Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Dude, Tracy, I've been meaning to ask you: What does your avatar mean?
    It's supposed to be STAKS: Kirking is banned here.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      It's supposed to be STAKS: Kirking is banned here.
      Haha, you need Shatner's head in there, then. Early Shatner.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        I'll pm you with more info if you want, but I didn't think I should post the entire interview. I actually only left out one paragraph.

and here it is
        "I am ‘Exposition Girl’, but I think there is more of a balance in the show as to who is explaining what. There’s a lot of different mythology going on – and as much as we’re dealing with the technobabble aspects of the Ori, we’re also dealing with the mythology, and that’s Daniel’s department, as it always has been. So there is a balance."

NC
        Thanks for posting this extra piece NC (emphasis added my me). I know some do not agree with, or like, what I said about the interview, but this little tidbit reinforces for me that AT is towing the line and perhaps not saying certain things and trying to put a "good spin" on it (it is a paycheck for her and her family, it is steady, known quantity, work and that is fine). I make my statements and I stand by them especially in light of the fact that earlier on in S9 there was an interview with AT in which she specifically said she did NOT want to be "exposition girl" that she would not be too happy if that happened in S9. Well here we have her saying that IT HAS happened, and it clearly has, she IS expostion girl in S9.

Couple that with the fact that we al know at the end of S8 she did that interview in which she was very jazzed and very enthusiastic about Carter being able to really lead in S9 and she did not get to do that.

These two things are very telling for me because of her honesty and openess in those earlier interviews about what she wanted for the character and how she saw the character being able to grow and based on the tone of this interview and the fact that she unequivocaly states she IS exposition girl, plus she is not leader, she is barely even co-leader, of SG1, I feel that the interview is towing the party line - she was very open and honest at the end of S8 about what she wanted and what she hoped for and she was very clear early in S9 that she did NOT want to be expostion girl and both of the things she felt strongly about have not gone the way she, or the majority of her fans wanted therefore I draw my conclusions from that.

I feel bad for AT and for her fans - it is unfair and it is a bad way to go with the character and a very bad way to treat AT after she has been so loyal and done such a great job for these knuckleheads.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Alas, I was actually serious. It was scary. I think even my dog was distressed. Hence the icon.

I'm cursed (or blessed, as the case may be) with shockingly curly red hair. Some mornings, I'd swear an entire family of ferrets held a festival on my head overnight. Scary is the right word, I promise. At least until I attack the celebration with water!
          Well at least you'll be easy to pick out when photos from Gabit come out
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Over the years they have annonced that "this may be the last year of Stargate SG1"

Here were some of my reactions:

At the end of S6 : No they can't cancel Stargate, it's still a great show and Jonas was such a good addition to the show.

At the end of S7: But they can't cancel it, Daniel just came back and it's still such a good show.

At the end of S8: Oh well that would have been a good way to end the show, but I want to see how Sam leads the team with a new member. I hope they write a good reason for AT's absence.

Season 9 Hmm? oh well if it keeps on going like this I won't miss the show if it's cancelled. What the hell are the writers thinking.

Season10: VALA, wow this could be worse than S9, if that's possible?

Hmm? AT, MS and CJ, how about their own show, The new Charlie's Angels
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Alas, I was actually serious. It was scary. I think even my dog was distressed. Hence the icon.

I'm cursed (or blessed, as the case may be) with shockingly curly red hair. Some mornings, I'd swear an entire family of ferrets held a festival on my head overnight. Scary is the right word, I promise. At least until I attack the celebration with water!
              I don't envy you with the curls, I have to say, my hair is unruly and I hate it. Thankfully, the curls are Torri Higginson style, making them easy to attack with a pair of hair straighteners. As for red hair, I adore red hair, I really do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Over the years they have annonced that "this may be the last year of Stargate SG1"

Here were some of my reactions:

At the end of S6 : No they can't cancel Stargate, it's still a great show and Jonas was such a good addition to the show.

At the end of S7: But they can't cancel it, Daniel just came back and it's still such a good show.

At the end of S8: Oh well that would have been a good way to end the show, but I want to see how Sam leads the team with a new member. I hope they write a good reason for AT's absence.

Season 9 Hmm? oh well if it keeps on going like this I won't miss the show if it's cancelled. What the hell are the writers thinking.

Season10: VALA, wow this could be worse than S9, if that's possible?

Hmm? AT, MS and CJ, how about their own show, The new Charlie's Angels
                Oh yeah, I totally agree with almost everything you said, except the bit about Season 10. They've done a sucktastic job with the show since Vala's absence, so it really has little to do with her. I would blame it on their sucky tag-teaming bit between sucking it up with Vala's integration and then sucking it up with Cameron's integration, but part of me feels like if it hadn't been Vala, and if it hadn't been Cameron, it would have been some other sucky decision that would ultimately produce another sucky product - Sam, Teal'c and Daniel included. I've been trying not to feel jaded, but I can't help but feel like it's more than one variable at work here. Vala and Cameron are just the tip of the iceberg I guess.

