Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    The picture above shows a 2003 Ford (Mustang) Cobra SVT. In S6's Prometheus Carter had a Volvo s80.

Mustangs were first introduced in mid-1964. The one in that S10 episode was a 1965 Fastback.
    Then its the 67 one. Wasnt sure about the year.At least I think its from 67 well Shelby GT500
    Yeh, I remember the new Volvo but not this one.

EDIT: Could have just posted the pic from the ep lol
    What I really like is the old new. Old car new make over.
    Last edited by kes; 13 August 2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      The picture above shows a 2003 Ford (Mustang) Cobra SVT. In S6's Prometheus Carter had a Volvo s80.

Mustangs were first introduced in mid-1964. The one in that S10 episode was a 1965 Fastback.
      I don't believe the Mustang was actually Sam's car, though. Probably a rental, but a very nice rental at that.

As for the Volvo S80 that Sam had in Prometheus and again in S7's Chimera, I think they used Amanda's car for those scenes. I don't believe the first Volvo was hers, but the one they used in latter episodes was. I'm pretty sure I recall them saying that in a commentary.

Picture in spoilers to save space.
      Spoiler:

ETA: As for Mitchell's car, maybe Sam's been helping Cameron fix up that old car since he got out of the hospital after his injury. Maybe that was her get well soon present...Sam's been helping him get it back into mint condition in their spare time.
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 August 2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by kes
        Then its the 67 one. Wasnt sure about the year.At least I think its from 67 well Shelby

You know your getting old when you remember seeing the car in 1967.

But I thought Sam's (Volvo) was great.
        Last edited by LaCroix; 13 August 2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          What's the behind the scenes story? Don't think I've heard it.
          I don't know if anyone else already answered this one but in one of the extras amanda says that the director asked her and the others to be really surprised and well apparently she is the only one who really was surprised! So you can see in the ep that her face really is surprised, even a little bit to much and the guys weren't surprised at all..Verry funny actually. I even think that lizlove did put that extra on youtube...but you would have to ask her

I just saw the last ep and I have to say I really like it.
          Spoiler:
          Only Vala is bugging me again I think she is again becoming a maneater (to put it nicely)
          And I only wished that Landry did shoot Cam, oh that is evil of me
          BUt Sam was great in it! I really loved her in sharge!!! That is what I love to see more!

CONGRATULATIONS SKY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            here we go, a hopefully brief note one uninvited. i haven't read other opinions on it yet, so i hope i'm not just repeating others here.

Spoiler:

cameron has a very cool car. i'll leave my cameron discussion to that.

carter in charge of the sgc. very very cool.

teal'c actually did something, and actually had more than two lines. excellent.

hate to say it, but i didn't really miss daniel. would have been cool to have him there, but he probably wouldn't have had anything to do anyway.

i'm liking landry more and more.

vala was very fun, although i really do think they should have included an explaination as to why vala was the only one helping out with the goa'uld healing device. something about sam not being comfortable with her skill level with it or something. i actually thought at first when vala started to talk about sam's phobia about the big chair, that she was going to say something about her not being over her phobia of using the goa'uld tech after meridian.

i'm pretty sure that sheriff wade is actually mark carter from the end of seth.

that creature was very cgi.

it was an ok episode, and i think it probably could have been a fair bit better, but to me it just seemed forced. to me it just felt like a subtle as a brick attempt by TPTB to repeatedly say "look, we aren't sexist! we swear!". sam in charge of the base (not that i'm complaining, that was great), mentioning that they had a woman in charge of the sgc before. it also felt like they were equally as subtley trying to prove how mitchell really is cut out for going off world, ("before my special forces training kicked in") and how he's not really leading the team, he's still "learning from the best". which is fine, but cramed into this episode where they were trying to not so subliminaly trying to get a point across about various fan complaints, when its all put together the way it was it was here, it just seemed forced.

but i suppose at least they seem to be listening to some of the fan complaints, and trying to deal with some of them.

i liked the poker game at the end too. competitive sam, immediately followed by childish sam. also liked the sam/teal'c/vala interaction (mind out of the gutter people, agent dark i'm looking at you in particular!) throughout the episode. and vala slowly learning how to fit into a chain of command, and not being the boss of everything for once. i'm still curious to see how well they develop her character and integrate her fully into sg-1 and the sgc in general.

ok, i'll cut it off their before i ramble too much. hopefully that was brief enough. i could say more, but i'll be nice to you anyone who has the patients to read my posts for once and i'll cut it short.
            Stellar post, Stargate Barbie! And I agree wholeheartedly with that section in the middle, but lots of folks are trying to see the glass as half full, whereas I feel very wary. Trying to identify the positive, but also very aware of the other motivations - and machinations.

