• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Time to bump up

Psst! Hey Carter! I'm over here.
    Oh yeah, he's over there

Damn, I played the who's your Stargate boyfriend, and Jack was the last one at 8%. But I got a tie between Daniel and Ronon Dex at 58%. Don't even know that character, I'm still at season 1 of Atlantis.
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

About the team dynamic. You have to remember that there's a new character in the team. It changes things. Ok, it shouldn't have changed things between Sam, Daniel and T, but the new guy is not. It takes time to create that kind of feelings between two and more people. TPTB couldn't have created the same dynamic between the old and the new team. It would have been unrealistic.

Haven't seen Ethon yet, so I can't comment on it ... yet

Oh, and we also had rain today upper up north in Canada. Crazy winter here, let me tell ya. Doesn't feel like February at all. Good for the electric bill though
      sigpic
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
        Oh yeah, he's over there

Damn, I played the who's your Stargate boyfriend, and Jack was the last one at 8%. But I got a tie between Daniel and Ronon Dex at 58%. Don't even know that character, I'm still at season 1 of Atlantis.
        Yea well at least you didn't get Rodney (hides head in shame)
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
          Oh, and we also had rain today upper up north in Canada. Crazy winter here, let me tell ya. Doesn't feel like February at all. Good for the electric bill though
          Psst. Don't talk about the Canadian weather minigeek might get angry (Jk )
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Yea well at least you didn't get Rodney (hides head in shame)
            Yeah, read about that. There IS a God, for me at least. You have my sympathies.
            sigpic

Comment

I had an horrible thought a few weeks ago, about RE. You do realize that
              Spoiler:
              SG-1 lost !!!! Ok, it wasn't our team, it was black team. But they were 2 close realities. SG-1 lost. We're doomed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                re: Ethon

Spoiler:

Regarding the command issue on the Prometheus, I was displeased that Carter didn't clearly make a decision.
                Spoiler:
                me too. but hey, we must let newguy be the one to decide everything. (he also took teal'c's piloting role)

hey, maybe mitchell will be blamed for everything.

sally

ps - i'm scared right now... we just had a weird earthquake thingie. or, an explosion somewhere. either way... i'm scarededed.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  Spoiler:
                  me too. but hey, we must let newguy be the one to decide everything. (he also took teal'c's piloting role)

hey, maybe mitchell will be blamed for everything.

sally

ps - i'm scared right now... we just had a weird earthquake thingie. or, an explosion somewhere. either way... i'm scarededed.
                  wow really? that's spooky
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I hope everything is alright, what part of what country are you in? If you don't mind my asking?
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      i know. but i draw a line between getting the team back together and TAKING OVER said team. u can't give a pilot the front line time because he's a hero, u have to do it on merit or ur risking the mission and people's lives. i wouldn't be so annoyed if they told us his experience and why he has seniority (or, more accurately, doesn't have it since TPTB haven't exactly made the chain of command clear).
                      from all that we know of both characters, Sam should be CO. if they're going to make her that, do it. if not, make it mitchell, but tell us why. their AF correspondents must have told them u have to have a clear chain of command (i could rack off a good number of instances in which people not knowing the CoC has hurt my flight).

that's all i've ever asked for - EX.PLA.NA.TION. i *see* co-command, but... why don't they just come out and say that sam's mentoring mitchell or something?

*sighs*... i'll always look at this command issue as the biggest 'what might have been' for sam carter...

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Oh and another great Sam moment from Ethon:
                        Spoiler:
                        her being typically heroic staying at her post to get the power set up so others could get off the Prometheus. She risked getting blown up with the ship. *We* knew she'd get out, but *she* didn't. Loved how AT played ordering the guy to go. Just a quiet order, no histrionics--but you knew she knew the potential consequences.
                        speaking of that 'ethon' scene -

Spoiler:
                        did anyone think that guy sam was ordering around was weird? do you think he might be a spy?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Spoiler:

**I think what we saw on the Prometheus was neither Sam or Mitchell wanting to make a decision that would possibly cause harm to Daniel. By attacking the satellite, they were more than likely sentencing Daniel to death because they didn't believe the Rand President would allow him to live after being attacked. I think both were hoping the other would make the final call. I think under any other circumstance they both would have made a much quicker decision. If you think about it, SG-1 and the Prometheus were here to help the planet, but we had nothing really to gain by our interaction other than the fact that we may be slowing the Ori down a bit. The idea of losing Daniel inorder to save a planet that they had no real interest probably weighed very heavy on their minds.
                          thank you! i forgot the reasons behind what was going on. it actually makes me feel better on many levels.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

speaking of that 'ethon' scene -

Spoiler:
                            did anyone think that guy sam was ordering around was weird? do you think he might be a spy?

sally
                            Actually I think
                            Spoiler:
                            he was yet another soldier who was in awe of the great Lt. Col. Sam Carter and she did save his butt. So there's another one to add to the list of admirers
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

While I was watching Ethon last night, I kept thinking that Desiree Zurowski, the actress who played Minister Chaska looked really familiar. When someone noted that it was good to see how she and Sam interacted, I thought that seemed familiar too. I could have sworn that she played Brenna, the plant manager in Beneath the Surface, but when I looked it up, that was a different actress, Alison Matthews. But, I did find that Desiree was in New Ground, playing the second in command to the annoying guy with the limp. (she was the one who stuck the big needles in SG-1’s necks) Here are some pictures that show the three characters.

On the side by side comparison, I can see the differences, but does anyone else see the similarities? Or, maybe it's just the hair.

NC(thinking maybe I need to move up that visit to the eye doctor)

Comment

they are very similar. good catch

ooh, we're gonna hit post 28,000 tonight, 18 more posts to go so...who's gonna get it????
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X