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally agree with almost everything you said, except the bit about Season 10. They've done a sucktastic job with the show since Vala's absence, so it really has little to do with her. I would blame it on their sucky tag-teaming bit between sucking it up with Vala's integration and then sucking it up with Cameron's integration, but part of me feels like if it hadn't been Vala, and if it hadn't been Cameron, it would have been some other sucky decision that would ultimately produce another sucky product - Sam, Teal'c and Daniel included. I've been trying not to feel jaded, but I can't help but feel like it's more than one variable at work here. Vala and Cameron are just the tip of the iceberg I guess.
                  I only think that when they bring Vala on as a regular cast member, she will take away from the original 3, and many more lines can Teal'c afford to lose? Are they even going to take away his trade mark reactions. Poor guy won't get a word in edge wise when Vala and Daniel start to talk.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL, oh please, the way I looked this morning? That is totally a silent G.
                    So, in the morning, you are a mini-eek? Or is that a gianthonkinamazon-eek? Oh wait... wrong "G"...

My LJ

Comment

A Big Happy Birthday to SV!!
                      Last edited by Coley; 17 February 2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I only think that when they bring Vala on as a regular cast member, she will take away from the original 3, and many more lines can Teal'c afford to lose? Are they even going to take away his trade mark reactions. Poor guy won't get a word in edge wise when Vala and Daniel start to talk.
                        See, this is why Season 10 is so markedly off. At first we were concerned that AT/Sam wouldn't be in as many episodes, and that she'd be split between Atlantis and SG-1. Well, she's still slated for eps over there, but we still don't know how many, right? And now the same goes for Daniel, who is Vala's most likely sparring partner.

I know this has been discussed before (Sky's the scariest prophet of them all), but that would do one of two things: 1) Open the door for more interaction between Vala and Sam and Vala and Teal'c or 2) Open the door for more intereaction SOLELY between Vala and Cameron - specifically in Sam's and Daniel's absences. As others have asked, will they synchronize Daniel and Sam's absences so that one is there when the other is gone? Or will they have an ep where Daniel and Sam are both in Atlantis at the same time? (And, for the sake of the Atlantis cast/characters, I hope that never ever happens.)

It's very disturbing when AT's and MS' schedules are the only ones which are up in the air, while CB and BB are pretty much set in stone. Or maybe they're not? And you're right: How many more lines can Teal'c spare to lose? He's ALWAYS been marginalized in the past, but Seasons Eight and Nine were supposed to be different.

It's just that if Sam is going to be on Atlantis even twice, that leaves more opportunities for Cameron to continue "leading" SG-1 on his own, with Vala, Teal'c and Daniel on his heels. And if Daniel is on Atlantis all of those times, it seems like it'll leave more opportunities for Vala to interact with Cameron, with Sam and Teal'c on their heels.

I dunno which is worse.

Anyway, I'm rambling. This series lacks no structure, no sense of logic, and it's so disjointed, that ANYTHING is up for grabs. Season Ten has the potential to either improve upon Season Nine's crappiness or build upon it.

/rambling

Comment

Happy Birthday Buffy, erm I mean Strix varia

Sorry. to anyone who doesn't get The Chosen One referal

Comment

Did he *ever* get chance to fit a word in edgeways?

Comment

See, this is why Season 10 is so markedly off. At first we were concerned that AT/Sam wouldn't be in as many episodes, and that she'd be split between Atlantis and SG-1. Well, she's still slated for eps over there, but we still don't know how many, right? And now the same goes for Daniel, who is Vala's most likely sparring partner.

I know this has been discussed before (Sky's the scariest prophet of them all), but that would do one of two things: 1) Open the door for more interaction between Vala and Sam and Vala and Teal'c or 2) Open the door for more intereaction SOLELY between Vala and Cameron - specifically in Sam's and Daniel's absences. As others have asked, will they synchronize Daniel and Sam's absences so that one is there when the other is gone? Or will they have an ep where Daniel and Sam are both in Atlantis at the same time? (And, for the sake of the Atlantis cast/characters, I hope that never ever happens.)

It's very disturbing when AT's and MS' schedules are the only ones which are up in the air, while CB and BB are pretty much set in stone? Or maybe they're not? And you're right: How many more lines can Teal'c spare to lose? He's ALWAYS been marginalized in the past, but Seasons Eight and Nine were supposed to be different.

It's just that if Sam is going to be in Atlantis even twice, that leaves more opportunities for Cameron to continue "leading" SG-1 on his own, with Vala, Teal'c and Daniel on his heels. And if Daniel is in Atlantis all of those times, it seems like it'll leave more opportunities for Vala to interact with Cameron, with Sam and Teal'c on their heels.

I dunno which is worse.

Anyway, I'm rambling. This series lacks no structure, no sense of logic, and it's so disjointed, that ANYTHING is up in the air. It has the potential to either improve upon Season Nine's crappiness or build upon it.

/rambling
                              Sam and this show slowly *died*
                              9. season is funeral of SG
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                                Sam and this show slowly *died*
                                9. season is funeral of SG
                                Yeah.

OK, positive vibes, positive vibes. ( /me kicks self )

Kat and Sky are normally good at coming up with games! What did you guys play yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                                X