Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    If I can just go OT for a bit here.

I saw my doctor today-got the resutls of my most recent CT scan. The CT scans, since Jan, have shown very small shadows where my tumors had been, with no size changes at all. THey could have been, per the doc, scar tissue or damaged tissue from the tumor-with no real tumor there.

Today's results? There is nothing at all on the CT scans!

Doc says that means I am in "Durable Remission".

I'm so happy I could cry.
    And we're happy for you!

Great news! So glad to hear it!!!

Comment

I saw my doctor today-got the resutls of my most recent CT scan. The CT scans, since Jan, have shown very small shadows where my tumors had been, with no size changes at all. THey could have been, per the doc, scar tissue or damaged tissue from the tumor-with no real tumor there.

Woohoo, Deejay! That's great news!

My LJ

Comment

Yay!! Congratulations!! Here's to being tumor free for the rest of your life!!!

Suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

That's AWESOME news Deejay!! Congrats!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i asked a question (which is OT for this thread) in the 'samanda whinge nuts thread'. please go over there and answer it.

sally
            I did, Sally!

And, ((((Deejay)))) - great to hear the good news

Comment

i replying to something astro said in the samanda whinge nuts thread.

Originally posted by astro
              - if SG-1 continues (and Browder stays with that show), then the new spin-off could be a cool place for brand new things to happen. They could move Carter into the new show - and I'd be all for that! I don't know if AT would want to do it, nor do I know if TPTB would go that way with their thinking... but I can daydream about it! -- See, I do have a glass or two that's half-full! (Stop pointing out the cracks)

I'd love to see AT in command of a hybrid ship and in a new spin-off. She could be the commander, but I'd like to see them emphasize the ensemble cast, and team/group efforts. Carter would be competent - and her crew would grow fiercely loyal to her.... all the stuff that we normally get to see of the male captains of ships in scifi series.
              i'd LOVE for sam to command a ship too!

i've thought about it, and i think it would be neat if thor and the sgc had created a new hybrid asgard/earth ship. thor calls it 'the samantha carter', but sam says noooo.

but it's built and commissioned... and thor and the president want sam to be the commander of the ship. sam says yes, but only if they change the name! (she can't see herself saying she's samantha carter, commanding 'the samantha carter' ) so sam comes up with a few names to choose from: 'genesis', 'phoenix', 'explorer', 'grand' 'stargate'. and she still says no to 'enterprise'.

as much as i don't want sam to leave sg1, the show's changed so much that i won't fall apart if she leaves the show to continue in a spin-off. BUT ONLY IF SHE IS SPUN-OFF ON ANOTHER SHOW!

sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 10 May 2006, 08:07 PM.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                That's wonderful news, DJ!!

I guess we both have something to be thankful for today. This morning I received several emails asking me if my family was ok. I really didn't understand why everyone seemed so concerned until I saw the news reports that said a tornado had touched down multiple times near us last night. In fact, the tornado that hit the small town of Westminster, TX is less than 30 miles from my house. I consider myself extremely lucky indeed and send my prayers out to all the the families who have lost their homes, businesses, and famiy members.
                I'm so glad you are okay. And that you were spared knowing about it till later, so you didn't have to be fearful of what might happen. (I had SUCH a childhood phobia of tornadoes.)

And now I think, as much as I would like to stay up chatting to make up for having no boards all day-I'm off to sleep. MUCH more soundly than I did last night.

Thanks for all your congratulations guys. It means a lot. Thank you.

