Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Spoiler:

Jack: Does that mean that somewhere out there, there's a reality where I got to second base with you?
    Sam: (blushing) Apart from this one?

I wish.
    LOL - actually...

Spoiler:
    Taking into account the sheer number of realities we've already seen where Sam and Jack area already snoggin' (including this one!! *g*) - it'd be more likely the scene would go:

Jack: Does that mean that somewhere out there, there's a reality where you and I DIDN'T spend last night ... (he leans over and whispers something inaudible into her ear)
    Sam: (blushing) Theoretically... (she looks up at him with a sly smile) ... but I doubt it.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      for me, s6 was the highest spot of the series it was the season with the least cringers and most eps that i've rewatched

it also fired up my muse like no other season has
      I know I've been toying with a Paradise Lost fic and have a couple pages of notes and scene ideas typed up finally. Mainly inspired by Sam and Teal'c's locker room scene.
      Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I also liked S6, maybe we should have a petition to bring back Jonas
      There's likely been one before. And didn't Joe on the Q&A thread say no to that idea?
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        I agree with you, ChillinTheMost. I'm enjoying the Sam and Mitchell friendship on screen thus far as well. I also agree with others that it would be good to see more of this friendship's backstory, to give it more depth. I hope they can write this backstory into one of the episodes for season 10.
        i'd like to know the background on their relay too. but i DON'T want it to go shippy for them. i don't think it will actually.

did they meet at the academy together? how long have they known each other?

i'd like it if they were distant cousins or something.

have you ever tried to get yourself excited by something that is burning out for you? and it's burning out because of a lack of tlc for it? stargate used to be prime rib, now it's a nice hamburger combo at mcdonalds.

i tried getting a good convo going for us with 'what are you excited by in an upcoming ep?', but... i don't really think most of us 'are' excited by much because we know the writers aren't going to do their best with sam carter. that is beyond sad.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          LOL - actually...

Spoiler:
          Taking into account the sheer number of realities we've already seen where Sam and Jack area already snoggin' (including this one!! *g*) - it'd be more likely the scene would go:

Jack: Does that mean that somewhere out there, there's a reality where you and I DIDN'T spend last night ... (he leans over and whispers something inaudible into her ear)
          Sam: (blushing) Theoretically... (she looks up at him with a sly smile) ... but I doubt it.

minigeek
          A true shipper through and through!!! I love your version.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            I know I've been toying with a Paradise Lost fic and have a couple pages of notes and scene ideas typed up finally. Mainly inspired by Sam and Teal'c's locker room scene.
            oooh, is it done yet? huh? huh? huh?

done yet?

yet????

yet??????

c'mon, you're killing me here
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's me - ship junkie extraordinaire.

Speaking of which, I read a really intense Sam-Whumping fic last night. I mean *really* intense whumping. There's five seperate stories in a series, called "Alea lacta est", by Mabyn - and the series deals with super heavy stuff. Unabashed ship as well, but if you really want to see Sam whumped (and I do mean this is not for the faint of heart), it's worth a read; emotional rollercoaster ride.

I'll post a link to a search result on Helio2 where all the stories are listed, there are five in all and you need to check inside to figure out which is which, I think the author numbers them just before she begins each one I, II, III, etc...

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...2&FastSearch=0

I should say that this is the first fanfic I ever read that made me cry (and not the happy kind). But if you can get through the ups and downs of the angst, it won't end leaving you feeling hollow and depressed, that I can definitely attest to. Very worth the read, imho.

mini

Comment

I'm working on a fic that happens after Abyss and Nightwalkers. S6 was a great season

It's funny how in S8 when they kept telling us RDA was cutting down on his time, that he was in most of the shows. Leading to SG1 being stuck on base and not seeing Sam's ability to lead SG1 like she did in S6.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

it is good, but definitely read the warnings. it deals with non-con and psychological issues and emotional fallout.

it's on helio 2 for a very good reason

i think my one quibble was.....where was teal'c? dude just was not there.

sigpic

Comment

during s6 i think i wrote a missing scene for almost every eps, plus lots more. I think i averaged a fic a week at least. it was a crazy year and my muse was in high gear.

she's settled down a lot since then and i tend to find myself playing in an au rather than anything current.

iirc, for s7 i wrote less than a dozen fic and for s8 even less...thus far i've written one s9 fic and that was a sequel to a s8 one so....while some find the show entertaining, my muse certainly doesn't

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Yeah, that's me - ship junkie extraordinaire.

