Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ok guys, i've read a synopsis of what is to be posted....and since i know that many here will find this not to be good news, i would like to point out some positive aspects.

there ARE positive aspects to this and while one way may to see it as negative, in another way this is fantastic for amanda's career.

while there may be a certain lack of respect in one way, in another she is being offerered something with far more of a future than riding a dying series to the ground. IMHO, i will be very surprised if stargate lasts past s10 and this spoiler suggests that she has a future with the franchise and is being given an opportunity that the others are not.

while it may not have been handled in the best way, amanda and sam are being afforded an opportunity that could lead to employment for years...a LOT longer than i personally think the other stargate actors will have.
    Here's my guess - she is off the show as a character but will be behind the camera on a regular basis OR she will only be recurring and will run the SGC a/la Hamond AND be behind the camera on a regular basis. If directing is the case then I say more power to her and I wish her the best of luck and I hope she rides it to great success a/la Penny Marshall. I agree with Skydiver - this is a dying series and if AT is too be off the show then it will likely not go past 10 - vala and mitchell and daniel cannot sustain it, not even as a comedy. Unless they make it another spin-off and completly change it. Anyway, if Carter is to go the way of others before her I hope they promote her to full Colonel and send her off to run Area 51 in toto - as in the big kahoona - and I hope they treat the character with respect at the end, unlike what they did with Janet and O'Neill. (It is rather curious that something big is happening with AT at the same time there is a rumor MS is possibly not returning either - very interesting . . . .)
    Last edited by binkpmmc; 29 October 2005, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I can't sit here and be worried anymore. Besides I started watching a SF movie and I'm missing half the technobabble because my attention is split. It's called 'Primer' and it has the best line I've heard in awhile. The movie is about time travel and one guy says, 'Are you hungry? I haven't eaten since later today.'

i'll be back in an hour or two, hopefully we'll have some news.
      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        I am really going nuts here right now, but I was working on this post when the news of bad news came in (just my attempt at contributing...)

I agree with you guys. Sam is my favorite character and I just adore Amanda, but the team is what makes Stargate what it is. And friendship scenes are always special to me.
        I agree with all the above, but I found the Sam and Janet friendship to be a special one, too. Wished they had shown more of it (for example not cut some of the Sam/Janet scenes). Two strong woman, who helped each other and looked out for each other, like in Hathor.
        So, since caps are appreciated, here are two Sam/Janet pics.

[/CENTER]

And how about this one for a nice Sam/Daniel scene:

But, somebody please tell us what's going on!!!!
        Nice, Dani76 and welcome. On the subject of Sam and Janet, I was musing on this very scene not even a few days ago:

[CENTER]
        Janet: You miss him.
        Sam: Yeah.
        Janet: Is that a problem?
        Sam: No, of course not.

But the significance in that scene is that since regs EXPLICITLY forbid fraternization, Janet would have been duty bound to 1)counsel Sam against it, or if her superior, 2) act on it, including transfer Sam. I read this in some military reg site and it makes ALL service persons involved or aware of fraternization (and failing to report or act on it) quite vulnerable to sanctions. When Kinsey desperately threw out his comments to the President that there was something improper in Sam and Jack's relationship, he could have set in motion a pretty nasty tribunal. Fortunately his man, played by ST:Voyager's Robert Picardo, knew the ramifications and grew his conscienous back (and the President ignored it, smart man.). A facet of the 'ship that often gets untold, although we've all heard that it's forbidden we really don't know HOW forbidden it's written as military law. No wonder the AF put their 2 cents in: heavy stuff!
        My tired O, anyway.

Just sayin'.
        Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 01 November 2005, 09:27 AM.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I liked the part in Avatar where
          Spoiler:
          they are going to send someone in to help Teal'c but it would be risking their lives. Jack, Sam & Daniel say simultaneously "I'll do it."
          What a great sign of their friendship.

Trying not to panic about this mysterious news...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 31 (16 members and 15 guests)
            ddecker, deepspace, dmovies, Dream-a-Little, ForeverSg1, jckfan55, LaCroix, Lys, nell, Queen Eleta, SG1Poz, Simhavaktra, THE BIG UNIT, Traveler Enroute1, ÜberSG-1Fan

Kat is online.

