Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yeah, but we get to post them at the end of the month or so.

i'll need to drag out rev 3 and see what story i have in it. i can't remember
    Dude. Are these mags any good, because the subscription price for one is pretty steep, isn't it?

Comment

Hey guys, if you're going to be talking about brilliant fic.. please be talking with links

And AD... hell yeah on that action... your fic is getting there, should have it finished on the flight back from Hong Kong on Wed

Originally posted by minigeek
      Her latest w-i-p is amazing. Just super. But she's only just begun it - has a couple chapters written - and she hasn't updated in months. So I was a bit bummed about that. I hope she does finish it. The story idea alone is brilliant, if you ask me. That's why I try not to start WIPs, especially from fantastic authors. I can't take the stress of waiting! lol

Sel - I love your stuff too. I should have mentioned that earlier. I've read all of your stories on ff.net and every one of them is amazing. Same caliber as bearcub.

geek
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Dude. Are these mags any good, because the subscription price for one is pretty steep, isn't it?
        It's not exactly a subscription. Zines are one-offs, although some may run in series (eg. Revelations I, II, III, and IV). Basically, you get a lot of good, solid fiction based around characters or pairings that you generally like, and which the fandom doesn't see for another year after the initial zine is released.

So, yeah, about $25 USD for an individual zine (as compared to free on the net), but guaranteed stories by writers whose work is solid stuff.

Whether it's any good is a matter of luck and personal predisposition: there are zines out there that I wouldn't pay $10 for.

However, Revelations is gen-and-ship, with a major focus on Sam/Jack ship (and a minor focus on Daniel/Janet) and written by a lot of writers who really like Sam. Rev I and II are Stargate SG-1 only, but Rev III featured a couple of Atlantis stories.

Taking Flight is the new all-Atlantis zine, gen-and-ship with a variety of stories, characters, and pairing directions. I've read at least two of the stories in Taking Flight and know that they're good; and am assured of the excellence of all the writers in there.

Whether it's worth the money is your own decision.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Hey guys, if you're going to be talking about brilliant fic.. please be talking with links

And AD... hell yeah on that action... your fic is getting there, should have it finished on the flight back from Hong Kong on Wed
          Whoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Stolen from the Sam and Vala thread, a cap from a s10 preview

Spoiler:

ooh, looks cool!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Well, not even EVERYTHING. Just a good representation of what the show should give her. So she doesn't look like the least-decorated hero in the entire program.

geek

The link that Jckfan55 (I think) posted a few days ago had replicas of the ribbons/medals for sale, as I recall.

The link, however, I do not recall.

I would be HAPPY to chip in on this.

Comment

Don't forget to vote for Sam. All healing (and hurting) now counts for three points.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28328

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Not quite on the subject of medals and fics, but I was thinking about all the comments from several days ago that discussed the friendship between Sam and Teal’c.

So, in the spirit of friendship here are a few pics about that special relationship.

Trust.
                  Your friend watches over you and sometimes you don’t even know it.
                  Your friend always covers your six.
                  You have concerns about your friend’s occasional drinking habits.
                  You enjoy a delicious meal, dining with your friend at your side.
                  A good friend knows when to be still and when to listen.
                  And when to comfort.
                  There are moments when you both have problems concealing your feelings.
                  You help your friend through his nightmares.
                  And your friend returns the favor.
                  Your friend’s words guide you through the dark days.
                  You love it when your friend says he is in your debt.
                  Your friend checks up on you when you are feeling down and out.
                  A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
                  Friends, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Not quite on the subject of medals and fics, but I was thinking about all the comments from several days ago that discussed the friendship between Sam and Teal’c.

So, in the spirit of friendship here are a few pics about that special relationship.

Trust.
                    Your friend watches over you and sometimes you don’t even know it.
                    Your friend always covers your six.
                    You have concerns about your friend’s occasional drinking habits.
                    You enjoy a delicious meal, dining with your friend at your side.
                    A good friend knows when to be still and when to listen.
                    And when to comfort.
                    There are moments when you both have problems concealing your feelings.
                    You help your friend through his nightmares.
                    And your friend returns the favor.
                    Your friend’s words guide you through the dark days.
                    You love it when your friend says he is in your debt.
                    Your friend checks up on you when you are feeling down and out.
                    A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
                    Friends, indeed.
                    Great selection of pictures.

Comment

Wow... that last pic is quite stunning

I've never really paid that much attention to Sam & Teal'c, but it is one of those lovely little latent constants in the mythos of SG-1, I can't remember a time where Teal'c ever raised a hand to Carter.. the times he was not quite on our side included... or am I wrong there?

