Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Sally you do realize if Sam is stuck in the arctic without her team and she gets hypothermia Jack won't be there to warm her up and don't forget there aren't any penguins in the arctic either for her to cozy up to...she'll be stuck having to warm up with some other guy And then we'll have to pull your head out of the sand where you'll be hiding it when you realize what a mistake you've made
    it wasn't a shippy fic.

and NO other guys!

if i were going to write it, i might end up going in 'the thing' area of creepiness. or, the base is so miserably run that everyone there is in danger of dying from hypothermia, etc. or, sam rallies the group and they make something of that miserable place. or, sam was actually sent there to be murdered. or....

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Um Sally this story comes close to having things in it you wanted from both of your fic requests, except Baal's not in it
      From the Darkness of the Abyss
      (warning may be a bit intense, and there is torture in it, but nothing more than they have put on SG)

Edit:Ok its not the Arctic, but Minnesota is close enough
      okay, it's long, so i need to know things before going in. is it jack torture or sam torture? i LOVE jack, but i only like to read sam-centric fics.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Yeah and as PR said the Angels are Navy - formed at NAS Jax - see them every year at the air show was a highlight as a kid.

At the Vancouver con AT was part of the reinlistment ceremony for a someone in the US Navy. He asked N John Smith if we would see the Navy show up on SG. John said that they are working with the Navy to film in the North Pole with both shows and he laughed and said yeah maybe the Navy should be represented on Atlantis. It was really sweet when he came up to the mic during ATs time on stage to thank her - he was almost in tears and had a hard time talking.

wow. what was amanda's reaction?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          okay, it's long, so i need to know things before going in. is it jack torture or sam torture? i LOVE jack, but i only like to read sam-centric fics.

sally
          It's a very Sam centric fic, I think it's the type you like (hint, hint)
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ooh, i got a callsign!

'bombshell'

or

'blond bombshell'

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Nah - just snitched the graphic :abashed look: from a Wonder Woman links site (http://www.sufferingsappho.com/bouti...boutique.html), rotated, redid the background and hair, put in the lettering and its highlights, then decided it needed some weaponry, and added the bombs!

And you're right - that is the most hilarious image of Tinkerbell - little, flying Amazon bombshell- before I ever got my hands on it! Hmm - I wonder if the guys in her squadron thought of Sam as a 'lttle flying Amazon bombshell"? And how badly did she hurt them if they were ever foolish enough to express that thought to her????
              hey, that's my idea!

*wonders about being psychic*

naw.

*wonders if she had a psychic moment about being psychic*

naw.

*wonders if she knew she was going to say that?*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                Thought I'd share some photos of Amanda (and husband, Alan Kovacs) taken recently at the Canadian Cancer Society 10th Annual Diamond Ball at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Found these photos at the Catherine Barr web site:

http://www.catherinebarr.com/photos/...diamondball06/

Amanda Tapping and co-chair Shaheen Esmail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...awards2006.jpg

Amanda

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ancer-2006.jpg

Amanda and Alan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...cancer2006.jpg

Morjana
                thanks for sharing, morjana!

amanda (and hubby) look great.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  I'm playing catch-up so forgive if the choice has been made.

These are great! I was surprised that 'Dorothy' wasn't included
                  I mentioned Dorothy, but I was outvoted on numerous occassions.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    figured that was more something jack came up with?
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

It's a very Sam centric fic, I think it's the type you like (hint, hint)
                      You'll like it Sally!

Comment

Aww, ((((Kat)))))! You're breaking my heart.

You're just not as boisterous as the rest of us! I vaguely remember you mentioning it, but it's one of those things that was christened once SG-1 was formed. And unless Jack knew Sam prior to COTG - as in, YEARS before - then I just don't think she would've gotten that title.

But I do understand why you and Ambermoon voted against Barbie.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                          figured that was more something jack came up with?
                          In a way you're correct. In WWI and II many of the the pilots planes were decked out with a 'Dams" name and or picture. At least in the movies they were but in the present, I could see kick ass Sam with 'Hail Dorothy!' [SIZE=1]the wicked witch(enemy)' is dead on her fighter.

Comment

hugs Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              In a way you're correct. In WWI and II many of the the pilots planes were decked out with a 'Dams" name and or picture. At least in the movies they were but in the present, I could see kick ass Sam with 'Hail Dorothy!' [SIZE=1]the wicked witch(enemy)' is dead on her fighter.
                              i just thought it would be a wired coincidence that her call sign was dorothy and jack just happens to love TWoO.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Ah don't feel sad Kat, it didn't go to waste, Jack's got that moniker
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X