Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    Oh yes she has a wonderful look of contempt, nicely understated and just perfect.
    You know what else impressed me about the scene - how you could literally see the wheels turning in Sam's head from the subtle changes in facial expression as portrayed by AT. She literally puts the pieces together in front of the camera and within a few seconds - bang - comes up with a conclusion that causes Simmons to retreat both literally and figuratively.
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      You know what else impressed me about the scene - how you could literally see the wheels turning in Sam's head from the subtle changes in facial expression as portrayed by AT. She literally puts the pieces together in front of the camera and within a few seconds - bang - comes up with a conclusion that causes Simmons to retreat both literally and figuratively.
      That was a great scene and really well acted.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        here'sa great little fic

http://sachi.arrr.net/blue.html

it's a foothold tag, sam pov...little rambly cause, you know, she is kinda sleep deprived

and one of the few foothold fic i've ever read
        Well, since everyone is celebrating "something good" from Monday night lineup about J/S, there does seem to be some hope building on that issue. I saw the CB and CJ snips but not Ben nor AT herself ... I would have loved to catch Sam on the subject!

In meantime, I just read the above fic, Sky, and thanks so much - it's a delightful little story so well written. An example of sometimes "less is more". The author nailed it perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          That was a great scene and really well acted.
          The direction really added as well - the start with a wide shot at AT over DeLancie's shoulder. She looks scary and beautiful at the same time - you KNOW right away Simmons isn't getting anywhere in trying to intimidate Sam. I think it served to show how out-of-touch Simmons is with the people at the SGC. Poor guy just got in over his head. "I could nail you on that alone." Please!
          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

here'sa great little fic

http://sachi.arrr.net/blue.html

it's a foothold tag, sam pov...little rambly cause, you know, she is kinda sleep deprived

and one of the few foothold fic i've ever read
            haha, I read that fic *ages* ago. Was pretty good, for a semi-shippy fic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Well, since everyone is celebrating "something good" from Monday night lineup about J/S, there does seem to be some hope building on that issue. I saw the CB and CJ snips but not Ben nor AT herself ... I would have loved to catch Sam on the subject!
              Previous page, post #34481 by parsifal. You can find clips of Ben, Claudia and Chris and also two or three pages earlier there's a link to AT's clip.

Comment

parsifal posted the links to the vids on the previous page

edit: lol
                edit2: more lol

Comment

In meantime, I just read the above fic, Sky, and thanks so much - it's a delightful little story so well written. An example of sometimes "less is more". The author nailed it perfectly!
                  CG, there was a video of it posted, you can download and watch it.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...26#post5115826

(and here's another great little fic by the same author btw!):
                  http://sachi.arrr.net/allswell.html

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Thanks for the video link! Meant to check out Stargate Monday last night, but work decided to kill me as usual. Definitely going to have to watch this!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      haha, I read that fic *ages* ago. Was pretty good, for a semi-shippy fic
                      Ha ha. Oh come on!

You once said the only reason you ended up on the opposite side of the "ship" fence was because you started out by reading too much cliche!fic and it turned you off. A fic like that should be exactly the RIGHT kind of ship, shouldn't it?

Comment

here's my 'first mission fic'

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/a...erstanding.htm

anyone else write or know of a 'first few missions' fic???

Strix, what was that fic of yours? the one about SAm and the early missions?
                        Sky, hope to read yours soon! RL calls and must get ready for work!

I'm currently writing about Jack and Sam's last mission (end of S8, post-Moebius and fishing at the cabin) - I'm up to Chapter 10 and will post once most of the story is done. Non-shippers, don't bother to visit. I'm looking to bring closure to some outstanding issues from S8 and to make up for the black hole that was S9.

Comment

Sky, hope to read yours soon! RL calls and must get ready for work!

I'm currently writing about Jack and Sam's last mission (end of S8, post-Moebius and fishing at the cabin) - I'm up to Chapter 10 and will post once most of the story is done. Non-shippers, don't bother to visit. I'm looking to bring closure to some outstanding issues from S8 and to make up for the black hole that was S9.
                          You're my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            You're my hero.
                            You're cute and thanks! I hope I live up to your expectations and soon, I promise! I'm quite excited about this story - the Muse always pulls me in new directions.

And Coley has been in the background with her bull whip trying to make sure I'm writing believable dialogue. God, that woman's a tough critic!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              Yep, my eyes glossed over right about there...

Sorry, just hadda be a smartarse like usual.

I watched The Fifth Man last night and was really impressed by how AT played the scene with John DeLancie when she accuses Simmons of being user 4574. WOW. So impressed by how cool and calculating Sam was, and how AT played it perfectly. Overacted it could have been too melodramatic - the way it was done makes me admire the character of Sam even more.
                              wasn't that great!

she had this whole 'you're such an ass, and i KNOW you're an ass. so stop trying to intimidate me you ass' look on her face. this bit of absolute knowledge that shut him down in an instant

and most of that emotion was expressed non-verbally, which is all the more skill and strength because, simmons could have used her words against her, but can't exactly complain 'she looked at me mean'
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I swear I'm going to start my own cult of The Fifth Man. There is just so much to love about that episode. In addition to that rockin Simmons scene, there's the great "It's up to you" scene with Janet which has all sorts of unspoken something-or-other going on.

By the way, does anyone else find it hysterically funny whenever they lock Carter up in a room... with a computer?! Hello!

Comment

Working...
                                X