Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    CAPTION ME!
    S: You want soma this? Huh? You want soma this? C'mere, I'll give you soma this, thats right, who you think you talkin' to, i'll kick your a-z-z if you come over -

J: Must you do this every time we zip up our jackets, Sam?
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Thanks for the news to all who are providing it. Personally I think that's a pretty unfair way to treat someone who has been 120% girl for the show... but then I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong and hope for that.

The fact they don't know what to do with Carter is probably because she's too damn smart for the new SG1.. but it is disappointing. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

For me personally I'd watch Amanda read the phone book (as someone once said) and pay money for the privilege. Can't wait to hear/see more stuff from GABIT [iz verry verry jealous]

sigpic

Comment

Hm. So, it sounds as though it may be possible that Vala will take Sam's place on SG-1 in season ten, given the news. If she splits her time between both shows, and if that time is split fairly equally (hypothetically speaking), then her status would become that of a recurring character for both shows. We do know that the networks (SciFi and MGM) were ecstatic with Vala's character, so this may even be more of the fallout from their 'suggestions' to the EPs. Complete speculation, of course. It'll be interesting to hear what happens once things are 'officialized' for next season both story and character-wise.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Wow, it's amazing how nervous this thread gets in the timespan it takes me to catch up on the thread.

Ok, here is a brief synopsis of what was told to us today at Gabit via Amanda. Please, please, please do not do or say anything rash until others have had a chance to post something as well as I'm very worried I may have misinterpreted what was said.

According to Amanda she recently found out that all the members of the cast had been approached regarding season 10: MS, CJ, BB as well as CB.
            To paraphrase Amanda..."She said she called RCC and asked if the fact she hadn't heard anything meant she should be worried. She was informed that she didn't have anything to be worried about; they just hadn't figured out what they were going to do with her character as of yet. According to Amanda, there is a possibility that she will be working on Atlantis and SG-1. She has no clue as to how many episodes she will be on each. All she knew at this time was that she would be doing 20 episodes and that it may be split between the two shows. How it will be split she is not sure, nor does she know what she will be doing."

Needless to say, some people like myself, found this bit of information as quite a shock and were very disappointed. I can only hope the news doesn't mean what many of us assume it does. I want to try to remain positive for the moment.

Chopin Gal was planning to post a more thorough summary of the weekends events; however, the weekend has been pleasantly filled with wonderful moments of Amanda and although we were saddened by this particular piece of information the rest of the week-end thus far has been absolutely wonderful.

The people here at the con are fantastic. I have yet to meet someone who is not open and friendly. Amanda is as gorgeous as ever and there are no words to truly do her justice. She truly is one of the funniest and kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Regardless of what happens with season 10, I have been truly blessed for being given the opportunity to attend Gabit and meet Amanda. It will be a moment I treasure forever.

Kat

Thanks for this message, Kat. It is a bit of a relief in the sense of now knowing a little more. I commend people for staying positive.

Without sounding too negative at this time, may I just say that what I have just read seems incredibly disrespectful to AT who has given nine years of her career to this show. I say that because it is she who had to call RCC. She learns that two actors, BB and CB, who have nothing to do with SG-1 success for eight years, have already heard about coming back, and also her two "fellow" actors have also heard, and then she has to call the producer. This is rude to her. Also the fact that they don't even know what the heck her character will be doing?!! I'm sorry, but that sounds like utter crap. Oops, I'm getting too negative, but I find this behavior offensive. Like, gee, what will the character of Sam Carter be doing--mmm--the scientist and military (LEADER) of the show---mmm, gee let's see, what could we have her do. Twiddle thumbs.

This is their way of handling the leadership issue---let Cam be the leader in season 10, and oh, I wonder what Sam will be doing. Let BB who comes in one season, whose character is not going over very well (not due to BB), and let's just take care of this little leadership issue. So, let's take out an original character from the original team, and let's make room for Mitchell, and even maybe Vala?

If AT is happy, I am happy. She doesn't sound very happy here, but maybe ChopinGal can say if AT is good with this. If she is, great, but from what Kat reported so far, I wonder. I'm most unhappy about the fact that she had to call RCC. Why wouldn't RCC call her before she found out that the actors have already been contacted?

If you don't want any negative comments, then I apologize. I'm only expressing this because I really really like Sam, and most importantly, AT. I don't want to see her mistreated. I hope ChopinGal has a more positive spin.

