Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Thanks Deejay. And guess who's winning with 65% of the votes. Listen up, PTB, they don't want your boy!
    little better
    46 65.71%
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by giggles
      Happy Birthday, Strix varia.
      Thanks! It's been very special.

And thank you for the balloons, gianthonkinamazongeek!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Thanks! It's been very special.

And thank you for the balloons, gianthonkinamazongeek!
        You're just not gonna let that go, are you Strix??
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Guys - I know Amanda's said some neat (borderline inspirational) stuff at Conventions or in interviews over the years, such as a quote I saw posted recently from a question she was asked about how she'd like to be remembered. Can't remember the verbatim words she used off the top of my head, but I recall it was a very poignant reply. So I was wondering - does anyone have any other quotes like that from AT they have saved, or can recall, from over the years? Things that might have touched you or made you smile?

mini
          geek
          Here's one thing I remember from the Chicago Con, a year ago - When asked about what she thought of the new doctors on SG1 she said they were good actors BUT they weren't Teryl, that nobody could replace Teryl and she got a little choked up then came out with one of those smiles that just warm your heart...

When asked why she always seemed to be the one who carried the heavy stuff, even though there are three big strong guys on her team - she smiloed and said RDA had bad knees, Christopher, bad knees and bad back and Michael just didn't want to do it - then she grinned..

I'll see if I can remember anymore...

starprops

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
            When asked why she always seemed to be the one who carried the heavy stuff, even though there are three big strong guys on her team - she smiloed and said RDA had bad knees, Christopher, bad knees and bad back and Michael just didn't want to do it - then she grinned..

starprops
            Priceless, hehehe
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              My view is that SG-1 won't have the solid ratings it needs to go with a spinoff if they continue in the direction they are going. The ratings are significantly lower than last year at this time (and somewhat lower than compared to season 7 at this time). I know there are other factors going on, but this trend of falling ratings in the second half has only happened in season 9 while on Scifi. Seasons 6,7, and 8 second halves have all done consistently better than the first halves.

JM mentioned awhile ago that 2.0 is solid and that is what they hoped for. This is not happening, although maybe the ratings will climb back up for these last five episodes.

To get a spinoff or continue with SG-1 in season 11, the ratings have to get better again. IMO, the only way to do this is to bring back the original three of Carter, Daniel and Teal'c to the forefront in season 10. I don't think TPTB get that, nor do they care, but I think if they don't do this in season 10, it's over for good. Clearly, I could be completely wrong!
              You know, I think they can bring the ratings back if they would just address a few things.

1) They really need to get a handle on Mitchell's character one way or the other. Personally, I would like to see him written as a mature, competent adult, somebody I could actually believe was a leader of SG-1, if that's the route they insist on taking. Enthusiasm is good, but make it smart enthusiasm instead of slapstick.

2) They need to start paying attention to detail again. I don't know if they're going through a collective stage of burnout, but the quality just isn't the same. Plot holes, continuity errors, lines written for characters that just don't seem to be in character... missed opportunities (why no scene between Sam and Janet????)... all of these seem to be dragging things down, at least for me.

3) I'm not sure about this one, but it seems like there's more emphasis on humor this season, at the expense of drama. Now, one of the reasons I've always loved Stargate is because it does have a lighthearted feel to it. BSG is so intense there are days I just don't even want to watch it. But this season, it seems like they are... I don't know... trying too hard to make it funny, and not trying hard enough to make it dramatic. I missed Ethon, though, so maybe that episode would have taken care of that.

My LJ

Comment

You're just not gonna let that go, are you Strix??
                Hey, if she's going to call me Feathers, I'm going to call her GHAG.
                Unless, of course, she asks me to quit.

My LJ

Comment

Oh I can see it now.

*Daniel's been knocked unconscious (yet again) Jack looks to Teal'c*
                  Jack: Teal'c you want to pick Danny up and carry him back to the gate?
                  Teal'c: I would O'Neill, but you know my back is bothering me.
                  Jack: Well with my bad knees, I can't do it.
                  *Sam looks at the two men staring down at Daniel, then goes over and picks him up into a fireman's carry*
                  Sam: Well are you two coming?
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Oh I can see it now.

*Daniel's been knocked unconscious (yet again) Jack looks to Teal'c*
                    Jack: Teal'c you want to pick Danny up and carry him back to the gate?
                    Teal'c: I would O'Neill, but you know my back is bothering me.
                    Jack: Well with my bad knees, I can't do it.
                    *Sam looks at the two men staring down at Daniel, then goes over and picks him up into a fireman's carry*
                    Sam: Well are you two coming?
                    Isn't that how we pictured the MacGyver Simpsons ep a while back? Sam bursts in and rescues Rick?

Comment

LOL!! Is that a silent G on GHAG?

-

minigeek(hey, the 'mini' is silent!)
                      Hahahahaha. Glad you said it, not me!

Comment

Hahahahaha. Glad you said it, not me!
                        LOL, oh please, the way I looked this morning? That is totally a silent G.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

LOL, oh please, the way I looked this morning? That is totally a silent G.
                          Now you've said that I know you looked gorgeous.

Comment

Dude, Tracy, I've been meaning to ask you: What does your avatar mean?
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 17 February 2006, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Alas, I was actually serious. It was scary. I think even my dog was distressed. Hence the icon.

I'm cursed (or blessed, as the case may be) with shockingly curly red hair. Some mornings, I'd swear an entire family of ferrets held a festival on my head overnight. Scary is the right word, I promise. At least until I attack the celebration with water!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Alas, I was actually serious. It was scary. I think even my dog was distressed. Hence the icon.

I'm cursed (or blessed, as the case may be) with shockingly curly red hair. Some mornings, I'd swear an entire family of ferrets held a festival on my head overnight. Scary is the right word, I promise. At least until I attack the celebration with water!
                                Isn't there some kind of warning you're supposed to post beforehand in case one is drinking?

And don't worry - I totally understand what you mean in the hair department.

Comment

Working...
                                X