Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    JanSam, I don't mean to insult Damian. I am thrilled with this baby of his. I just wonder if he is so busy with other aspects of the show that writing it doesn't get the attention he'd like to give it. Can you imagine if Amanda had to find the time to write Sanctuary episodes?
    I know she'll never have the time, but I would love to see an eppie written by Amanda.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Writing can be hard. You have to have a certain detachment from but fondness for the characters. But you also shouldn't play favorites. I would think she'd be so hypercritical of herself that she'd have a tough time concentrating on servicing the story without focusing on being the actor.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Writing can be hard. You have to have a certain detachment from but fondness for the characters. But you also shouldn't play favorites. I would think she'd be so hypercritical of herself that she'd have a tough time concentrating on servicing the story without focusing on being the actor.
        That's why I was never too fond of the Stargate episodes written by Chris Judge. They always focused on Teal'c and the Jaffa.
        sigpic

Comment

he clung to his comfort zone, his own character...and given how few jaffa eps we sometimes got, that was fine. That said, yeah, he did tend to marty stu himself

MS did the same thing in Resurrection.

IMHO, if a person wants to write for a show they need to write them ALL to some degree. Don't just write a showcase for yourself to act, write an episode for 'all'.

not to say that she can't do it. But I do think her preferences lie on the technical side of things, directing, producing....honestly? that's where the money is. that's where a long term career is. Helen Shaver, Roxanne Dawson, among others...actresses that moved into the technical side and have had decades long careers off it.

By and large, anyone can bang out a script. Or come up with a story that a screen writer polishes into a producible script. but directing and producing is a bit harder.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jansam View Post

just what did you slip into their drinks in london?

:d

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              :d
              Hehe, Eh-T is licking her nose.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

FAO UK Sanctuary Fans.

I emailed Watch and asked about the second half of season 3. This was their response

Sanctuary *UK Premiere* *Series Continues*
                Tuesdays, 9pm (from Tuesday 14th June)
                Part two of sci-fi hit Sanctuary's third series roars back onto Watch this month with more monsters and explosive action.

Featuring Stargate's Amanda Tapping as 158-year-old Dr Helen Magnus, head of a secret group of some of the 19th century's most experimental minds (including Nikola Tesla and Dr James Watson) who has crossed the boundaries of time to patrol the streets, she offers help and sanctuary to monsters and beasts that are found on the streets and in dark corners, and aren't accepted by human society.

Along with her own century-and-a-half's worth of experience, Magnus has gathered around her an expert team of 'abnormal' hunters - there's reluctant protégé Will, her reckless daughter Ashley, geeky Henry and a taciturn Neanderthal-like abnormal they call Big Guy.

This month's episodes kick off with the team head underground to search for a subterranean city.

I also pointed out that these episodes have been on the internet since April and that they were, in effect, encouraging avid fans to download in order not to be spoiled. They did not comment on that point. (Surprise, surprise!) I stated that I hoped they wouldn't axe the programme for lack of viewers (because they had seen the episodes already).

I really wish I could get somebody who can do something about this to comment on why they insist on letting this happen. They scream about piracy but don't help themselves.

Rant over.

Mumsey
                Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 24 May 2011, 07:23 AM. Reason: Close brackets.
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  FAO UK Sanctuary Fans.

I emailed Watch and asked about the second half of season 3. This was their response

Sanctuary *UK Premiere* *Series Continues*
                  Tuesdays, 9pm (from Tuesday 14th June)
                  Part two of sci-fi hit Sanctuary's third series roars back onto Watch this month with more monsters and explosive action.

Featuring Stargate's Amanda Tapping as 158-year-old Dr Helen Magnus, head of a secret group of some of the 19th century's most experimental minds (including Nikola Tesla and Dr James Watson) who has crossed the boundaries of time to patrol the streets, she offers help and sanctuary to monsters and beasts that are found on the streets and in dark corners, and aren't accepted by human society.

Along with her own century-and-a-half's worth of experience, Magnus has gathered around her an expert team of 'abnormal' hunters - there's reluctant protégé Will, her reckless daughter Ashley, geeky Henry and a taciturn Neanderthal-like abnormal they call Big Guy.

This month's episodes kick off with the team head underground to search for a subterranean city.

I also pointed out that these episodes have been on the internet since April and that they were, in effect, encouraging avid fans to download in order not to be spoiled. They did not comment on that point. (Surprise, surprise!) I stated that I hoped they wouldn't axe the programme for lack of viewers (because they had seen the episodes already).

I really wish I could get somebody who can do something about this to comment on why they insist on letting this happen. They scream about piracy but don't help themselves.

Rant over.

Mumsey
                  It gets better. They sent me the schedule...
                  Episode 11: 07/06/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 12: 07/06/2011 at 22:00
                  Episode 13: 14/06/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 14: 21/06/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 15: 28/06/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 16: 05/07/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 17: 12/07/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 18: 19/07/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 19: 26/07/2011 at 21:00
                  Episode 20: 27/06/2011 at 01:00
                  Episode 20 (Again): 02/08/2011 at 21:00

Episode 20 goes out at 1am 27th and then at 9pm 2nd August. I'm trusting that that is 27th July and not June as quoted. (Not my error, I copied/pasted from the email.)
                  I'll query that and report when I get a response.

What a way to run a business!...

Mumsey

Comment

Wow. Very poorly handled in the UK. *Hugs my Space channel*

Comment

tapping tuesday

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...7#post12642897

sigpic

Comment

While you have some good points, you probably lost some of your grrrr cred by signing the emails "Mumsey."

*runs away*
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Hehe, Eh-T is licking her nose.
                          Sometimes the GW smiley faces work and sometimes not.

While you have some good points, you probably lost some of your grrrr cred by signing the emails "Mumsey."

*runs away*
                          LOL! I'm not so sure. Isn't your Mom the last person you want mad at you?

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            It gets better. They sent me the schedule...
                            [COLOR="seagreen"]Episode 11: 07/06/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 12: 07/06/2011 at 22:00

Episode 13: 14/06/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 14: 21/06/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 15: 28/06/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 16: 05/07/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 17: 12/07/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 18: 19/07/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 19: 26/07/2011 at 21:00
                            Episode 20: 27/06/2011 at 01:00
                            Episode 20 (Again): 02/08/2011 at 21:00 [/COLOR]

Episode 20 goes out at 1am 27th and then at 9pm 2nd August. I'm trusting that that is 27th July and not June as quoted. (Not my error, I copied/pasted from the email.)
                            I'll query that and report when I get a response.

What a way to run a business!...

Mumsey
                            Ooh, a double-header for my bday!
                            Of course, I'm in the wrong country to enjoy it, but still - y'all can have a double-dose of Sanctuariness to celebrate me surviving another turn around the sun!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Wow. Very poorly handled in the UK. *Hugs my Space channel*
                            ^^what she said! *pats Space in appreciation*
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

woohoo

three months in a row, yay me
                              http://remixed.livejournal.com/412460.html

sigpic

Comment

*runs away*
                                Cheeky Monkey!!

I only use Mumsey on 'safe' sites and threads. When writing snitograms, they get the full name and title!

They did respond and the date for the first showing of episode 20 is 27th July at 1.am.

Mumsey

Comment

Working...
                                X