Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberMoon
    Me too Kat, me too! At least we got her on the list....
    YES! And timing is everything in life ... she hit the list right around all the GABIT publicity and special attention. So this was a good thing ... Amanda Tapping, soon to be a household name! (Okay, I'll restrain myself!)

There are probably many more pre-teen and teen Harry Potter fans than those of us in a certain, ahem, Samandan demographic.

Heaven knows, I even cleaned out my cookie jar to help the effort!
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 November 2005, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Haiku for the Young and the Brave

What more can one give?
      Leaving friends and family
      Trusting to come home

Following the call
      Putting greater good ahead
      Knowing the danger

Wanting to believe
      That what you do will matter
      Dying not in vain

Life and war not fair
      Who validates the outcome
      Blood and tears the price

Who once was, is not
      Heart beating fast, now silent
      All around go on

Politicians talk
      They do not have the answer
      Answer lies within

Only those who die
      Have the right to talk of war
      Can we still listen?

I wrote this last year for another sci-fi forum, but it still seems to apply. Peace, CG
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 November 2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Back from the first playing of Taps at ceremonies today - still have the dust ceremonies to go - here is a little rememberance of those that serve Stargate Style

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/4416/sam34my.jpg
        http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/8...ldiers20hk.jpg
        Nice, and touching, tsaxlady. I loved this in-episode tribute to the fallen soldiers of SGC.

Just sayin', it works well for RL soldiers, too.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Thank you all for remembering what today is, and thank you to all our brave men and women serving now and in the past, for all our countries.

I do believe France celebrates today also, but I'll have to check.....I'm certain our French Samandans can correct me (and will .

I'm sorry I have been been remiss in posting here of late, but life has thrown me a few curves and it's getting harder to sit at the pc. I wanted a new camera for Christmas this year, but now I'm beginning to think a laptop might be a better choice.

I think of you all so frequently and miss reading your wonderful posts.

Hic Comitas Regit
          Well said, and Good hearing from you anytime, Lida. You've been missed, too.

Just sayin', get-better-soon-wishes to you.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

What more can one give?
            Trusting to come home

Following the call
            Knowing the danger

Wanting to believe
            Dying not in vain

Life and war not fair

Who once was, is not
            All around go on

Politicians talk
            Answer lies within

Only those who die
            Can we still listen?

I wrote this last year for another sci-fi forum, but it still seems to apply. Peace, CG
            This is beautiful. Made me cry. Thank you.
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

What more can one give?
              Trusting to come home

Following the call
              Knowing the danger

Wanting to believe
              Dying not in vain

Life and war not fair

Who once was, is not
              All around go on

Politicians talk
              Answer lies within

Only those who die
              Can we still listen?

OMG Chopin! How do you DO that? Where are you hiding your poetry generator? 'Cos that (and every single poem I've read of yours) is FANTASTIC!
              - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
              Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

I was in Washington DC in March for a conference and had the opportunity to visit the WWII memorial for the first time. My father-in-law had just passed away, and he had served as an Army sergeant in Italy. He never would talk about the war; you could tell that his experiences there had scarred him for life. I can honestly say that I have never been so moved by a visit to a memorial before. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures with you.

And this veteran posed with a group of kids, every single one of whom gave him a hug and thanked him for his service. He and his wife were both moved to tears. So was everyone watching.

Indeed, we must never forget.

My LJ

Comment

Quick drive by fic recommendation. Just re-read this one and realized how neat it is for some of the "Carter in Command" issues! It's by Anni, and it's called: "Veritas". Yes, it's ultimately S/J but it's 90% Sam pov. Heavy on the Sam/Teal'c friendship, and there's a cool scene in there where Sam talks to Teal'c about what it's been like to be leader of SG-1 (without Jack). It's just a short one-off set just pre season nine I think. Here's the link if anyone's interested!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2382147/1/

Plus, selfishly I've been trying to prod her to work on her Carter-centric "First Star I See.." for two weeks now and I'm thinkin' maybe a few more reviews on some of her stuff might jog her muse or something, she says it's AWOL! (Ahhh!)

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Quick drive by fic recommendation. Just re-read this one and realized how neat it is for some of the "Carter in Command" issues! It's by Anni, and it's called: "Veritas". Yes, it's ultimately S/J but it's 90% Sam pov. Heavy on the Sam/Teal'c friendship, and there's a cool scene in there where Sam talks to Teal'c about what it's been like to be leader of SG-1 (without Jack). It's just a short one-off set just pre season nine I think. Here's the link if anyone's interested!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2382147/1/

Plus, selfishly I've been trying to prod her to work on her Carter-centric "First Star I See.." for two weeks now and I'm thinkin' maybe a few more reviews on some of her stuff might jog her muse or something, she says it's AWOL! (Ahhh!)

mini
                    Thanks for the rec! Will check it out tomorrow.

My LJ

Comment

In the meantime, sweet miss from Tennessee,
                      Happy 1500th Post
                      Whee whee whee!
                      Awwwww....very sweet. Thank you!

