Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Hello to all Carterfans! I finally got a chance to do a little more than just read a few posts...

I have been extremely impressed with the photographics posted by the members of the SaGC thread. Over the past year, many of these wonderful images have been disappeared in the multitude of wonderful pages and threads on the forum. I am proud to have participated in the SaGC thread and am very proud of how long and how strong the thread has persisted - I decided to try and see if I could collect some of the great photographics in one place. I do not claim credit for any of this wonderful photographic work, but instead, I tip my hat in gratitude to those who have posted these images for myself and others to enjoy.

A Collection of Cool Carter-photographics created and posted by Samandans
    Thankyou so much for putting this photoart collection together FlameKeeper . It's great to be able to browse through everyone's creativity.
    And it's really good to see you around again .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

ok, this is depressing.
      i was looking through the offical GW images for Camalot. and i saw sam. you have NO idea how happy this made me. i'm still repressing tears of joy. its embarrassing, and it sounds stupid, and i wish it was, but it truly made me REALLY happy.
      then i clicked on the pic and it was of sam and daniel. but its still counts.
      so now i'm going through all the other pics as well.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Aww, ((((Kat)))))! You're breaking my heart.

You're just not as boisterous as the rest of us! I vaguely remember you mentioning it, but it's one of those things that was christened once SG-1 was formed. And unless Jack knew Sam prior to COTG - as in, YEARS before - then I just don't think she would've gotten that title.

But I do understand why you and Ambermoon voted against Barbie.
        Yeah, but what if Sam's callsign really was Dorothy and he got a hold of some of her past personal records and found out and that's why he's been teasing her by calling her Dorothy when she does something kickass. ;D

It could happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          It's time once again to bring recognition to the best stories and
          storytellers, the best artists, and the best vidders in the fandom.
          Nominations for the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards are now open. They will be open
          from March 9, 2006 and remain open until April 30, 2006. This includes
          both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.
          wtf, March 9? :| I didn't even realise

/me scurries off to find all the links to the good fic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Yeah, but what if Sam's callsign really was Dorothy and he got a hold of some of her past personal records and found out and that's why he's been teasing her by calling her Dorothy when she does something kickass. ;D

It could happen!
            but he makes other TWoO comments, doesn't he?
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Amanda seemed very touched by the mans reaction. She then told everyone about the ceremony and who the gentle was and how honored she was to be a part off the ceremony.

Okay I just got home from the closing show of a musical I've been playing since the Vancouver Con and I love live theatre. Tonights closing show was fantastic. We had our first show stopper in act one tonight and then two more in act two. The theatre was sold out and the audience was electric. I would so love to see Amanda on stage in a show.
              Ditto.

Comment

I'm gonna assume that you guys haven't seen this.... dude.. I.Want.It.

From the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site:

"DEFEND EVERY DROP" ONLINE AUCTION April 10-29, 2006

The "Defend Every Drop" online auction benefits the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the world's water resources, and an organization for which Richard serves on the Board of Trustees.

Among the items up for auction is an opportunity to visit the set of Stargate SG-1 in Vancouver and to have lunch with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping.

The winner will also receive a beautiful handcrafted wooden paddle signed by Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, Gary Jones, Dan Shea, Colin Cunningham, Tony Amendola, and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the President of the Waterkeeper Alliance.

Other items available for auction include lunch with Joe Flanigan on the set of Stargate Atlantis and a paddle signed by the Atlantis cast, and lunch with Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff on the set of Battlestar Galactica and a paddle signed by the Galactica cast. To place your bids, you must register at the Charity Folks website. Bidding begins on April 10th and runs until the 29th. Good luck!

http://charityfolks.com/charity_auct...aterkeeper.asp
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I mentioned Dorothy, but I was outvoted on numerous occassions.
                  If people are planning on making a helmet to give to AT with the callsign on it, I probably would suggest Dorothy instead of Barbie, just because... it's slightly less derogatory. I can see though that Barbie is the more likely that male pilots would have called Sam. I like Dorothy though because of all the references to the Wizard of Oz throughout the show (such as 'Hail Dorothy' ).
                  I thought Sally's idea, Bombshell was quite good also. It could be taken as both a bit of a put down but also as a compliment as well. Bombshell because the guys would have obviously been able to see how knockdown gorgeously beautiful she is, but at the same time for her skills as a fighter pilot.

For sciency/brainy callsigns she could have been called Quark or Shrodinger? But no, I think it would have been more something related to her as a pilot than as a scientist.

