Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yeah, poor t-bear has been so wall papered.

sam, at least, does have so much more to her than the relationship. She's a bonafide leader at the sgc and amongst her peers. and, even ignoring the other weaknesses of s9, sam did just fine with what bits she was given.

teal'c however....poor teal'c. but, on the upside, CJ's not paid by the line so he's had a pretty easy season
    I thnk your quite right. And t-bear??? Hehe. TJ your not an idiot

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I mean, sam's not the only one. Given taht the spin we heard with Ben joining the show was 'more time for everyone', poor teal'c has yet again, been relegated to silent muscle in the corner and, unless it's a jaffa storyline, he's completely ignored.

at least sam has other stories than sam/jack for them to write if they choose....poor t-bear, if they can't stick him in robes and have him wrestle they don't know what to do with him
      The funny thing with Chris is I recently read an interview with him where he was discussing how Teal'c has had to speak more ( long speeches) in seasons eight and nine than in all of the previous seven seasons, and that he was really hoping that in season ten Teal'c would get back to being the silent, kickass character he used to be. I think he wants to see less talking scenes and more action scenes; but I'm hoping they won't require him to carry around two P-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        The funny thing with Chris is I recently read an interview with him where he was discussing how Teal'c has had to speak more ( long speeches) in seasons eight and nine than in all of the previous seven seasons, and that he was really hoping that in season ten Teal'c would get back to being the silent, kickass character he used to be. I think he wants to see less talking scenes and more action scenes; but I'm hoping they won't require him to carry around two P-90's.
        No Sky would rather see him carry Sam, somewhere private and imagine herself in that position
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If someone wants to start a serious vala discussion thread, i'll go play in it. HOwever the TWO vala threads that exist are for appreciation and wow....which means that discussion - which is positive and negative -are off topic.

which is why i respect those threads and stay out of them. Kinda like we want folks to respect the Sam thread and keep major discussion of the other characters out of this thread.

Contrary to others on this forum, i'm fully aware that my opinions may not be wanted or welcome, so i refrain from joining in in places where i may not be wanted.

I've been around the fandom long enough to know that people don't change thier minds or opinions just because i'd like them to...so i'm not gonna waste my time harrassing those that i don't agree with. I just let them be.

Now, take the personal stuff out of here. This is the ONLY thread on this forum that is dedicated to Sam, and it's gonna stay that way.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            No Sky would rather see him carry Sam, somewhere private and imagine herself in that position
            me????

bats eyes innocently.

*cue urkel voice* would i do that??????

sigpic

Comment

How did we end up on page 2?

Midday general principles BUMP!

Comment

If someone wants to start a serious vala discussion thread, i'll go play in it. HOwever the TWO vala threads that exist are for appreciation and wow....which means that discussion - which is positive and negative -are off topic.

which is why i respect those threads and stay out of them. Kinda like we want folks to respect the Sam thread and keep major discussion of the other characters out of this thread.

Contrary to others on this forum, i'm fully aware that my opinions may not be wanted or welcome, so i refrain from joining in in places where i may not be wanted.

I've been around the fandom long enough to know that people don't change thier minds or opinions just because i'd like them to...so i'm not gonna waste my time harrassing those that i don't agree with. I just let them be.

Now, take the personal stuff out of here. This is the ONLY thread on this forum that is dedicated to Sam, and it's gonna stay that way.
                Well, I've been away too much lately to know what prompted this well-worded post, but I certainly agree with it! Hear, hear, Sky!

Comment

me????

bats eyes innocently.

*cue urkel voice* would i do that??????
                  Carry Sam around???

Er, I don't know? Do you tote Air FOrce officers around on a regular basis?

:tries to look innocent:
                  ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

How did we end up on page 2?

Midday general principles BUMP!
                    Laugh, we had a large chunk of this mornings discussions deleted so I guess it threw us down into the second page. But tis a lovely way to start us back up on page one!

Comment

What we may have to do here, to get the Sam thread back is to be very 'mean'.

Anything, and i'm sorry, i mean that lovely chit chat that makes this place such a nice place to be, will be viewed most stringently for being on topic.

And ALL off topic posts will be deleted.

Folks want to have some friendly banter, i'm sorry but you'll have to take it to the Blue Jello thread for the time being.

Any and every post that is not about Sam needs to be reported and will be deleted.

Normally we do try to be kind here and welcomeing to all...but sometimes, when one has bad neighbors, they need to pull in the welcome mat and hunker down.

So, SAM ONLY is the topic of this thread. If it's not about Sam, then it has no place here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        You know, for me it's not about having to have Sam and Jack get together. Frankly, I just want all of the characters to get to be happy. And, as the show has been written, for O'neill and Carter, that does include some manner of resolution to the tap dance that's been going on for years now. Whether they wind up together or not, I think it would be unforgiveable for the writers to try and ignore an element of the show that has been so prevalent and so important to the characters.

Basically, I just don't want to see anymore character regression or stagnation. I don't want to see previous character issues or relationships swept under the rug because the writers don't have the crust to deal with them or because they don't fit in with New Stargate. So, it's not just about the the Jack/Sam ship for me, though I will admit that that is a rather prodigious issue for both of those two characters. I also want to know what's up with Cassandra. She is, supposedly, someone who is pretty damn important to all of the team. I want to see Teal'c continuing his relationship with Ryac, I want to know what's happening with Ishta and the Haktyl. And Daniel, wouldn't you know, once died and ascended to a higher plane of existence. You'd think that might be a topic of conversation given the nature of the new super-evil, bad, scary, unbeatable, murderous, vile (yet surprisingly sprogish) villain. Perhaps we could see Daniel himself struggling with this "lost" part of his life. Or, if that whole mind trip truly is never to be brought up again, how about that former flame of his who was gonna make the rivers of the Earth run red with blood? Sarah Gardner seems to have fallen into the black whole of "Old" Stargate, too.