Speaking of which, I read a really intense Sam-Whumping fic last night. I mean *really* intense whumping. There's five seperate stories in a series, called "Alea lacta est", by Mabyn - and the series deals with super heavy stuff. Unabashed ship as well, but if you really want to see Sam whumped (and I do mean this is not for the faint of heart), it's worth a read; emotional rollercoaster ride.

I'll post a link to a search result on Helio2 where all the stories are listed, there are five in all and you need to check inside to figure out which is which, I think the author numbers them just before she begins each one I, II, III, etc...

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...2&FastSearch=0

I should say that this is the first fanfic I ever read that made me cry (and not the happy kind). But if you can get through the ups and downs of the angst, it won't end leaving you feeling hollow and depressed, that I can definitely attest to. Very worth the read, imho.

mini
                      I can't face it at the moment, but have bookmarked it. What sort of whumping does it entail? Can you give a few spoilers, please? Because there's some stuff I physically can't read.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

oooh, is it done yet? huh? huh? huh?

done yet?

yet????

yet??????

c'mon, you're killing me here
                        *chuckles* It'll never get done the longer I surf around GW and my usual haunts! LOL! But the idea has been simmering for a while and I'd scribbled some notes down on my commute to work.... finally putting it into WORD and getting a better idea of what I want to do with it.... It had been my intention to get into it this evening to take a longer look at what I've typed this week. (In its scribbley, un-spellchecked, eeny, weeny germ of an idea stage it's only 1500-ish words/8 pages...) *grins* And being not so big on posting WIPS..... *grins more devilishly* maybe I'll have it done by GABIT! LOL!

*giggles* But I am trying to get more disciplined about writing and have been trying to get up a half hour earlier specifically to write..... (though most mornings I've either hit the snooze button or or wasted the time lying there listening to the newsradio....) Ah well... But you'll be the first I let know when it's done. ((((Sky)))
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

it is good, but definitely read the warnings. it deals with non-con and psychological issues and emotional fallout.

it's on helio 2 for a very good reason

i think my one quibble was.....where was teal'c? dude just was not there.
                          Just took a quick look at the link and skimmed a chapter. *dips head Teal'c-like* I now know what you mean by non-con..... (hadn't heard it referred to like that before) And yes.... definitely read the warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I can't face it at the moment, but have bookmarked it. What sort of whumping does it entail? Can you give a few spoilers, please? Because there's some stuff I physically can't read.
                            The author's note covers it well (from the first story):
                            http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2.../aleaiacta.php

I can also say, despite the tremendous whumping, that this story contains several of the most beautifully eloquted Sam/Jack emotonal moments I've read as well.

Comment

spoilers about the fic
                              Spoiler:

sam is raped, repeatedly in exchange for the aliens not killing jack and daniel. quite obviously she has some serious issues with it, and not just nightmares and flashbacks. there are also physical manifictations ofher issues.
                              jack takes her up to his cabin to help her heal and, well to keep her out of a mental ward

the rapes aren't horribly explicit, but they are also explicit in a way, not quite a blow by blow account but more details than 'i was raped'

not one for the faint of heart.

it's also a long fic, i think all 5 chapters come to over 200 pages

sigpic

Comment

Just took a quick look at the link and skimmed a chapter. *dips head Teal'c-like* I now know what you mean by non-con..... (hadn't heard it referred to like that before) And yes.... definitely read the warnings.
                                yeah, sorry, non-con = non-consensual sex

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X