Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Wow it's hard to believe that a new year will begin in just under 24hr hours. What really amazes me is when I think that Stargate is going on it's tenth year. Ten years. I can't believe I've been watching this show for nearly a decade. That's the longest I have ever watched any television series.

I know I've had my issues with certain storylines, but I have to admit that overall it's been a wonderful ride. Like Amanda mentioned in her interview, many of us have had the opportunity to make new friends here on Gateworld and the Samanda thread or at Stargate conventions thanks to our shared interested in the show and Amanda. It's really great to have a place where I can come and chat with other people who really get what I'm talking about and who don't look at me funny when I start explaining my favorite show. A year ago I would have never thought that would be possible.

I'm really looking forward to meeting more of my fellow Samandans at the upcoming Cons. Hopefully the new year will have many good things in store for us all, especially concerning our gal Sam and the always charming and witty Amanda.
    Well-said, Kat! I totally agree. Here's to many more years ( ) of this wild ride. I've only been on for a few years now, but I know I'm definitely hooked.

Sorry if I haven't exactly contributed to any intelligent convos when I do come on! I hope you guys have a wonderful new year!

And Amanda Tapping, if you're even braving this forum still, you totally rock!

Comment

hehehehe, new smileys

just had to get that outta my system

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Well-said, Kat! I totally agree. Here's to many more years ( ) of this wild ride. I've only been on for a few years now, but I know I'm definitely hooked.

Sorry if I haven't exactly contributed to any intelligent convos when I do come on! I hope you guys have a wonderful new year!

IN-DEED-Y! I feel like I don't contribute much - prolonged lack of sleep/changing diapers has eroded my profundity. I find YOU PEOPLE much more interesting than discussing the 'ins and outs of naquadah generators" (quote nicked from Mazz).

Thanks for making this a home for people like me as well as for people like Mini and Goolf. I so appreciate reading the depth and breadth of all the discussion in Samanda.

If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          YUCK! Not the candied yams! That's just nasty!
          I despise candied yams. So I'll lob a nice fresh apple pie your way....

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            Ah, Geeky Carter, the Best Carter of all the Alternate Realities.
            Absolutely, without a doubt, no contest, not a chance for the competition.
            You knows it, spaz.

The really weird thing is, I've still not reached that point in my journey through the mythology of SG-1 and Sam, but can't help feeling a certain je ne sais quoi every time I see Geek!Sam. *

And while we're on the subject of Geek!Sam, I wonder when Geek!Lys is going to get her derriere over here to join in the Geek!Love...

On edit:

*Of course, that's not to say that Soldier!Sam doesn't push certain buttons too...
            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 30 December 2005, 04:34 AM.

Comment

I just had a WILD thought...what if one of us *was* AT? Who would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                You knows it, spaz.

The really weird thing is, I've still not reached that point in my journey through the mythology of SG-1 and Sam, but can't help feeling a certain je ne sais quoi every time I see Geek!Sam.

And while we're on the subject of Geek!Sam, I wonder when Geek!Lys is going to get her derriere over here to join in the Geek!Love...
                I LOVE geeky Sam. She makes me laugh so hard. I totally relate to her, what with being in a male-dominated field with said male managers ripping off my work and passing it off as their own and not even saying as much as a thank you! I was thinking of dressing as Geeky Sam - complete with life vest - for Shore Leave....

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Wow it's hard to believe that a new year will begin in just under 24hr hours. What really amazes me is when I think that Stargate is going on it's tenth year. Ten years. I can't believe I've been watching this show for nearly a decade. That's the longest I have ever watched any television series.

I know I've had my issues with certain storylines, but I have to admit that overall it's been a wonderful ride. Like Amanda mentioned in her interview, many of us have had the opportunity to make new friends here on Gateworld and the Samanda thread or at Stargate conventions thanks to our shared interested in the show and Amanda. It's really great to have a place where I can come and chat with other people who really get what I'm talking about and who don't look at me funny when I start explaining my favorite show. A year ago I would have never thought that would be possible.

I'm really looking forward to meeting more of my fellow Samandans at the upcoming Cons. Hopefully the new year will have many good things in store for us all, especially concerning our gal Sam and the always charming and witty Amanda.
                  Well, speaking as somebody who's not even been on the ride for a year yet (but is cramming to try and catch up - just two more eps of S6 to go, then I need another box of DVD's off the Royal Accountant ), I have to say it's been a blast, and I too am hooked (hook, line, and sinker ).
                  Likewise, on all counts!!!
                  Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    I just had a WILD thought...what if one of us *was* AT? Who would it be?
                    Well, it ain't me (no, really... ).

I reckon I can also personally vouch for Coley, ChopinGal, ForeverSg1, and dipsofjazz.

Or at least, I can personally vouch for people who claim to be Coley, ChopinGal, ForeverSg1, and dipsofjazz...
                    Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 30 December 2005, 05:01 AM.

Comment

just playing with all the new smilies
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

aint' me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                          Well, it ain't me (no, really... ).
                          actually, given the people can read without logging in, anyone could lurk here

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

just playing with all the new smilies
                            I adore this one! Who do we have to thank for all these?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              actually, given the people can read without logging in, anyone could lurk here
                              So true. I have a buddy who SWEARS he knows that Mariah Carey is on a board he frequents. I used to think he was insane.....now I KNOW he is. Not only that, but I've joined him.....

P.S. I too am enjoying the new smileys and SO appreciate that they included JONAS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                I adore this one! Who do we have to thank for all these?

Comment

Working...
                                X