Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    So... you're telling me I made the right decision the day I scrapped the post about systems of scientific knowledge, how they evolve and change, and how we discuss them with/at various levels of intellectual rigor, because that prospective message contained Σ waveform equations and differential calculus as examples?
    Actually I would probably have enjoyed that

*has had too many signs telling him hes a geek today*

*saw a server this morning it was like a meter long went wow*
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      Good question, especially after all the ranting over Cameron's qualifications or lack thereof???
      Oh. I dunno much about "Shaft". I thought he was a maths boffin though.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

A friend of Samanda helping to keep Sam on top of the page!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi, all!

Bumpin' my fave character back to light.

Just sayin', gotta get back to the Marathon. Loved the first 4 Best of SG1 eps this am! Later, all!
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            A friend of Samanda helping to keep Sam on top of the page!!!
            Good lookin' out, nell!

Just sayin', fast bumpin' fingers ya got there, thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              Good lookin' out, nell!

Just sayin', fast bumpin' fingers ya got there, thanks!
              Good to see you both!
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I've been kinda hard on the whole Pete deal, but I was rewatching Threads and have kinda had a change of heart. At the end when he says to Sam: "I hope get what you want" I thought that was pretty selfless. So maybe he wasn't so much controlling or manipulative as just maybe like a big awkward untrained puppy in love. What do you think?

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Wallpapers - http://www.skins.be/celebrity/amanda-tapping/
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

I've been kinda hard on the whole Pete deal, but I was rewatching Threads and have kinda had a change of heart. At the end when he says to Sam: "I hope get what you want" I thought that was pretty selfless. So maybe he wasn't so much controlling or manipulative as just maybe like a big awkward untrained puppy in love. What do you think?
                    I will always have the urge to shout out "Death to Pete" everytime he is mentioned
                    love Torri

Comment

Well, I'm spoiled now that a few others mentioned how squeeelishious Adrian Paul would have been in that role...aah, well. I may agree but back on topic...

Pete himself said
                      Spoiler:
                      as Sam drop kicked his feelings, that he wasn't all that hopeful from the beginning of the engagement; he just hoped he could prove they could do it. Or something to that effect. He certainly seemed puppyish going about meeting her dad (how painfully schmoish can you get) and that stalker bit (bad puppy!).
                      Maybe passive-manipulative?

Just sayin', Pete just never seemed Sam's type, except of course I think his feelings for her were genuine. Sam was too honest for anything less than what she did (how she did it was out of character but that's been discussed). Pete was deeply hurt and I always feel for him then.
                      sigpic

Comment

i think pete served his purpose. he was....he was like the bike with training wheels while sam worked her way up to a grown up bike

Pete allowed her to realize that she could balance love and work and that there was nothing selfish in her wanting to have something for herself
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL "untrained puppy!!!" Well, I agree with those before me who have said that it was not consistent with Sam's character to fall for (I can't say his name) with his stalking-like behavior right at the beginning. No excuse for his behavior. Period. But, given that Sam's part was written by TPTB, she embraced this new love wholeheartedly. THUNK GOODNESS, (ooops, my -side is showin') Sam ultimately did the right thing for herself and . There was no way getting around his feeling hurt. But, his true colors were shown full circle in the end....
                          Spoiler:
                          he slunked off after their first night together when she wouldn't tell him her ultra-secret mission and he slunked off when she broke up with him. I was assuming that she expected him to tell her that he would wait for her and give her time to sort through her many feelings. But, like that puppy, he tucked his tail under and ran.
                          Oh, yeah, I am biased but this is my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm spoiled now that a few others mentioned how squeeelishious Adrian Paul would have been in that role...aah, well. I may agree but back on topic...

Pete himself said
                            Spoiler:
                            as Sam drop kicked his feelings, that he wasn't all that hopeful from the beginning of the engagement; he just hoped he could prove they could do it. Or something to that effect. He certainly seemed puppyish going about meeting her dad (how painfully schmoish can you get) and that stalker bit (bad puppy!).
                            Maybe passive-manipulative?

Just sayin', Pete just never seemed Sam's type, except of course I think his feelings for her were genuine. Sam was too honest for anything less than what she did (how she did it was out of character but that's been discussed). Pete was deeply hurt and I always feel for him then.
                            I thoroughly agree - not her type but his feelines seemed genuine. I used to feel as Qasim does - death to Pete. I guess to boil it down he's gone from contemptible to pathetic in my view. Oh, and that scene meeting Jacob - AGONIZING. Even I felt the pain through the TV screen.

I do agree though, that there's no excuse for the stalker thing OR for him walking out on her that morning simply because she couldn't tell him about her job. I do have a problem with the fact that he didn't seem to respect her at those points...

So, training wheels it is....

Comment

Oy! I'll never see Chimera the same way again....

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i think pete served his purpose. he was....he was like the bike with training wheels while sam worked her way up to a grown up bike

Pete allowed her to realize that she could balance love and work and that there was nothing selfish in her wanting to have something for herself
                                Death to thinly veiled plot devices that force main characters to be out of character.....

Comment

Working...
                                X