The good news though---AT will be in 20 episodes. Frankly, I wish AT could go full time to Atlantis now. I don't know if I can watch SG-1 anymore, but I can watch Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSG1
              According to Amanda she recently found out that all the members of the cast had been approached regarding season 10: MS, CJ, BB as well as CB.
              To paraphrase Amanda..."She said she called RCC and asked if the fact she hadn't heard anything meant she should be worried. She was informed that she didn't have anything to be worried about; they just hadn't figured out what they were going to do with her character as of yet. According to Amanda, there is a possibility that she will be working on Atlantis and SG-1. She has no clue as to how many episodes she will be on each. All she knew at this time was that she would be doing 20 episodes and that it may be split between the two shows. How it will be split she is not sure, nor does she know what she will be doing."
              So, let me try to understand this. TPTB don't know what to do with a character who's been there since...forever? If I have that right, I find this outrageous. They can't be THAT out of ideas yet, and i don't mean to be abrupt or rash, but come on! Vala trumps Sam in the realm of interesting-ness now?

I will admit, Sam hasn't been as active or the writing, in general for the whole show - been very interesting, but that doesn't mean you loosen down on the writing of a beloved character like Sam! You spend a few days in the writing gutter and THINK. Or, dump the old writers for some new experienced ones. But that's the extreme way...

What can you do with Sam Carter - I'll tell ya, LOTS OF THINGS! Ok, that sounds wrong, but the point is, as long as you have a combo of Daniel, Teal'c, Sam....Mr X *innocent whistle* and a Stargate? You can do anything. The realm of episode possibilities is endless.

It sounds sounds kind of wrong...
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I'm sure I'm deluding myself by thinking that this bonehead move isn't set in stone yet. Perhaps it will be so poorly received that things could change. Then again, we're still getting the space baby, so I doubt any level of criticism could return TPTB to any kind of sanity.

Still, it's an insult to Atlantis and its cast. And its an insult to the SG-1 team and its history. And its an incredible insult to Amanda Tapping, who is simply being used to carry two shows without proper credit for her efforts, both past and future. And it's an insult to Sam Carter, who apparently has no place in the Stargate Universe at this point.

Comment

Agreed ChocDoc... the upside is that Sam will be around, but it's a crappy way to treat someone who's given their utmost at all times to this franchise. But we don't know the whole story yet, I don't think Amanda knows the full story judging by that so time will tell.. but wherever Amanda goes, I go too.

I know this is negative, but criticism is how we let them know they're doin it wrong. Of course this is Samanda, so it'll be nicely said and logical.

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Thanks for this message, Kat. It is a bit of a relief in the sense of now knowing a little more. I commend people for staying positive.

Without sounding too negative at this time, may I just say that what I have just read seems incredibly disrespectful to AT who has given nine years of her career to this show. I say that because it is she who had to call RCC. She learns that two actors, BB and CB, who have nothing to do with SG-1 success for eight years, have already heard about coming back, and also her two "fellow" actors have also heard, and then she has to call the producer. This is rude to her. Also the fact that they don't even know what the heck her character will be doing?!! I'm sorry, but that sounds like utter crap. Oops, I'm getting too negative, but I find this behavior offensive. Like, gee, what will the character of Sam Carter be doing--mmm--the scientist and military (LEADER) of the show---mmm, gee let's see, what could we have her do. Twiddle thumbs.

This is their way of handling the leadership issue---let Cam be the leader in season 10, and oh, I wonder what Sam will be doing. Let BB who comes in one season, whose character is not going over very well (not due to BB), and let's just take care of this little leadership issue. So, let's take out an original character from the original team, and let's make room for Mitchell, and even maybe Vala?

If AT is happy, I am happy. She doesn't sound very happy here, but maybe ChopinGal can say if AT is good with this. If she is, great, but from what Kat reported so far, I wonder. I'm most unhappy about the fact that she had to call RCC. Why wouldn't RCC call her before she found out that the actors have already been contacted?

If you don't want any negative comments, then I apologize. I'm only expressing this because I really really like Sam, and most importantly, AT. I don't want to see her mistreated. I hope ChopinGal has a more positive spin.

