Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    that's a good one. Or at least have her take him outside, around the corner and somewhere private
    Oops, read this too fast. I thought you were referring to the above picture of RDA and taking *him* around the corner. (jckfan waggles eyebrows)

Comment

It's not really a rewrite to the end of an episode, but I'm still really disappointed that the scenes between Sam and Daniel in Full Circle were cut. The fact that Daniel never came to Sam during season six always bothered me. There were plenty of times when Daniel could have offered Sam support. He could have came to her in Metamorphosis. I could see Sam laying in the cell thinking she was going to die and looking over and seeing Daniel sitting across from her. She would have thought she was hallucinating. Teal'c would have seen her talking to thin air and known.

I'm sure it was a matter of time constraints and budgetary issues, but I really think it was wrong on the writers/editors part never to have Daniel talk to Sam and for them never to show Sam's hurt when she found out that he had come to Teal'c and Jack several times. At the very least, I think an explanation of why really should have been included in Full Circle, but it seems things like this regarding Sam is always the first thing that gets left on the cutting room floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        It's not really a rewrite to the end of an episode, but I'm still really disappointed that the scenes between Sam and Daniel in Full Circle were cut. The fact that Daniel never came to Sam during season six always bothered me. There were plenty of times when Daniel could have offered Sam support. He could have came to her in Metamorphosis.

I could see Sam laying in the cell thinking she was going to die and looking over and seeing Daniel sitting across from her. She would have thought she was hallucinating. Teal'c would have seen her talking to thin air and known. I'm sure it' was all about budgetary issues, but I really think it was wrong on the writers/editors part never to have Daniel talk to Sam and for them never to show Sam's hurt when she found out that he had come to Teal'c and Jack several times. At the very least, I think an explanation of why really should have been included in Full Circle, but it seems things like this regarding Sam is always the first thing that get's left on the cutting room floor.
        A visit from Daniel to Sam in 'Metamorphasis' would have been nice.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          I feel it necessary to interject at this point and mention that Jell-O shooters are best with vanilla rum.

That is all.
          JellY shots are best with sloe gin.

(though I haven't tried the vanilla rum, so my firm assertion could have a foundation of mere sandy ignorance)
          scarimor

Comment

Shades of Gray - I've often wondered what if Sam had been the mole instead of Makepeace..?
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              A visit from Daniel to Sam in 'Metamorphasis' would have been nice.
              Jack and Teal'c were both essentially on their own when Daniel visited them. Sam wasn't alone in "Metamorphosis".

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Shades of Gray - I've often wondered what if Sam had been the mole instead of Makepeace..?
                Or what if she had been the one recruited to infiltrate the group instead of Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                  I also would have changed the ending to Ascension-I would have dealt with the fact that her team didn't trust her-for support her. I would have liked her to have been pissed at them, and really felt they should have apologized. Ascension is, for that reason, the episode I most hate in all nine years of Stargate.
                  yeah, ascension was another that was dealt with poorly. here is sam, used to trusting these boys implicitly...and thier first reaction to 'i have an alien in my house' is to pat her on the head and tell her to go take a hot bath

shame on them after all they've seen and dealt with to dismiss her so easily

IMHO, there should have been some serious fallout from that. Sam not trusting them or even wanting to transfer. I think she'd be that hurt and feel betrayed
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    or, what if she'd gotten onto what makepeace was doing and got caught in the middle?

how about her facing having two co's in a row turn rogue?

sigpic

Comment

or, what if she'd gotten onto what makepeace was doing and got caught in the middle?

how about her facing having two co's in a row turn rogue?
                      That would have been good.

I'd have liked to make 'Shades of Grey' a double episode to have time to show how Sam was managing under Makepeace's command. He said that she accepted his command with no problems, but if Daniel and Teal'c weren't cooperating, poor Sam would have been stuck in the middle.

Comment

and, personally, i can see makepeace holding sam accountable....expectng her to keep the boys in line.

i don't quite see makepeace as evil as some fic writers have made him, but i do think that he would not be all sweet and nice.

add to that any male/female issues, air force/marine issues and i would imagine a wee bit of 'you said you were going back to blow the shield generator, not to rescue your boss' issues

i think that sam's tenure under makepeace would not have been a good time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

And Sky... this year on SVU has been frustrating the living beejeezus outta long time viewers.. lol.. but yeah.. the finale looks very interesting, should make for some good drama for a coupla weeks... I should tell you about Mariska & Chris sometime
                          Maybe you can tell us in the Blue Jello Corner?

Comment

yeah, ascension was another that was dealt with poorly. here is sam, used to trusting these boys implicitly...and thier first reaction to 'i have an alien in my house' is to pat her on the head and tell her to go take a hot bath

shame on them after all they've seen and dealt with to dismiss her so easily

IMHO, there should have been some serious fallout from that. Sam not trusting them or even wanting to transfer. I think she'd be that hurt and feel betrayed
                            It's funny, but I never looked at Ascension in that way. I always felt that the "team" did support her, even if they were doubtful at first. When I view Ascension, I continue to be drawn into the story of an ascended being, so lonely, so longing for human contact, that upon "viewing" Sam's spirit, he finds himself unable to leave her. He "descends", fully knowing the consequences, and Sam, being the compassionate and empathic person she is, does the only thing possible in the situation.....she begins to have strong feelings for Orlin and tries to shield him from harm. I never got the feeling that she felt betrayed by Jack or Danny or Teal'c. And though I was livid when her house continued to be monitored, I also realized that it was something that had to be done, as someone with Sam's background and clearance couldn't be allowed to possibly be influenced by an alien presence.

Does any of that make any sense?
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              It's funny, but I never looked at Ascension in that way. I always felt that the "team" did support her, even if they were doubtful at first. When I view Ascension, I continue to be drawn into the story of an ascended being, so lonely, so longing for human contact, that upon "viewing" Sam's spirit, he finds himself unable to leave her. He "descends", fully knowing the consequences, and Sam, being the compassionate and empathic person she is, does the only thing possible in the situation.....she begins to have strong feelings for Orlin and tries to shield him from harm. I never got the feeling that she felt betrayed by Jack or Danny or Teal'c. And though I was livid when her house continued to be monitored, I also realized that it was something that had to be done, as someone with Sam's background and clearance couldn't be allowed to possibly be influenced by an alien presence.

Does any of that make any sense?
                              Jack did back her up in the end about authorizing her to gather information, even though he hadn't exactly given her an order in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                That would have been good.

I'd have liked to make 'Shades of Grey' a double episode to have time to show how Sam was managing under Makepeace's command. He said that she accepted his command with no problems, but if Daniel and Teal'c weren't cooperating, poor Sam would have been stuck in the middle.
                                yeah, she accepted Bauer's command too in Chain Reaction. Didn't mean she was happy with it, but she's a professional soldier--(airman, for AF?).

Comment

Working...
                                X