Originally posted by SamFan31

Trust.Your friend watches over you and sometimes you don’t even know it.Your friend always covers your six.You have concerns about your friend’s occasional drinking habits.You enjoy a delicious meal, dining with your friend at your side.A good friend knows when to be still and when to listen.And when to comfort.There are moments when you both have problems concealing your feelings.You help your friend through his nightmares.And your friend returns the favor.Your friend’s words guide you through the dark days.You love it when your friend says he is in your debt.Your friend checks up on you when you are feeling down and out.A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.Friends, indeed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        I've never really paid that much attention to Sam & Teal'c, but it is one of those lovely little latent constants in the mythos of SG-1, I can't remember a time where Teal'c ever raised a hand to Carter.. the times he was not quite on our side included... or am I wrong there?
                        I don't remember him ever raising a hand to her, even when he was convinced that Apophis was the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is a definite element of protectiveness in Teal'c's behaviour towards Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          I don't remember him ever raising a hand to her, even when he was convinced that Apophis was the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is a definite element of protectiveness in Teal'c's behaviour towards Sam.
                          And at the same time, a lot of trust and reassurance from him to her. It's definitely a great dynamic: you get the feeling that each thinks of the other as an anchor - someone who can be trusted in thick and thin.

I personally feel that part of the reason for that trust is because they're just friends (or at least, that's how I see them). The reliance isn't dependant on whether romantic things work out or how they feel emotionally about the other. It's just...there.

Sel.

Comment

Which is nice... we all need a few anchors in our lives. I think the other part of it is Teal'c's absolute respect for Carter and her respect for him. I see it as the kind of mutual respect between warriors/professionals. It's only just occuring to me, but it is a really nice element of the tapestry of the show.

Originally posted by seldear
                            And at the same time, a lot of trust and reassurance from him to her. It's definitely a great dynamic: you get the feeling that each thinks of the other as an anchor - someone who can be trusted in thick and thin.

I personally feel that part of the reason for that trust is because they're just friends (or at least, that's how I see them). The reliance isn't dependant on whether romantic things work out or how they feel emotionally about the other. It's just...there.

Sel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Sam: I'm a lousy cook and I couldn't spin, weave or dye if my life depended on it. (Emancipation)
                              Oh yeah....love that line...and she delivered it so well!!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                                Landry regarded her with a smile playing about his lips. "The President thought you might like a chance to command the new hybrid ship being developed with the Asgard's assistance."

Sam blinked. They were going to give her command of her own ship? "Uh, sir?"

"Would you take it if it was offered?"

They were asking if she wanted command of her own spaceship? "I... Yes, sir. I'd take the chance to command the new ship."

She glanced at Cam, who didn't look at all pissed off over her possible transfer. In fact, he looked quite amused at the prospect. And it had been tricky dealing with two people at 'command level' on SG-1, even if Sam had been busy with other projects along the way.

Daniel rustled some papers about on the table with a sly grin. "The new Asgard was quite impressed with your...uh...'stupidity' when dealing with previous Asgard problems," he said, "as well as the fact that the replicator version of you nearly managed to take over the galaxy." Sam eyed him, knowing there was a punchline coming and waiting for it. "He thinks - and Thor concurs - that this ship should be called 'The Samantha Carter'."

Oh, no. "Daniel..."

"I think it's got a certain...cadence to it," said Cameron. Sam fixed him with a 'you've got to be kidding me' look. "Well, General O'Neill had one named for him, and so did Daniel."

"Then they can call it after Teal'c," she said, only too aware that her cheeks were red. "If I'm going to command it then it's not going to be named after me." Not that she was insensible to the compliment being paid her by both the Asgard and the President, but Sam was no McKay - there were definite limits to her immodesty.

That smile was still playing about Landry's mouth. "I think that, as the first captain of the ship, you can probably name it what you like - as long as it passes muster with the President and the Asgard."

"Fine," she said. "We can call it...The Athena. Or maybe The Phoenix."

"The Enterprise?" Cam suggested, looking hopeful.

What was with these men and Star Trek?

"No," Sam said firmly. "Besides," she pointed out. "I wouldn't be boldly going where no man has gone before." Although it would be a first to have a major class spacefaring vessel commanded by a woman. There'd been female astronauts, and female officers on all the Earth spaceships, starting with the Prometheus back when Colonel Ronson first commanded it.

Landry coughed. "You can discuss name possibilities later. Right now, the President just wished to let you know that the ship is yours to command if you want it." The General snorted, amused. "He said it's the ship or his firstborn son."

Daniel smirked. "You might want to take the ship, Sam."

--

You know, to heck with another spinoff; it would be so cool to write a fic series where Sam is in charge of her own ship. Like a Virtual Series, or something...

Sel.
                                Well you've done it before Sel and you started this off so well....looking forward to an ending. Will Jack be in it somewhere???
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X