Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    Anyone here going to the Friday-night cocktail party at GABIT2?
    I wanted to but no ticket, so I'm hanging in the lobby. And the party in the lobby is getting as big as the cocktail party!
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Great photo! LOL. Remember ... Amanda has been telling her "guy drops a steering wheel down his pants" joke for quite a while now - the most recent onstage at the Fashion Designer show with RDA. So I think she wouldn't be shocked from all this raunchy humor.

Yet, a part of me would rather move on to some other topics of interest.

Me me me me me!!!

I'm leaving for london in twenty days! *faints*

Now where did I put that bottle of Te-kill-ya.

Comment

There was actually quite a lot of tequila (and the resulting vomit) in the Weir/Torri thread earlier today, so I would check there.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          It would be nice to think that she lurks as a "guest" in Samanda periodically, though and can see how much we appreciate her. I think even when some of us question things the character has done, we know it's the writers, not AT that's responsible. AT can do wonders with what she's given to work with.
          Isn't that the truth! She can do more with facial expressions than most people can with 10 pages of dialogue. And, yes, the things I haven't liked through the years have been the writers' fault. (Season 9 leadership issue and Pete always come to mind here.)

On the Pete issue, I actually love DDL now. I hated him as Pete, but I really think we were supposed to hate him (just a theory my shipper mind created, feel free to ignore). My daughter and I were watching a rerun of Home Improvement with him as the guest star, and she asked if we were allowed to laugh at him since he used to be Pete. Bless her heart! I had to explain to her that DDL was an actor who played Pete, and DDL himself never stalked Amanda. It was just his character. She felt better and enjoyed the episode. Even my eight year old is protective of Amanda. She really adores her and I'm glad. So many of the stars who little girls love are not really worth imitating, but I'm fine with my little girl imitating Amanda.

Comment

I must say Samandans are so inspiring, you made go and write a fic

You have all contributed to the inspiration of this story so I thank you

Now this is the first time I have posted a story a story on my LJ, so bear with me if it doesn't look the best

Doohickies and Doo Dads

Oh yea, I rated it R, just in case
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mandy, that was just great! Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Now this is the first time I have posted a story a story on my LJ, so bear with me if it doesn't look the best

Doohickies and Doo Dads

Oh man. That was too funny. I was getting concerned there for a moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                  Isn't that the truth! She can do more with facial expressions than most people can with 10 pages of dialogue. And, yes, the things I haven't liked through the years have been the writers' fault. (Season 9 leadership issue and Pete always come to mind here.)

On the Pete issue, I actually love DDL now. I hated him as Pete, but I really think we were supposed to hate him (just a theory my shipper mind created, feel free to ignore). My daughter and I were watching a rerun of Home Improvement with him as the guest star, and she asked if we were allowed to laugh at him since he used to be Pete. Bless her heart! I had to explain to her that DDL was an actor who played Pete, and DDL himself never stalked Amanda. It was just his character. She felt better and enjoyed the episode. Even my eight year old is protective of Amanda. She really adores her and I'm glad. So many of the stars who little girls love are not really worth imitating, but I'm fine with my little girl imitating Amanda.
                  ah..that''s so cute..that your daughter is protective over her.
                  And yeah, her facial expresion is wonderful, she is really good in it...but she is just a great actrice!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yet, a part of me would rather move on to some other topics of interest.
                    Perhaps someone could start compiling a list of good questions for those of going to AT2 to printout? It's not too far away and many of us'll be leaving here before that weekend. (LOL! ForeverSg1's post made me count... got her beat by a few days... Will be leaving in 15 days! and again!) But anyhoo... while we still have access to printers, might be good to get a nice list going.
                    *raises hand* Just got the opportunity to purchase a ticket to the party last weekend after someone had to cancel. I'm truly sorry someone wasn't able to make it, because I know from when they had to have bought the tickets last year, they'd been anticipating and looking forward to it for a long time. (But I am getting excited now! )
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      Not me! I'd be as geekish and obtuse as always. I simply cannot help myself. D'oh.
                      Yep...same here...I mean..I would be me...just plain old me...not geekish or obtuse...that's mini's job...I'd just be...me !!
                      I get the feeling that most of the Samandans, if not all, would not be different...coz I like to think that we're honest, genuine, sincere and not intimidated by AT's persona...I like to think that we could handle it in a most appropriate manner...please tell me I'm right!!
                      I do agree with Sky that AT would be better off remaining annonymous...not because we Samandans wouldn't know how to conduct ourselves correctly, but rather because a squillion other people from every orifice would bombard the thread...and I can't see that being a good thing!
                      Anyhoo...How is everyone today?
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Doohickies and Doo Dads

oops, i left a note, but lj signed me out so it's anonymous. but cute fic mandy. very cute
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

boy by the looks of that list, it's going to be some party, whether or not you get to go to the cocktail party
                          Psst, rumour has it to check out Coley's hotel room - there may be some stashed homemade sloe gin - she had to make a fresh batch as Jester drank most of the original at last year's GABIT.

What a great bunch of fans - you guys will have a ball hanging out together! Just refrain from playing with the doohickeys on display in the PR room.

If you can, bring some Scrabble games along and Coley and 1speed can host a Stargate Scrabble marathon.

Comment

Doohickies and Doo Dads

ROFLMAO....quite literally...what an absolute hoot...well done Mandy...that was brilliant!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Doohickies and Doo Dads

That was fantastic! *G* Great job - I needed a laugh this morning, so thanks! Hee.... I'm still snickering.

Comment

Holy hannah...look at the time...it's almost time for Stargate to start...gotta choof people...hope you all have a wonderful weekend...I'm off for a few days with the girls...looking forward to coming back on Monday and catching up on all the talk of doohickeys, doo dads, doo doo's and dada's...etc....take care everyone, be safe, have fun and be happy!!
                                Thanks for the fun this week...had me LMAO!!!

(((Samandans)))

(((Amanda)))

Night all....
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X