The good news though---AT will be in 20 episodes. Frankly, I wish AT could go full time to Atlantis now. I don't know if I can watch SG-1 anymore, but I can watch Atlantis.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    If AT is happy, I am happy. She doesn't sound very happy here, but maybe ChopinGal can say if AT is good with this. If she is, great, but from what Kat reported so far, I wonder.
                    That's a good question chocdoc. One I think only Amanda herself can answer. I think fans should wait to hear from Amanda herself how she actually feels. On the flip side (heresay, read at your own risk)
                    Spoiler:
                    someone attending the con mentioned Amanda said (on stage) that she hadn't watched very many episodes of Atlantis and that she should probably start watching it if she was going to be on it. Heard she also said something to the effect of "you guys don't seem to be upset by the idea..." before they moved the topic of conversation on with new questions. Very likely everyone there was simply stunned by the news.
                    Who really knows what the outcome will be? If they haven't finalized any storylines yet, there's nothing concrete to build speculation on. Once Amanda formally renews her contract (assuming she does renew it), there'll probably be more of a concrete nature to extraoplate from.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Y'know where I'd love to see AT? Lost. muahaha.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

i do agree, if things were accurately relayed, that no one at bridge had the grace to talk TO amanda is the height of rudeness and totally disrespectful to her.

shame on them

regardless of pairings or relatioships, amanda has given the show 120% since day one, including unofficially carrying the show and part of rick's weight as leader during season 6. it's rather sad that she is shown so little respect.

BUT, i do look at it this way

a) she's got another job offer and i doubt she went out looking for it. which means that someone out there WANTS her on their show. and given how much bridge seems to be taking her for granted i wouldn't blame her for moving on to greener pastures

b) she will, supposedly, be a crossover character and atlantis has, theoretically, YEARS of life left to it. Stargate is circling the drain and it's very likely that, next year, while amanda could be signign to be a recurring character on s4 of atlantis, bb, cb, ms and cj will all be out doing casting calls and auditions and trying to find work
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think this is a big compliment to Amanda. Stargate is probably on it's last season, and Scifi wants to make sure Atlantis is strong enough to survive without it. I see this year as a transition year for Atlantis. Bring Amanda onto the show for 10 eps or so and they're hoping that a lot of fans will follow. (Sort of like a couple of FS actors we all know and love. ) Heck, she might be the only one still employed next year!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Thanks for finally saying something, ForeverSG1. Seems to me, at first blush, that they're going to try to use Amanda to save the sinking city. Atlantis has been wholely unoriginal from the get go, and now they're going to use Amanda's popularity to pull in viewers. I'm not encouraged for SG1 or Atlantis by this news. More Sam/Rodney innanity, more Vala innanity, less logic and sense in the Stargate Universe than ever. And to not tell her about it before talking to everyone else is just plain inconsiderate. Sounds like their solution to the command mess is to remove Sam from SG-1 all together. It also sounds like their plan for adding Vala involves removing Sam from the team. Nice job guys, you've deconstructed in half a season what it took you eight years to build up.
                            i couldn't put my thoughts in order, but you've basically covered it all for me.

i don't watch atlantis, but i will when amanda's on. (i'd watch her in anything). but i sooooooooooooo hope they don't do sam/mckay ship! or with sam being in another galaxy, sam/other.

*squinting to find the silver lining*

but i'll tell you, i'd rather watch atlantis then continue with a dying sg1. so when amanda's not on an ep of sg1 (or atlantis), i'll skip them. i *never* used to be this way.

but above all, i hope amanda's alright with all this. (((amanda)))

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm very shocked by this news. It made me want to cry But I'm past that brief moment of weakness and I'm gonna try and stay positive. This is all uncomfirmed atm, and definitely no disrespect to Amanda, but I'd like to hear what the word is from other sources first before jumping at any major conclusions.

I think the best thing we can do right now at this moment is to show Amanda and TPTB how much we love her Send in the positive fan mail, show our support for Carter. Show them that we want to see her in season 10

Comment

You mean Atlantis or something else Sky?

Personally I'd love to see her on Law & Order (SVU preferably) but whichever.. she'd rock the courtroom or the squadroom.. take yer pick.

Originally posted by Skydiver

a) she's got another job offer and i doubt she went out looking for it. which means that someone out there WANTS her on their show. and given how much bridge seems to be taking her for granted i wouldn't blame her for moving on to greener pastures
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X