Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tara3583
    Heh,Heh,Heh, just seen that i'm a Death Glider Pilot now and i can't even drive a car let alone a space ship!
    deepspace has not yet learnt how to drive a car. I really don't know how I passed my death glider licence , but here I am, so I guess I mustn't have crashed after all.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      awwww, what a pretty little decoration, it lights up and everything

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        Goa'uld Klingon hybrids (sounds like an Unas! ).
        ROFLOL!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Oooh, Carmen and Amanda! Amanda and Carmen! Sweet!!!
          TX to MD will be nothing compared to the flight to London. Hook me up.

Kat
          Go for it Kat! You flew to London, you can fly anywhere. I'll let you borrow my X-302 if you like .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Lys, great calender idea.
            deepspace- my birthday is November 16 [1956].

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Err, I'm not sure what Sainsbury's life insurance has to do with this, either, unless they've been picking up on Daniel threads

Hi guys. This is my first time at Sam-a-holic Not-So-Anonymous and I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. I felt a sharp stab of guilt at watching and enjoying The Ties That Bind.

I love Broca Divide, stand up and scream at Affinity and cry my eyes out at Singularity (that episode just does not grow old). Oh, add Point Of View to the cry baby list.

Tracy xxx
              welcome to Samanda Tracy Jane. Feel free to post any more comments about old episodes you like. Just because there's new seasons of Stargate around doesn't mean we don't like hearing about the old ones too .
              Please do stick around.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

ok, birthdays updated. Though I have one request of our Vice President. Sal, if you read this, could you please put my index into your post on the very first page, like you did for astro? This would really help, as dumbdeepspace keeps losing her own index .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  welcome to Samanda Tracy Jane. Feel free to post any more comments about old episodes you like. Just because there's new seasons of Stargate around doesn't mean we don't like hearing about the old ones too .
                  Please do stick around.
                  Thank you, that's sweet! And I love "Samanda" - what a great name.

Talking of conventions, I still haven't been to one. I wanted to go to Blackpool two years ago but I had an exam on the saturday morning and it takes 8-11 hours to get there (I live on the south coast). Then I tried to get to Citycon in Germany last year, but Amanda cancelled (best thing really, all things considered) and the one this year in Uk, I was already booked that weekend. And my budget won't stretch to going to America. Just yet. Arrrgh. I just need my lecturers to ease up on work so I can go to one!

Txxx
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Cons are fun, although I prefer the cons run by fans as opposed to the Creation cons. That's just a personal preference based on my limited experiences with both. I'm definitely looking at at the Shore Leave con, but would probably need to share hotel expenses with somebody...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Cons are fun, although I prefer the cons run by fans as opposed to the Creation cons. That's just a personal preference based on my limited experiences with both. I'm definitely looking at at the Shore Leave con, but would probably need to share hotel expenses with somebody...
                      I have been to a few fan run cons that I really enjoyed. I like some things about Creation Cons as well. I'm at a charity auction this weekend that Robert Picardo was at yesterday, Torri and Don will be there today. It is a small event (about 200 people) and a really nice way to get to see the actors and interact more with them than at a con.

I did registar for the Shore-Leave Con since the price is so good. July is a very good time for me to get away since I'm not working at that time.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        just ask around, i have a funny feeling that there will be folks from this list going. i'm kinda planning to, i'll look into it more after the first of the year

i'll probably have to fly but still, it'll be a cool long weekend and i have a friend that lives about an hour away

adn like someone said, amanda and carmen at the same time, fantastic!
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay here is my gripe for the day and it may seem small but it really got my goat -

I went over to Spoilme (http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...guid=139696037) the other day and they have 2 pictures on their cover page one for Stargate SG1 and one for Stargate Atlantis. Well to my consternation the SG1 photo is of 4 people but one of the 4 is NOT AT/Carter. VERY, VERY bad business, IMO, to have a photo of a one year newbie, a recurring character that will have been in a total of 9 eps over the course of 2 seasons but NOT include a 9 year vetrean who has been with the show from day one and is a major part of it success.

The Stargate Atlantis photo meanwhile manages to have everyone including Caldwell.

I sent an e-mail for posting making reference to the fact that the picture is inaccuarte for SG1 and referencing the fact that they have a newbie plus a recurring character but not a 9 year veteran but since that list has all posts reviewed by the admin before posting my post has not shown up yet (surprise and go figure). I have not heard from them as to why my post has not shown up -- let's guess . . .

If anyone else visits Spoilme please jump in and send your post in commenting on the inaccuracy in their photo - I am really sick of this crap and if TPTB, and others, want me to resent and dislike vala even more they are certainly succeeding. I am not sure if Spoilme has ulterior motives or if they are vala fans or what but to exclude only one major lead character like that is inexcusable regardless of their motives (if any) and we should let them know it. Sheesh my knickers are twisited over this one just because I really see this as disrespect to AT especially in light of the fact that she is only 1 of 2 people that have stuck with this show for all of its 9 years. If the admins at Spoilme start to see numerous posts coming in critical of their choice of the current photo maybe they will get the point.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd pop over from the Vala - CB WOW thread and say hello.

Though Vala might be the reason I joined this board, it was Sam who got me into Stargate some eight years ago.

I'm a firm believer that there's room enough on the show for three very different female characters - Sam, Vala, Lam - and that we, the viewers, can only benefit from the dynamics between them.

Greetings,

A.
                            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Hi All! Long time, no post. I am unbelievably busy in RL and don't have time to come by often. I can't even really enjoy the holiday season, so I wanted to thank LYS for her wonderful Advent Calendar. You brighten up my days!!

I just saw that Amanda announced that she'll be at the Shore Leave con next year! The fact that it will probably be the only con she'll be at next year and the fact that Carmen will be there as well, made me seriously think about going. I also noticed that a lot of you are talking about going, and I think it would be a blast to meet you guys. How cool would that be!!! I am just wondering what exactly will be happening there and I can't quite figure it out from their webpage. Has anybody ever been to a Shore Leave con before?

Well, keep posting and have fun, can't wait to join in again. Take care everybody!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Is Amanda trying to tell us something? What’s with the “34”? It must be something important to justify a patch on her jeans. Maybe it’s the number of conventions she’s done. Maybe it’s the number of trees in front of her house. Maybe it’s the number of paintings she’s done of Olivia.

On the other hand, could it be the number of days until January 6 and the start of the second half of the season? Oh, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X