to be because of jacob. She is eager to please, which is one reason we see her as so work a holic. she has this need to please and she does it through her work.

my interpretation of GeekSam is that she lost both parents, had no one to urge her to suceed or to encourage her, so she never developed the ability to stand up for herself. She never developed the backbone that our sam has to stand up, say what is right or wrong and take care of herself

sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder guys....nominations close at the end of the month

[Permission to forward]

Attention Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis fans:

It's time once again to bring recognition to the best stories and
                            storytellers, the best artists, and the best vidders in the fandom.
                            Nominations for the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards are now open. They will be open
                            from March 9, 2006 and remain open until April 30, 2006. This includes
                            both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

We've made a few changes to the site, the nomination process, and other
                            things. Check us out to see what we've done. You'll be surprised.

Start nominating today! Please find the nomination form link on our
                            home page here:
                            http://www.stargatefanawards.com/

Don't forget to bookmark us!

Please read our rules and check out our FAQs. They should tell you
                            everything you need to know about our new nomination process.

Rules: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/rul...minating.shtml
                            FAQs: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/help/030_FAQs.shtml

You can keep up-to-date with the awards progress in several ways:
                            • Visit our website frequently

• Signup for our newsletter to receive announcements directly to
                            your inbox
                            http://www.stargatefanawards.com/mai...subscribe&id=1

• Read our new Live Journal entries or add us to your “friends”
                            list:
                            http://sgfanawardsinfo.livejournal.com/

Attention MAC users:
                            Our website is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox. Safari and Internet
                            Explorer may render poorly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                            Obtain your free copy today!
                            http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affi...id=165648&t=70

If we didn't answer all of your questions in the Rules or FAQs, please
                            don't hesitate to contact the team at [email protected].
                            If you experience any technical issues with the website or the
                            nomination form, please contact our webmaster directly at
                            [email protected].

Start nominating the “best of the best” now!

Yours,
                            The 2006 Stargate Fan Awards Team

“Recognizing, celebrating, and enjoying the creativity of the Stargate
                            fandom!”

sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, yes, I think that Daddy Carter had a big role in Sam's choice with the Air Force. She works to please those around her, and disappointing those that mean the most to her clearly hurts a great deal. When she told him way back in the beginning that she didn't want to take the job he got her at NASA, it was hard for her even to tell him that she didn't want to take that offer. Though she knew she enjoyed what she was doing and that he would as well if she could tell him about it, having him show that disappointment ripped her apart.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamSick.jpg

Keeper of the Flame, back on the thread ... now there's a sight for sore eyes.
                                Another great job, Keeper! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X