No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing but respect for Amanda Tapping. From all accounts, she is a down-to-Earth person. Which is great for a celebrity. And I give her credit for continuing to be a part of this great show even with the birth of her new baby. Now she's never done working. I just don't see how anyone could not respect her as a person and actress.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I'm not sure...I thought it was by the use if it earlier so I'm just fleshing out what I thought was requested... LOL. Alright you...get on MSN por favor...

Gah I can't - have to download it here. Hang on a bit. I'm on my mac laptop not my pc.

PS-> sometimes i forget i'm not in the studio with people when i make comments/crits of stuff, so please no one be offended. I realized after my last post it might have seemed arrogant/blunt to chevronseven but please know it's just me being ....me, and i fall into habits because i work with artists every day and we all throw these kinds of comments around.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Oh I like that font, chevronseven!

I'd pump up your S a little bit and maybe play with the awesome serif on that font a bit like - maybe duplicate part of the tail of the "a" (the one in front of the Point of Origin) to show up in front of the symbol as well as behind it - so it gives the illusion that the tail is winding around the symbol. A tiny bit of layer trickery involved but it'd give it a hint of three dimensionality. What font is that? It's a lot like Uber's awesome font in her sig!
        Thank you! It's called Scriptina. I'll try and play with it a bit, but I created that on the regular paint program and PictureIt! software. I don't have all the bells and whistles. I'll see what I can do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          I don't spend that much time. It was something I happened accross.

Should this thread perhaps be merged archived with the Samanda thread?
          Can we please NOT merge? This is about the Actress and specifically reasons why I (and I guess others) respect her so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
            lol well I dont really wanna say im an actor because Ive only done a few independent films and been an extra in a few bigger films, but im wanting to get into acting as well.
            its a tough old world and unfortunately its not quite as easy as going up to MGM and handing them pics of yourself
            I bet, but I have a unique look so it shouldn't be too hard. I have some of the BEST hair you can find on a male lol

Comment

Uber, I've got MSN woes here, sorry, it won't install (for reasons I won't bother to elaborate on ... suffice it to say I don't feel like doing what I have to do to get it to work just now, lazy butt that I am ! ) We can do PMs tho if ya like? I'm on the old mac laptop too, my newer one is at the studio so i don't even have photoshop on this one here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                Thank you! It's called Scriptina. I'll try and play with it a bit, but I created that on the regular paint program and PictureIt! software. I don't have all the bells and whistles. I'll see what I can do.
                Well it looks great. Hm. We gotta get you Photoshop, girl! You got skills! You need to be able to play!

Comment

See, this is where we should really get an IRC channel going

Comment

Well it looks great. Hm. We gotta get you Photoshop, girl! You got skills! You need to be able to play!
                    I knew I should have asked for it for Christmas instead of an iPod! Maybe for the ol' birthday. So, here's an update (I guess)

sigpic

Comment

I'm lucky this old titanium can run a frickin web browser, AD! LOL IRC might just kill it. Hey - maybe there's a website based online chatroom we could use? Know any (that don't chug)?

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I knew I should have asked for it for Christmas instead of an iPod! Maybe for the ol' birthday. So, here's an update (I guess)

Ooo that's pretty!!

Comment

Hey this might work (tonight) for a chatroom - maybe try this link:

http://cgiirc.blitzed.org/?adv=1

But where it says channel: #cgisomething just put in #samanda instead

Comment

I'm lucky this old titanium can run a frickin web browser, AD! LOL IRC might just kill it. Hey - maybe there's a website based online chatroom we could use? Know any (that don't chug)?
                            lol, an IRC client is like the easiest program to run in the history of... running programs... :|

Anyway, if your computer can run paintbrush, it can run an IRC client

Comment

Ooookayy fine.

Hypothetically speaking, if I downloaded an irc client, what server and port would you imagine a hypothetical #samanda channel would be located on?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

if we just do a patch, then folks can track down their own style of shirts.

it'd also be much easier to mail out
                                I agree about using patches, even if everyone's shirts look different, people will still know we are from the same group.

Originally posted by nell
                                Flyby post....I'm not a regular here but I am an admirer of Sam/AT. This looks bright and brilliant kind of like Sam, huh? Doesn't Amanda favor orange? Well, one suggestion. A round configuration. A circle connotes wholeness. A circle is a common symbol for strength and infinity, or some such metaphorical meaning. Anyway, I like your design and colors!!
                                Hi Nell I'm not really a regular here either (I probably get a chance to stop by every 4 or 5 days), though I wish I could be. Anyway, I think the circle is a good idea. I don't know for sure if it would work, but I think it'd look good to have the name surrounded by some sort of design, such as the aforementioned circle.
                                Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                                Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Working...
                                X