Comment

i replying to something astro said in the samanda whinge nuts thread.

i've thought about it, and i think it would be neat if thor and the sgc had created a new hybrid asgard/earth ship. thor calls is 'the samantha carter', but sam says noooo.

but it's built and commissioned... and thor and the president want sam to be the commander of the ship. sam says yes, but only if they change the name! (she can't see herself saying she's samantha carter, commanding the samantha carter ) so sam comes up with a few names to choose from: 'genesis', 'phoenix', 'explorer', 'grand' 'stargate'. and she still says no to 'enterprise'.

as much as i don't want sam to leave sg1, the show's changed so much that i won't fall apart if she leaves the show to continue in a spin-off. BUT ONLY IF SHE IS SPUN-OFF ON ANOTHER SHOW!

sally
                  Great ideas, Sally -- and very in keeping with her character. I'd vote for some version of 'Explorer'

Comment

i've thought about it, and i think it would be neat if thor and the sgc had created a new hybrid asgard/earth ship. thor calls is 'the samantha carter', but sam says noooo.

but it's built and commissioned... and thor and the president want sam to be the commander of the ship. sam says yes, but only if they change the name! (she can't see herself saying she's samantha carter, commanding the samantha carter ) so sam comes up with a few names to choose from: 'genesis', 'phoenix', 'explorer', 'grand' 'stargate'. and she still says no to 'enterprise'.
                    That would be a great storyline. I could definitely see Thor only wanting Sam to command the new ship and I think that she would do a phenomenal job. Having her ship originally called the 'Samantha Carter' would be perfect.

Maybe it could be renamed the Athena, after the Greek goddess of wisdom and honourable warfare...okay, Sam did say that she couldn't weave if her life depended on it, but two out of three isn't bad.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

the following post was brought over from the 'Whingenuts' thread:
                      Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by ReganX
                      I’d rather see Sam moved to the spin-off and have her flourish there than keep her in the background on SG-1. I think that having Sam command a ship and have her own adventures with her crew would be really cool – if TPTB don’t mind another “homage” they could have the ship stranded in another galaxy, maybe wherever the Furlings are. I could definitely see Sam being able to win the respect and loyalty of everybody under her command.
                      Great idea about the Furlings, ReganX!

Comment

okay, Sam did say that she couldn't weave if her life depended on it, but two out of three isn't bad.
                        I love how competent and smart Carter is -- but I also love these attributes of her character -- that she'd say it that way too "I couldn't weave if my life depended on it" (and I think she listed another thing or two in there as well...?)

I also remember when they were on that planet with Kynthia, and that woman was going to have a baby, and the guys of SG-1 looked at her because she was a woman -- I just LOL at her response and reaction to that! Something along the lines of 'Don't look at me!' (I don't know nuthin' about burthin' no babies!) Then Daniel stepped in and took care of the midwifing while Carter got to play the competent soldier. Loved that scene
                        Last edited by astrogeologist; 10 May 2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          I love how competent and smart Carter is -- but I also love these attributes of her character -- that she'd say it that way too "I couldn't weave if my life depended on it" (and I think she listed another thing or two in there as well...?)
                          Sam: I'm a lousy cook and I couldn't spin, weave or dye if my life depended on it. (Emancipation)

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Sam: I'm a lousy cook and I couldn't spin, weave or dye if my life depended on it. (Emancipation)
                            That's it! Thanks, Regan! That one of my favorite Carter lines

Comment

I also remember when they were on that planet with Kynthia, and that woman was going to have a baby, and the guys of SG-1 looked at her because she was a woman -- I just LOL at her response and reaction to that! Something along the lines of 'Don't look at me!' (I don't know anything about burthin' no babies!) Then Daniel stepped in and took care of the midwifing while Carter got to play the competent soldier. Loved that scene

Sam (after everyone looks at her): "What? Don't look at me, I don't know what to do." - Brief Candle

Comment

the following post was brought over from the 'Whingenuts' thread:

Originally Posted by ReganX
                                I’d rather see Sam moved to the spin-off and have her flourish there than keep her in the background on SG-1. I think that having Sam command a ship and have her own adventures with her crew would be really cool – if TPTB don’t mind another “homage” they could have the ship stranded in another galaxy, maybe wherever the Furlings are. I could definitely see Sam being able to win the respect and loyalty of everybody under her command.

Great idea about the Furlings, ReganX!

i love that idea too!

i'd rather not have her in some far away galaxy, though, because then she couldn't interact with her friends and loved ones.

i'd also like to see the supporting cast be newbies. no big name stars to influence (prob bad) the writing or money being spent.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X