Well, I'm being told to get offline now. Why don't people understand that this isn't a good time for me to go do other things? Someone, anyone, please PM me with whatever it is that's happened, when you find out, so that I can chack that first thing when I get back online, instead of having to find it in the pages ?
            Love you all, but I gotta go now.
            Try and keep happy and continue the Party!
            No worry, deepspace. We will keep you informed, apprised, in the loop and hopefully with good tidings. Thanks for flying in for Samanda's celebration.

Just sayin'.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              Cake for all:

What a great cake for the gala. It looks like enough for us all.

Comment

Okay is a picture I have not posted in a while that I really love of Sam

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I liked the part in Avatar where
                  Spoiler:
                  they are going to send someone in to help Teal'c but it would be risking their lives. Jack, Sam & Daniel say simultaneously "I'll do it."
                  What a great sign of their friendship.

Trying not to panic about this mysterious news...
                  I loved that scene, too. I used to wonder
                  Spoiler:
                  why Sam wasn't sent in, but then she was needed to be where she could get the answer, as her colleague never does. And that scene where they were all pointing guns at each other, now THAT'S friendship!
                  Ok, just kidding on that. It was a wild scene, though!
                  Spoiler:
                  And those last shots of Teal'c and Jack, sweet.

Steady about the impending news, jckfan55; I'm so trying not to dwell there til I have to.

Just sayin'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                    Nice, Dani76 and welcome.
                    I have to study for a big test this weekend, which is why I couldn't go to GABIT as I had planned to, but I have been lurking since you started the festivities.
                    Needless to say, I have been unable to concentrate since I heard that something happened at GABIT. I just hope that somebody will show some mercy soon and let us know what's going on.
                    Until then, I have to say, great job hosting our party, Traveler!!! Bravo!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      I loved that scene, too. I used to wonder
                      Spoiler:
                      why Sam wasn't sent in, but then she was needed to be where she could get the answer, as her colleague never does. And that scene where they were all pointing guns at each other, now THAT'S friendship!
                      Ok, just kidding on that. It was a wild scene, though!
                      Spoiler:
                      And those last shots of Teal'c and Jack, sweet.

Steady about the impending news, jckfan55; I'm so trying not to dwell there til I have to.

Just sayin'.
                      I figured re: that scene
                      Spoiler:
                      that she was 2nd to Jack in tactical skill, so it would have been almost as bad as sending Jack in.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay is a picture I have not posted in a while that I really love of Sam

OOOh. Thought that comes to mind: The sky's the limit.

Thanks for that, tsaxlady somehow it's uplifting about now.

Just sayin'.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I figured re: that scene
                          Spoiler:
                          that she was 2nd to Jack in tactical skill, so it would have been almost as bad as sending Jack in.
                          I like that explanation.

Just sayin'.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had lots of help from all of you, Dani76. Be well and good luck on the exams. Fly in or fly over anytime!

Just sayin'.
                            sigpic

Comment

I see lots of spectators tonight. Would love to hear from you your POSITIVE, FUN/FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL THOUGHTS ABOUT AMANDA TAPPING/SAMANTHA CARTER AND/OR SAMANDA!

I'm going to be here much of tonight, to spin down as many pages as possible before tomorrow (Sunday) noon. A long time, for sure. But I'm enjoying the challenge. I mean, who wouldn't, considering the wonderful guest of honor is...AMANDA TAPPING! And it's a wonderful showcase for the volume of artistic and geek talent that dwells here often.

Feel free to add anything you'd like, even questions like "Who?" Kindness reigns here no matter what your...um, awareness. Kidding about awareness; serious about the kindness.

Just sayin', step to the mike, anyone!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi **waves** Friends!!!
                                I admired Sam's courage when she remained with Cassie knowing that her life was in danger. Sam demonstrated deep affection and compassion for that frightened little girl. A peek into what Sam, the mother, will be like someday!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X