Will say more at Whingenuts when I get the chance (and my thoughts organized appropriately)

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

I believe we see her cool old Volvo in Ascension and Desperate Measures--if that helps anyone hunt up photos...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I don't believe the Mustang was actually Sam's car, though. Probably a rental, but a very nice rental at that.
                Ohhhh, because Colson Industries was in Seattle (not!)? Bbbut, why couldn't Carter have driven from Colorado Springs to Seattle? I mean, if
                Spoiler:
                it's reasonable for the CO of the SGC and the flagship team to DRIVE from CO to MN for a long getaway in the midst of the ongoing "The Ori Are Coming! The Ori Are Coming!" crisis....

Say, I wonder why Carter drives such fast cars and motorcycles?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                  Ohhhh, because Colson Industries was in Seattle (not!)? Bbbut, why couldn't Carter have driven from Colorado Springs to Seattle? I mean, if
                  Spoiler:
                  it's reasonable for the CO of the SGC and the flagship team to DRIVE from CO to MN for a long getaway in the midst of the ongoing "The Ori Are Coming! The Ori Are Coming!" crisis....

Say, I wonder why Carter drives such fast cars and motorcycles?
                  I'll take "Because the Mostly Prim and Proper Air Force Colonel/Theoretical Astrophysicist is a Big Time Adrenaline Junkie" for $600, Alex.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

As for the Volvo S80 that Sam had in Prometheus and again in S7's Chimera, I think they used Amanda's car for those scenes. I don't believe the first Volvo was hers, but the one they used in latter episodes was. I'm pretty sure I recall them saying that in a commentary.

ETA: As for Mitchell's car, maybe Sam's been helping Cameron fix up that old car since he got out of the hospital after his injury. Maybe that was her get well soon present...Sam's been helping him get it back into mint condition in their spare time.
                    I like that idea. It would give them something to bond over that's been established for Sam and it wouldn't take away from Sam.

Comment

Updated list

Nominations
                      Link to Stargatefan awards here

ReganX

Just A Number+++++++++++++++Best Team Story

Three Men And A Little Theoretical Astrophysicist ++++Best Humour Story

Skydiver aka Denise

Secrets Trilogy+++++++++++++++++++++Gen Au
                      No Turning Back++++++++++++++++++++Gen, Angst, Sam
                      Tentative Gestures++++++++++++++++++Gen, Angst, Other
                      Midwinter's Nightmare++++++++++++++++Gen, Drama
                      Stages+++++++++++++++++++++++++++Gen, Tag
                      Maktel Shree lotak Meta Setak Oz+++++++Gen, Humor
                      Burdens - written with Adi+++++++++++++Gen, HC

So Shall it Be+++++++++++++++++++++++Ship, AA
                      Unas Wooness++++++++++++++++++++++Ship, Humor
                      One More Revelation++++++++++++++++++Pre-ship
                      Trinkets+++++++++++++++++++++++++++Series

Mandysg1

Shades of Grey: The Aftermath +++++++++SG1/Atlantis/ship/ Best Crossover Story: Other
                      What’s In a Name +++++++++++++++++++Gen, Best Humor Story
                      Getting to Know You+++++++++++++++++=Gen, Best Action/Adventure Story

Strix varia

Knife's Edge of Madness ++++++++++++++++GEN > Best Drama Story
                      Looking Up+++++++++++++++++++++++++++SHIP > Best Angst Story > Jack/Sam
                      Surviving++++++++++++++++++++++++++++GEN > Best DarkFic Story
                      Ten-Thousand Suns++++++++++++++++++++ FEMSLASH > Best Pre-Slash Story
                      Under Fire +++++++++++++++++++++++++++GEN > Best Action/Adventure Story

edited to add link provided by PR, thanks
                      Last edited by Mandysg1; 13 August 2006, 04:33 PM.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mandysg1 Sorry, Im slow, where is the link that I can use to get to these? I am inspired to read more now.

But I can only do pre season 9. Sadly Mitchell and Vala dont exist in my personal stargate cannon for my own reasons. Ironically John Chricton and Aryen Sun do as I had read a couple of good Stargate-Farscape crossovers a few years ago... so if any of you have any recommendations for those please pass them my way too. Thanks
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Mandysg1 Sorry, Im slow, where is the link that I can use to get to these? I am inspired to read more now.
                          here, i think. my, my, look at that list!
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            here, i think. my, my, look at that list!
                            Thanks PR for answering so quickly, and yes that is the link Just follow the categories to find the stories.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

About the Mustang: LOL You must be somewhere between my parents age

About the Volvo: The old one,right?! Cos the new Its a great car and awsome to drive but it isnt..you know...cool! LOL Or sporty Also a b*tch to find parking space, that thing is huge!

Comment

Well now if they want to use Amanda's car in any scenes, they'll have to take into account that she may have traded it in for a family vehicle...let's see I think I found a picture ot it

Spoiler:

I can just see Sam speeding away in it
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X