No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh I must be popular or something, because now my pm box holds 50 messages instead of 30
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Just think of it this way Bink, when the show gets cancelled (probably after S10 ) the oh so new and wonderful characters will probably take the blame (hopefully).
      Be nice!

If the show does get cancelled it will NOT be Mitchell or Vala's fault. It will be the writers and producers faults, but like all *good* producers & writers they'll let the two newest actors take the fall which is very ****ty imho!

*will have to rethink her friendship with Mandy after this.*

sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Oooh I must be popular or something, because now my pm box holds 50 messages instead of 30
        I think it's been that way for a while now. Just be glad you don't have 65,000 new messages like Myrth does. Popular gal, our Myrth.

As to season ten/eleven ... I think there probably will be a season eleven. I think, eventually, they will convince the network to allow another spinoff, at which point SG-1 may be laid to rest, but that might be around season twelve, imho. If I had to take a guess. Otherwise, SG-1 may go on to season fifteen - *gasp* - imagine that!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It would be awesome, but I fear too much to ask on the "new" Sg-1 to explore that kind of character progression.

It would be very cool tho

Originally posted by minigeek
          Oh, and something else I've wanted to see - episode wise - for Carter. We saw her in roles such as Foothold where she was still climbing the ropes of experience, but now after a decade, she's really capable of practically running the whole show herself (by that I mean the SGC, even). So what if something happened, and Landry was ill-equipped to deal with it in the sense that he just didn't have the same background and experience, and Carter had to step in (laterally) and get them out of it again, much like Foothold did, only without the lack of experience, how would things be different this time and what would the story be like? I've often thought about that, she's not the same officer now that she was back then anymore.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
            Spaz and others...if you want to know what the word is, you need to EMAIL me cause Amanda didn't want it known and out of respect for her I'm keeping it off any and all online or chat discussions (until I hear otherwise). So that being said...where's my email asking for the word?

As for the pics...you must have missed the line where I said "the 6 pics I have were not going to be posted last night cause I was TOO FRELLIN' TIRED!!!" If I get time this weekend I'll get them posted and set the link up here. Til then, don't get too excited...I didn't get many of any of the cast cause in case you missed it, my digital sucks rocks when it comes to sitting in ROW P at the con.
            So I am as dense as I seem. Greaaat.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Not dense . I'll never think of you as dense!

I'm not going to be around for a week folks . Everyone have fun !
              I look forward to reading everything when I get back, even though I know it'll be a lot to catch up on .

Thanks again to everyone for Con reports both here and on blogs. It's been a blast to read and feel a part of the whole event .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Aw spaz....don't look at it like that! I don't think you're dense. Just didn't think you read all of the post. Big difference. If I thought you were dense, I would have hit you with a hammer or something to get your attention.

((((((Spaz)))))))
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Be nice!

If the show does get cancelled it will NOT be Mitchell or Vala's fault. It will be the writers and producers faults, but like all *good* producers & writers they'll let the two newest actors take the fall which is very ****ty imho!

*will have to rethink her friendship with Mandy after this.*

Sorry I should have included that, of course it would be the writers and producers faults, for not...well I won't get into that, lets just say they dropped the ball, when they could have had so much more with the characters and plotholes ah I mean plot lines
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just to let you know, that the 3rd and 3 3/4 parts of Avalon pt. 2 commentary transcript are up - HERE Enjoy reading!

Comment

The more you post, the more PMs you can store. Mine holds 100, which I assume is the maximum. Unfortunately I have way too many cute PMs which I hoard. Yes, I'm one of the hoarders of this world *sighs*
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        I agree. I'd be happier with a subtle nod to the relationship-something like 'See you at home or a quick kiss goodbye as Jack heads back to Washington"-than with actually seeing the resolution. I don't trust that the writers can make that anything but cliche and cheesy. But as much as I want that, I wouldn't trade knowing the ship is resolved for more of the sidelined Sam we've had this season.
                        I've got an old scene in mind which could be re-written ... and recast. Sun coming up ... Sam's house ... picture Jack's truck out front instead.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../HouseJack.jpg

Just seeing O'Neill padding out to the truck would keep me happy. (Of course, any other scene beyond that, if handled well, would be a bonus.)

What we all want is for Sam to keep her integrity and strength and not be sacrificed on the altar of ship. Here's another worry that one of our Samandans shared privately with me. Are the writers just concentrating on giving Sam screen time and resolution with Jack in S10 in order to send them both off into the sunset in S11?! Er, that's a bit disturbing ... ya think that could happen?
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 April 2006, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I've got an old scene in mind which could be re-written ... and recast. Sun coming up ... Sam's house ... picture Jack's truck out front instead.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../HouseJack.jpg

Just seeing O'Neill padding out to the truck would keep me happy. (Of course, any other scene beyond that, if handled well, would be a bonus.)

What we all want is for Sam to keep her integrity and strength and not be sacrificed on the altar of ship. Here's another worry that one of our Samandans shared privately with me. Are the writers just concentrating on giving Sam screen time and resolution with Jack in S10 in order to send them both off into the sunset in S11?! Er, that's a bit disturbing ... ya think that could happen?
                          I've heard several people make the same comment seeing as Amanda said she was staying for 200 out of loyalty. They claim ship is an easy way to give Sam an excuse to leave. Remember what Amanda always said about Sam getting pregnant? If she had kids, she'd leave the SGC?
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I've heard several people make the same comment seeing as Amanda said she was staying for 200 out of loyalty. They claim ship is an easy way to give Sam an excuse to leave. Remember what Amanda always said about Sam getting pregnant? If she had kids, she'd leave the SGC?

I don't think AT would ever want Sam to have kids with Jack. That is not what Sam is about. She wouldn't give up working with SG and being on SG-1 to raise children when there are threats out there in the galaxy. AT has also mentioned how important Sam's work is to her.

It may be that TPTB think this may be the last season for SG-1, and Jack should be a part of that. I think they had to try to get RDA for "200" because it would not seem right without him there in this episode. That RDA offered to do some other episodes--IMO this has the potential to help the show and increase ratings.

Maybe they will try to wrap up the Sam/Jack storyline and still have Sam continue to be a part of SG-1 or go to Atlantis. I have to say, it would be quite sad for me if Sam is reduced to being Jack's wife having children, given her role after all these years in SG-1 (and therefore leave the SGC). I don't think it is a bad position in general for women, but for Sam, it would be a slap in the face for all that she has done in terms of her science and military skills in the context of this show to just send her off with Jack and not still continue to fight the enemy.

I don't think AT is in season 10 just for loyalty. I think she wants to continue because she likes being on the show, but I can't really know for sure. I think she does or did have concerns about Sam's place on the show. And hopefully Sam's place on the show will be central and strong in season 10 with or without any ship (as it had been for many seasons). I don't mind subtle ship, but I'm much more interested in Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c's fight and struggle as a team against enemies than any clearcut romance between the characters.

Comment

1.4 COMING
                              sigpic

Comment

Where does she say she's staying for the 200th episode out of loyalty? Because that REALLY doesn't sound like something AT would say. That's kind of a dig to the show-implying there are no other reasons for her to stay, and I can't see AT ever making such a statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X