Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop the jello and no one gets hurt!
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      That a pretty deep thought for a late Friday night ... But I had two immediate thoughts. Here goes ...

One - That's just too scary.

Two - For me I think Fifth's capture and torture in and of itself was scary. Fifth was practicing the human emotion of revenge. Revenge void of all other human emotion is a scary place especially if it's directed at you and you can't defend yourself. I imagined she was knocked unconscious when Fifth beamed her aboard. So she awoke to a never ending nightmare.

EDIT: I see what you are saying Majorsal and it would be worse, but for me it would take away from Fifth's evilness if you will. Fifth was hurt by Sam's betrayal and probably was tortured himself by his brethens. So by Fifth acting alone it's more Fifth vs. Sam instead of Replicators vs. Humans.
      This works for me, ann_sgcfan. But I think that Fifth's brethren could have intensified Sam's suffering because they are connected. She was surrounded by them, and with Fifth's physical invasion
      Spoiler:
      (hand in her head, now
      that's a scarey image.) it certainly didn't make things easier. I see it as your "never ending nightmare" with echoes. Hope that makes sense.

Just sayin'.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Well if we are going to hit page 1,000 this weekend the post count had better start going up soon.

How about a couple behind the scenes pics?

Very halloween-y; all Sam needs is a hockey mask.

Yes, pictures fill pages quite well, tsaxlady. Anybody got more? And love that sig! LOL!

Just sayin', thanks for hangin'!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          OK. I'm dying here.

I have to go to work tomorrow (whine, whine, enter official seal of whiney-whiner pants here), and I wanted to get some scoop tonight. Now I have to wait until SUNDAY, after the news is old.

Someone give me something. A bite. OK, a nibble.

A sliver?

Surely someone's communicated with ONE of the lucky ba-GABITEERS this evening?!?!?!?

No?

Fine.

For those of you who don't know me: I'm just kidding...

Sort of.
          We feel you, Gabit is on all Samandans' minds this weekend. Can't hardly wait for ANY news, but hey. That's why I want to hang here as long as I can, hoping any of them will make it on line with tidbits, like "landed in London, it was raining." Or "had high tea, still hungry." I thought of Gabit all day! Kind of happy that our very own Samandans are meeting her. *sigh*.

Just sayin', come back when you can, the dancer of spaz; we'll keep each other sane till Sunday.
          sigpic

Comment

And please clue me, was Gateworld down? I had problems getting on line and staying on (still shakey tonight) but wasn't aware there was a problem here.

OF ALL WEEKENDS! I missed participating for most of early Friday because of connection/site glitches. Dammit, colonel! Oh, wait. Fave quote of Sam's from Solitudes.

Fave quotes. Fave pics. Got any?

Just sayin'.
            sigpic

Comment

A bit of Sam here, a bit of Sam there...

Last edited by SamFan31; 28 October 2005, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                And please clue me, was Gateworld down? I had problems getting on line and staying on (still shakey tonight) but wasn't aware there was a problem here.

OF ALL WEEKENDS! I missed participating for most of early Friday because of connection/site glitches. Dammit, colonel! Oh, wait. Fave quote of Sam's from Solitudes.

Fave quotes. Fave pics. Got any?

Just sayin'.
                Yeah Gateworld did an update earlier today and there have been some minor issues with the forum since the update. This may be one of those weekends were GW is off again/on again - time will tell
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Post #7403 May 17th, 2005, 12:56 AM
                  ÜberSG-1Fan

Re: Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons

Dumb question here...but when do we plan to start a Spankin' new thread??? 400 pages? 500???
                  Hmmm. "We were so much older then, we're younger than that now." Glad we stayed with the thread!

Just sayin'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

Very nice work, SamFan. It almost sounds like a song.

Comment

Thread: Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons View Single Post #8002 May 24th, 2005, 10:39 PM
                      Traveler Enroute1

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
                      Oddly, the way Sam has been portrayed since her blending with Jolinar, I have a feeling that she tends to not allow herself to get too attached to other hosts because she's a bit afraid of that side of herself. She does not seem very comfortable with the prospect of using the technology and we know that her experiences with having naquadah in her blood hasn't been pleasant.