And, hey, does anybody else remember that guy from the movie who did that thing, then came back and did a bunch of other stuff? You know, that dude played by the funny three-word name guy whose face used to be plastered all over everything Stargate? Perhaps it really would be better for the show if the audience found out a little bit about what he's doing now, how things have been going. For that matter, as much as I like Ba'al, I'd like to know what some of the other goa'uld are up to nowadays. Surely he's not the only system lord left drifting about in space. And I'm pretty sure a snakey politician is slithering about somewhere, too. Ooh, and then there's the superest plot device of them all--the Tok'ra. For being mentioned so damn often for the past two seasons, you might figure that they'd show up every now and then. But, alas, no. Apparently Jacob was the last of them that will ever deign to grace the SGC with a visit. Nonetheless, don't you all think they might be interested in the new order that seems to have taken hold in the galaxy? Bah, you're right. They were always such bashful, unassuming folks. Of course they're happy to let the Tau'ri speak for all the inhabitants of the galaxy.

So, yeah, I'd like to see the O'neill and Carter stuff get worked out some how. If for no other reason than there's just too much other stuff that doesn't get worked out and dealt with. I feel like there's already been too many shortcuts taken with the plot in order to mutate the show into this bigger, better version of SG-1. I'd hate to see any more taken with the characters' interactions with each other. Because when it comes down to it, it is the characters interactions that are the most important part of the show for me. Asking for a little bit of consistency is not asking for too much. God knows the writers used to do it rather well.

Hopefully, with some of the spoilers and rumors floating about for season ten, TPTB will be addressing at least a couple of things. RDA wants to "tie up some loose ends". And I'm overall far more optimistic about this upcoming season than I ever was for season nine. So, trying to stay positive.
                        So would this be URPH--Unresolved plot holes? I, too, see these exact areas that could be dealt with a bit. I always thought there were major possibilities in dealing with Sam and Sarah Gardner. Both hosts against their will, enemies fo years... All we get is daniel saying "we'll help you through this" and she disappears. I've heard the actress was unavailable, but they could have put in something like Sam asking, "how's Sarah?" And Daniel could say something like "I don't see her much. I remind her too much of being a prisoner of Osiris."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i felt the only reason claudia said this was to let the *s/j shippers* know what to expect.

sally
                          Originally posted by Deejay435
                          I think you're reading too much into that. I think CB had nothing to say about the S/J ship-as she knows nothing about it. But she had to say something, so she went with the "popular mythos" which is that resolving RST "ruins" a show.

AT has said positive things about the 'ship in Season 10, and she's in a much better position to understand where it's been and where it's going.
                          I think you're both reading way too much into these comments, as far as the actors' opinions go. What most likely happened was they got everyone into a room at Bridge and asked each actor a set of questions based on their knowledge of the new season so far. However, I'm sure each actor was told what the network wanted conveyed in the promos beforehand.

Then, after all the taping was done, the snippets we finally saw were very carefully edited to make sure the messages the network wanted to send to the viewers got through. So although they were probably unrehearsed and looked very casual, everyone knew what they were there to accomplish before anything was committed to tape.

IMHO......

Comment

Laugh, we had a large chunk of this mornings discussions deleted so I guess it threw us down into the second page. But tis a lovely way to start us back up on page one!
                            Ah.....now it makes sense. Thanks, Kat!

Comment

Once we've chosen our favorite Sam episodes from the various seasons, what's the plan, Sky? Do we watch 'em all? Discuss our reasons why?

I actually had a difficult time choosing (for season one), because I kept forgetting not to choose my favorite episode and to choose the episode I thought was the best SAM episode. Oddly the two weren't identical. Much as I loved SINGULARITY (for three scenes in particular - and of course for Amanda's outstandingly played breakthrough for Sam in that elevator), it wasn't actually my favorite episode of season one as a whole.

Looking back, I think Sam actually had three major breakthroughs in season one. The one in SOLITUDES (vis-a-vis her emotional willingness to 'be there' for Jack), the one in SINGULARITY (vis-a-vis her first disobedience of Jack's orders) and the one in WITHIN THE SERPENT'S GRASP (when she opts to follow her team into voluntary exile through the Stargate - against orders again).

I'm not certain there were other major ones - were there? I'm no where near the expert that some of you are on the episodic minutia, but from a broader POV, those were the primary milestones for Sam that I got out of S1.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Regarding how I would like to see Sam in season ten either as leader of SG-1 or 2IC of the SGC.

If season ten continues to follow on the same path as season nine, then to be honest I would say sod off to SG-1 and hope that Sam in put in command of the newest Tauri vessel. Why? Well because it's obvious that we won't be using the Stargate much anymore, and spacecrafts seem to have become a huge part of the Ori story arc, so Sam might as well be front and center. After watching the finale to Camelot it's plain to see that being a member of SG-1 is really not a productive place to be any longer, all the big battles involve CGI spacecrafts and big explosions and I'd rather see Sam sitting in the captain's chair and giving all the orders than standing on the sidelines watching the battle take place.
                                Good point. I want her where ever she can be in the thick of the action. And I'd like to see more respect from Landry.

Comment

Working...
                                X