I hope the non-shippers on our thread will indulge me while I issue an invitation to the shippers who reside here:

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I would love it if Amanda went to Hollywood. Since she and RDA are both fans of "The West Wing," (and 4 other actors from Stargate have appeared) I would be thrilled to see them both on the show. Heck, should RDA ever want to develop anything again (TV, TV Movie, etc), it would be neat if the first woman he asked was Amanda. They have extraordinary chemistry.
                        That's exactly what my little mind was thinking.......

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                          *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

*blinks*

*makes appointment with optician*
                          Originally posted by Coley
                          Funny 1s very funny!!

I'd actually like to think I'm the same cloths size as Amanda at the moment (certainly not 2010 size though), though she is 2" taller than I, so that puts it into perspective!
                          Uh.....1speed.....methinks you may be in a little "hot water!"
                          Originally posted by Coley
                          okay I'm logged on in me lunch, though I'll have to go up town for me butties in a min!
                          Ok.....I get the "in a min" part.....but could you please translate the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Awwwww....very sweet. Thank you!

I hope the non-shippers on our thread will indulge me while I issue an invitation to the shippers who reside here:

I can't say for AD and Jckfan55, but you have all my indulgence

And for those who might be wondering, no, I'm still a hopeless case of non shipper who happens to have many friends in the shipper thread.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              it's a cookies thing. a cookie (unless you have to log in to vote) is how the web page knows you've been there

and throwing away cookies would have nothing to do with a virus.

in fact, tossing your temp internet folders and cookies is actually a good thing.
                              i personally hate to do it because then if i toss my temp pages then it takes pages longer to load and i hate remembering all those passwords that my cookies remember for me
                              In the interests of keeping all Samandans' computers healthy, I offer these ideas. I keep all my fave pages in my favorites files (My Stargate file is HUGE!). I also keep a written list of my log-in names and passwords in the desk drawer at the computer.

Getting rid of those cookies associated with temporary internet files is a very good thing. I clean out my cache at work daily. At home, I do it at least two to three times a week. Not getting rid of those temp files (and the cookies associated with them) can make your computer run more slowly. Occasionally, it can cause your computer to "hold on" to older versions of web pages, instead of capturing the most updated version. And (although I'm not sure about this last part), if anything bad gets into your computer and you aren't cleaning your cache regularly, those viruses are left free to spread unchecked. Someone like Mary Beth may know if this last part is right.

To clean out your cache (if you're on Microsoft):

1. Go to Control Panel.
                              2. Double click on Internet Options.
                              3. Click on the General tab.
                              4. Click on Delete Cookies. Wait for computer to process (This will take a few minutes if you haven't done it in awhile. You may even think your computer is frozen, but trust me, it's deleting things and will eventually finish).
                              5. Click on Delete Files. Wait for computer to process (same as above).
                              6. Click on Delete History. Wait for computer to process (same as above).
                              7. Click on OK.

Congratulations! You've cleaned out your cache! And, to stay on-topic. Sam is smart. I'm certain she cleans out her cache regularly!

One more note about worms and viruses. We got hit last year at home, and at the time, we had one of the best-known and up-to-date anti-viral softwares around. When he was installing our new hard drive, the engineer who does work for my husband (He's also a friend) told us about the software he uses. His full time job is as the chief broadcast engineer for a chain of radio stations, and protects the computers at each station with this software. It's not as well known as some of the others, but it's inexpensive. And since installing it, we haven't had any problems. It also sends updates almost daily. They take only a few seconds to download.

I'm not advertising for anyone---I just want all my online pen pals to be well protected. If anyone is interested in this, just PM me and I'll let you know what it's called.
                              Originally posted by Skydiver
                              ooh, amanda in DC. hey i could possibly pull that off
                              Me too!
                              Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              I would seriously try to make it happen, Snog. I've never been to a con! No doubt my RL friends would think I'm insane...
                              My mother would think I had too! Hubby would just sigh and go along with me.
                              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 11 November 2005, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                                The It List was updated today. AT's off and Daniel Radcliffe is now on.
                                You know we don’t need an It List to know that Amanda is it. Here she will always be it. There are a lot of famous people that have a lot of fans. They have a lot of talent and we probably think that they are ok. They are probably good looking and good at what they do. But Amanda is much more than that, she is real, she is beautiful, she is funny and she is talented. All of that makes you love to watch her, but the way she cares about us the fans make you love her as a person. It is more than just a love for a celebrity; it feels more like the love that you feel for a family member. It was very evident in the days after GABIT when Amanda’s fans sprang into action in her defense. We could not stand for anyone to take advantage of her or to hurt her in any way. I think we all took it very personally. Amanda inspires loyalty because she makes us feel like she cares about us.
                                It is a beautiful thing to read about the feelings that the fans have, and about the Love the Amanda inspires.

THANK YOU AMANDA FOR CARING ABOUT US!

WE LOVE YOU!

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X