Kat

Nice analysis. It's a plot black-hole that the writers and PTB have left for too long. I agree that Sam is blocking that "shadow" knowledge from Jolinar. It may be the strength of the symbiote's character and duty match Sam's more than she wants to admit. As she told her Tollan beau, she had to make sure that whatever she was feeling were actually HER feelings, not Jolinar's.

In another thread, someone asked why Sam seemed to be so very efficient in matching Ancient and Goa'uld technology to Earth's less advanced one, and the joining with Jolinar was put up as one answer. That Jolinar's experiences and exposure to those technologies found there way into Sam's consciousness. Not sure I agree fully with that; Sam has always been the genius from air force academy on. Nevertheless, a fair question touching on the possible effects Sam may be feeling. (What a battle they missed out on: Sam vs Osiris using the Goa'uld wrist thingies!)

And no mistake: that initial "blending" with Jolinar was traumatic; Sam essentially disappeared when the symbiote invaded, yet we know the host survives. Has she had nightmares, as someone posted? Find herself seeing something other than what's there? Hearing voices? Maybe the fiction books pick up on some of this, but it would deepen our understanding of Sam to see her handle post traumatic stress on screen.
                      Our past sure stays with us! Some interesting discussions back when, too.

Just sayin', Sam's a Great Character brought out a lot of good ideas, and a chance to express ourselves to others who agreed or disagreed. All in fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Yeah Gateworld did an update earlier today and there have been some minor issues with the forum since the update. This may be one of those weekends were GW is off again/on again - time will tell
                        Hmm. May not be my problem, then. I got on ok at work, but there they have some supernatural speed demon server or something, of which I am very jealous. Tonight I lost my connection 3 time. Yech.

Thanks for the head's up. BTW, I aim to get as close to 1000 pages as possible. Think it's ok to "salvage" some previous pics for new duty? Not able to compose my own yet, but they'd come in handy now.

Just sayin'.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

I am Sam, Sam I am, and I can shoot you down, I can

I like this manip. Triplets, WAY if only for Jack!

Just sayin, got any more?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                            I am Sam, Sam I am, and I can shoot you down, I can

I like this manip. Triplets, WAY if only for Jack!

Just sayin, got any more?
                            That seems like it would work perfectly with the old theme song for Spiderman...

Spiderman, Spiderman,
                            Does whatever a spider can ...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              That seems like it would work perfectly with the old theme song for Spiderman...

Spiderman, Spiderman,
                              Does whatever a spider can ...

True that - like:
                              I am Sam, Sam I am, doing what scientist/soldier can...

Maybe not. Like yours better. . It's the hour, I swear!

Just sayin'.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Royal Documentarian (yours truly) is trying to come up with ideas for a special documentary depicting the history of Samanda in honor of the 1000th Page Gala coming up, but I need some help in recapping some of our major milestones. If anyone has a general idea of WHERE certain posts were, that'd be great. You don't have to find the original if you don't have the time, but if you DEFINITELY know, that'd be awesome.

The Documentary Will Include:

*First Steps: The very first post on Samanda by the lovely and talented threadstarter (and perhaps an exclusive, never-before-read interview)
                                *Samanda: The Birth of a Kingdom
                                *Kindness Reigns Here: The Creation of Our Motto
                                *Pieces To The Puzzle: The Royal Positions and how everyone contributes
                                *When You're Out of Green Jello: The very first post of Blue Jello
                                *A Picture Says A Thousand Words: Memorable pics and manipulations of Sam/Amanda and members of Samanda
                                *Sam-antics: Humorous quotes/inside jokes/tangents
                                *Some of the most inspirational first few posts here on Samanda from last year - these are open to whatever anyone suggests, as there's no criteria for "most inspirational"
                                *The Heart of Samanda: Memorable quotes from new and old Samandans, artwork and projects, quotes from AT, and perhaps some great highlights from GABIT as remembered by some of the lucky GW members who attended

If anyone's interested in helping me find some of this stuff, let me know!

Comment

Working...
                                X