Everyone's got really great suggestions though. Picking one's going to be tricky.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Don't forget, Amanda herself joked about Stargate Barbie on the Avenger 2.0 DVD commentary

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      ok, this is depressing.
                      i was looking through the offical GW images for Camalot. and i saw sam. you have NO idea how happy this made me. i'm still repressing tears of joy. its embarrassing, and it sounds stupid, and i wish it was, but it truly made me REALLY happy.
                      then i clicked on the pic and it was of sam and daniel. but its still counts.
                      so now i'm going through all the other pics as well.
                      so, my obsessiveness kicked in and i did indeed catalogue all the pics. as i did it, i realized that sam was actually featured more than i thought she was, and started to feel better about the whole thing.

solos are 4 points, foregrounds 3, "team" shots 2, and background (i.e "oh look, there's her ear!") are 1.

season 9 Sam: 120 points. seems pretty high right? that's what i thought, so i compared it to sam in s8 (i know, in hindsight, probably not the best choice).
                      season 8 Sam: 175 points. ok, so, not so good. but still pretty good considering i thought she was being treated like wallpaper in s9. so, just for, you know, kicks, i decided to compare her to s9 mitchell.
                      season 9 Mitchell: 261 points. yeah, that;s what i said. 261.

ugh. obsessiveness over. i'm going to bed.
                      why do i do this to myself?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Don't forget, Amanda herself joked about Stargate Barbie on the Avenger 2.0 DVD commentary
                        Yes, she certainly did . So really 'Barbie' has just as much history in the show as 'Dorothy'. I guess I just find Barbie more cringeworthy, because, well... I've never been a Barbie girl myself, not even when I was tiny . really, I'm just very much not into Barbie. So, yeah, that would be my personal bias showing through.

They're all good though. The most appropriate ones to me seem to be Dorothy, Barbie, Bombshell or Tinkerbell.

edit: Haha, I just found the poll thread for this! *thwacks forhead*
                        Hmm, ok, now I have to decide on definite vote.....
                        Last edited by deepspace; 09 April 2006, 08:41 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                          Hey everyone!!!!

*wave*

An OT post….

Just popping in to say that the Theatre Play I wrote and directed went up all last week… and it was brilliant!!!! I was FREAKING out all the week before, called a 6-hour rehearsal at my own house the day before show… but in the end it went great. The last run was completely fantastic… It is SO amazing to see something YOU wrote and YOU directed/produced/etc go up in front of an over-sold audience, and have people come up to you after and say they loved it, or their hearts were thumping, or w/e. Woooow.

There was a big awards ceremony last night, as it was for a festival. I got many nominations including the categories of:

Outstanding Technical (Music, Lights, Costumes)

Outstanding Director

Outstanding Ensemble

Outstanding Overall Production – Drama (I was one of two plays in the running)

My play won the Outstanding Technical trophy…

There were only 5 awards that were not for actors, so 4/5 noms isn’t too bad…! I can’t believe none of my actors/actresses were nominated for awards. They were completely brilliant… *shakes head* There were a lot of… interesting final calls on the awards. I really wanted something to take home… the Technical Trophy goes to my Technician person, though I designed and did all the techy stuff while she pushed the buttons for the actual show… oh well. Many people, including some directors, told me after that I got hugely cheated out. *shrug* I knew it was going to happen! The festival Judges weren’t ready for a dramatic futuristic Sci-Fi theatre piece dealing with the profound over-dependency on technology that people are quickly developing. lol.

I had a crazy time doing it, and learnt a LOT which will be useful for the NEXT play I’m directing which started rehearsals last week, this time a Crazy wacked-out Melodrama comedy of an ‘Ole Western SO fun!!! That’s going up in a month, so I’ll probably not be on during the mid-times!
                          Congratulations MajorSam! I'm so glad your play went well. It must be really great to see something you've put so much work into finally 'happen' . Great job .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            so, my obsessiveness kicked in and i did indeed catalogue all the pics. as i did it, i realized that sam was actually featured more than i thought she was, and started to feel better about the whole thing.

solos are 4 points, foregrounds 3, "team" shots 2, and background (i.e "oh look, there's her ear!") are 1.

season 9 Sam: 120 points. seems pretty high right? that's what i thought, so i compared it to sam in s8 (i know, in hindsight, probably not the best choice).
                            season 8 Sam: 175 points. ok, so, not so good. but still pretty good considering i thought she was being treated like wallpaper in s9. so, just for, you know, kicks, i decided to compare her to s9 mitchell.
                            season 9 Mitchell: 261 points. yeah, that;s what i said. 261.

ugh. obsessiveness over. i'm going to bed.
                            why do i do this to myself?
                            Love the analysis, Paradox! Just the kind of thing that I would do!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              I hate to nitpick, but you made a typo it's spellted PSYCHO
                              hey!

starts thinking of devious things to do to mandy

starts wondering if thinking these evil things makes her psycho?

starts eating cereal

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                I'm gonna assume that you guys haven't seen this.... dude.. I.Want.It.

From the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site:

"DEFEND EVERY DROP" ONLINE AUCTION April 10-29, 2006

The "Defend Every Drop" online auction benefits the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the world's water resources, and an organization for which Richard serves on the Board of Trustees.

Among the items up for auction is an opportunity to visit the set of Stargate SG-1 in Vancouver and to have lunch with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping.
                                i'll say here what i said on the shipper thread....

SOMEONE HELP ME ROB A BANK SO I CAN SEE THESE TWO!!!

ponders having lunch with amanda and rick... sighs dreamily

i'm a fangirl and admit it.

seriously, i need money to make this come true!!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X