Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Do you mean, like me take over (become Strix in Sam's body)? Or share her for a day (hop along for the ride)? Or me, become her, brains and all?
    I would think it would be like Urgo, and you know how much fun he had
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Do you mean, like me take over (become Strix in Sam's body)? Or share her for a day (hop along for the ride)? Or me, become her, brains and all?
      I mean, take over, so you don't get her brains. you just get to BE IN her for the day - mind OUT of the gutter dammit! lol (No one would know - well they MIGHT know if you snogged someone odd, like ... Felger, or Landry, or y'know, yourself in public ... or something lol)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I think you've hit the nail on the head. To me, the show has long outgrown the need for a "lead" character; the characters they had were strong enough to stand on equal footing and while they would have benefitted from the addition of another well-established, well-written character of equal standing with Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, trying to remake the show around a new lead has done far more harm than good.
        Green!

Suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          I mean, take over, so you don't get her brains. you just get to BE IN her for the day - mind OUT of the gutter dammit! lol (No one would know - well they MIGHT know if you snogged someone odd, like ... Felger, or Landry, or y'know, yourself in public ... or something lol)
          Damn. If I don't get the brains.... No chance of fixing my wireless then. Actually, I'd much rather be Pete Shannahan for the day. It's the same principal. I mean, I'd still end up in Sam Carter's body at the end of the day.

Sky! Ow!! That hurts!!!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            I'd much rather be Pete Shannahan for the day. It's the same principal. I mean, I'd still end up in Sam Carter's body at the end of the day.
            Not anymore you wouldn't! You'd probably want someone *currently* snoggin' Carter, as opposed to someone who used to be.

Comment

Not anymore you wouldn't! You'd probably want someone *currently* snoggin' Carter, as opposed to someone who used to be.
              In that case, I guess it's gonna have to be Jack O'Neill, then
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I would:

* Have a (shall we say) memorable couple hours with JACCCK...

* Have Walter dial up a nice, tropical planet and visit for an hour or three

* Go back to my (her) house and go through EVERY SINGLE DRAWER (cuz you KNOW there's something interesting SOMEWHERE in there)

* Take the INDIAN out for a spin.

* Buy a PUPPY (just for the hell of it, because it'd be hilarious once I was gone again and she had no idea where the damn dog came from!)

* Ask Jack to marry me (assuming she wasn't already married to 'im at the time)

* Call up Rodney McKay and have phone sex with him (just cuz it'd be FRICKIN HILARIOUS!)

And hmm... still thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i think they're writing stargatefastfood right now. the writing's been slipping for years because how can anyone write great if you're splitting your time between two *shows*?

sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c used to be written with depth and care. now all the characters are being written as caricatures (to sorts).

maybe season 10 will see that all worked out. maybe not. i'm just glad sam/amanda's still on!

here's a question for everyone: if the writing for sam gets *so* bad that's it's painful to watch, will you continue watching?

i can't answer this yet.

sally
                  No. I'll try, but I don't want my dislike of current stuff to color the older stuff. And for me it will.

As I said on another thread osmosis of nitpicky snark can be a problem.

Suse
                  Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Soooo... at the risk of descending into total GUTTERLAND this morning...

If YOU could inhabit SAMANTHA CARTER'S MIND & BODY for ONE DAY, that's 24 FULL HOURS, what would YOU DO? What WOULD you do? Mind you, this is a PG message board, people!!!!

mini(the severely twisted)geek
                    Well, I'd finally get to see what it was like to be admired by the entire human race...er...the entire galaxy and every race in it. I'd definitely spend some quality time with Jack.

Comment

OMG. Much though I would love to go to the SGC and look around... or better yet, go through the gate... I would be a bit terrified of accidentally destroying the world or getting someone killed through my incompetence.

"Carter, what the hell do you mean you can't fix the gate?"

"Uh... sorry sir! I'm feeling a bit slow today!"

I might actually fess up. It would be kind of fun to get interrogated by Daniel. Or Teal'c. (I wonder if they'd let me hug them?)

My LJ

Comment

If YOU could inhabit SAMANTHA CARTER'S MIND & BODY for ONE DAY, that's 24 FULL HOURS, what would YOU DO? What WOULD you do? Mind you, this is a PG message board, people!!!!

PG eh? Well then I really can't answer this question. But I would be doing it with Jack.

In my spare time I'd get some practice flights in on the X302s.

And I would certainly want some of that 24 hours to be spent going through the 'gate. A nice, 'simple' meet and greet would do me.

Edited because if I don't have Sam's brains, I'll have to have Jack be in the first seat of the X302, and I'll be riding shotgun.

And Strix gave me an idea: I would SO have to hug Teal'c.

Comment

Don't even have to think about that one. I'd go "fishing" with Jack.
                          sigpic

Comment

Um do all my papers in one day so I wouldn't have to worry
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

OMG. Much though I would love to go to the SGC and look around... or better yet, go through the gate... I would be a bit terrified of accidentally destroying the world or getting someone killed through my incompetence.

"Carter, what the hell do you mean you can't fix the gate?"

"Uh... sorry sir! I'm feeling a bit slow today!"

I might actually fess up. It would be kind of fun to get interrogated by Daniel. Or Teal'c. (I wonder if they'd let me hug them?)
                              Ha! Wow... That's hilarious. For some strange reason, the woman wouldn't be able to find her lab, Daniel's lab, the briefing room, the control room, Teal'c's quarters or any of the elevators that led to the surface. Heh heh. The thought of Strix-n-Carter makes me giggle.

Maybe it'd be more fun if you were sharing the same space like Cadman and McKay?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                THIS right here is why I'm not worried about Sam.

I give Amanda all kinds of leeway for her performance when she first got back because there's only so much you can do on 2 1/2 minutes of sleep a night for 7 months straight. But as time went on, Amanda re-found her Sam zone.

She is such a superbly developed character that Amanda can take moments...even small ones that might have fallen flat or appeared insignificant in lesser hands and make it magical...and while the directing is important, and the writing plays a part (dialog is obviously important), take a look at a script some time and see how much room there is there for the actor to make a moment her own or add her special stamp of understanding of that character's dynamics.
                                Don S Davis said that somewhere. It's quoted in in Approaching the Possible. Something about [taking something bland] and making it shine like a diamond.

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X