Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Yeah. I could see Helen doing it if she had to though.
    Oh yeah, I think if she had to Helen would do it. I just think if the show, or any show really, does that to a character they should follow through with it and not so easily undo that kind of trauma.

And to make this a bit more on-topic, I don't really think early seasons Sam would not have been able to make that kind of choice, she hadn't yet developed that 'survive at all costs' drive. But I can see her being able to do it later on in the series.

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    i agree the films arent bad and they are good for people who dont like reading but the problem for me is im one of those really picky people aswell so when they change a minor detail in the films or skip a chapter from the books it drives me nuts
    LOL, I had the same problem with the LOTR movies. I'm a massive fan of the books and after I saw Fellowship for the first time I drove my friends crazy complaining about all the changes. Eventually I just relaxed and learned to enjoy the films in their own right, but it took a while.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    *flies in*

Hey All, I'm at the Ren! ready for the AT5 fun to begin!!

Will keep you all posted *HUGS*

*flies out*

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Awesome! I'm sure you and everyone there will have a blast!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Oh yeah, I think if she had to Helen would do it. I just think if the show, or any show really, does that to a character they should follow through with it and not so easily undo that kind of trauma.
      i know what you mean. if all the bad things keep being erased, then it loses some of it's impact, story telling wise. but, BUT, i also don't want to be bummed out, so i kind of enjoy the things being erased.

i don't want to see helen without a limb, but i want to see the angst and mental trauma of her having to make the decision.

And to make this a bit more on-topic, I don't really think early seasons Sam would not have been able to make that kind of choice, she hadn't yet developed that 'survive at all costs' drive. But I can see her being able to do it later on in the series.
      i agree too.

now i'm imaging atlantis-sam having to go through this situation (and it's easier to erase the bad)
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i know what you mean. if all the bad things keep being erased, then it loses some of it's impact, story telling wise. but, BUT, i also don't want to be bummed out, so i kind of enjoy the things being erased.

i don't want to see helen without a limb, but i want to see the angst and mental trauma of her having to make the decision.
        Probably the best way do that would be to go until she's made the decision, but she's then rescued/found, etc before she goes through with it. It's rather convenient timing, but you get your angst and emotion without either a quick fix or one-arm Helen.

i agree too.

now i'm imaging atlantis-sam having to go through this situation (and it's easier to erase the bad)
        Maybe an AU of Trio where Sam's the only one who falls into the room and the others are looking for her or trying to get down to her. She breaks her leg in the fall, develops compartment syndrome, and is faced with possibly having to amputate it if help doesn't arrive soon enough.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe an AU of Trio where Sam's the only one who falls into the room and the others are looking for her or trying to get down to her. She breaks her leg in the fall, develops compartment syndrome, and is faced with possibly having to amputate it if help doesn't arrive soon enough.
          In that scenario, assuming she did have to amputate, how would she climb out? I would think she'd be in so much pain that even the thought of trying to climb out would be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            *flies in*

Hey All, I'm at the Ren! ready for the AT5 fun to begin!!

Will keep you all posted *HUGS*

*flies out*

Julia(samcarterrules)
            I hope you remembered to smuggle in the pea shooter....and don't forget to aim at PengYn
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              In that scenario, assuming she did have to amputate, how would she climb out? I would think she'd be in so much pain that even the thought of trying to climb out would be too much.
              the guy that had to cut off his arm (the real life guy, the movie '127' was based on), was able to do unbelievable stuff, even though he was in bad shape after the cutting limb/no food and water for days. it must be that incredible thing inside us, that make it that we can sustain our lives under extreme situations. (like a mom being able to move a car off her child)

if it had happened on atlantis (and let's pretend the writers would have been skilled and interested enough to do it), it would have been intense to see sam with an mechanic artificial limb. let's say arm, from the elbow down, for this idea... the arm uses nanites. the nanites start acting in their own accord. they start acting like replicators. not in actually replicating themselves, but making sam's arm/hand do things that she doesn't want it to.

then the asgard come and remove the arm, clone her a new one from her own genes/dna, and operate to put it on. there's my happy ending.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

blue contact lenses.

Not the same. (imo. Totally different look. See Paris Hilton. )
                Last edited by suse; 10 February 2011, 03:47 PM.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm totally and completely shocked! You've never seen the movies???? Have you read any of the books?
                  Last time I read a book was like 2002. But really, I don't read much, the only time I read is when I'm online or whatever.

Probably the best way do that would be to go until she's made the decision, but she's then rescued/found, etc before she goes through with it. It's rather convenient timing, but you get your angst and emotion without either a quick fix or one-arm Helen.

That could be an interesting idea, but as long as she doesn't actually do it.

This is a short and old Hypaspace special on Stargate: Ark of Truth. The cast and crew talk about what it was like making the movie and how ends the Ori storyline. Oh, and this has blonde Amanda in it.

Btw, thanks to some new technology, I no longer need to record things off my TV with my camera. Those days are over!

Hypaspace- Amanda Tapping talks about Stargate: Ark of Truth

Comment

Maggie Smith rocks. I love her. she's a great actress and plays the best characters
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

This is a short and old Hypaspace special on Stargate: Ark of Truth. The cast and crew talk about what it was like making the movie and how ends the Ori storyline. Oh, and this has blonde Amanda in it.

Btw, thanks to some new technology, I no longer need to record things off my TV with my camera. Those days are over!

Hypaspace- Amanda Tapping talks about Stargate: Ark of Truth
                      watching this special (ff a bit )... i don't remember much of this movie. some scenes of sam working on some panel, replicators coming into the room and her firing... i don't know what that says about the movie? or the story arc of s9/10?

i liked 'continuum' a lot more.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

watching this special (ff a bit )... i don't remember much of this movie. some scenes of sam working on some panel, replicators coming into the room and her firing... i don't know what that says about the movie? or the story arc of s9/10?
                        i liked 'continuum' a lot more.
                        I'd tell you, but I might get modded
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          I'd tell you, but I might get modded
                          i think we all know the answer to my questions!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

then the asgard come and remove the arm, clone her a new one from her own genes/dna, and operate to put it on. there's my happy ending.
                            But by the time Sam is in Atlantis, there are no more Asgard. And I doubt the renegade Asgard would be willing to help, since they don't show up until Sam goes back to earth and has been replaced by Woolsey.

Comment

But by the time Sam is in Atlantis, there are no more Asgard. And I doubt the renegade Asgard would be willing to help, since they don't show up until Sam goes back to earth and has been replaced by Woolsey.

i didn't think it through.

after watching these early years of sg1 (just started season 4)... i can't believe how much feeling and details are missing at the end of sg1's run. did the writers really get 'that' bored? :/
                              Last edited by majorsal; 10 February 2011, 05:37 PM.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                                They already had someone play a teenagerish Helen, "http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0855045/"]
                                Emily Tennant[/URL] in the flashback scene before they picked up the Fata Morgana girls in Webisode #5.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...d/web50678.jpg
                                I wonder if she's related to David Tennant, of Dr. Who fame.

Comment

Working...
                                X