Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

if it had happened on atlantis (and let's pretend the writers would have been skilled and interested enough to do it), it would have been intense to see sam with an mechanic artificial limb. let's say arm, from the elbow down, for this idea... the arm uses nanites. the nanites start acting in their own accord. they start acting like replicators. not in actually replicating themselves, but making sam's arm/hand do things that she doesn't want it to.

then the asgard come and remove the arm, clone her a new one from her own genes/dna, and operate to put it on. there's my happy ending.
    She would probably be forced to be medically discharged from the Air Force, if she lost a limb. I don't think the AF keeps amputees in the service. But perhaps the fellow Atlantians could fight for her to stay as a civilian leader like Dr. Weir was! I recently read a fanfic where Sam stepped on a land mine and had to have her foot amputated. I'll try to find the link and post it, if any one is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      She would probably be forced to be medically discharged from the Air Force, if she lost a limb. I don't think the AF keeps amputees in the service. But perhaps the fellow Atlantians could fight for her to stay as a civilian leader like Dr. Weir was! I recently read a fanfic where Sam stepped on a land mine and had to have her foot amputated. I'll try to find the link and post it, if any one is interested.
      i read it. it was very well written .
      sally

sigpic

Comment

i know what you mean. if all the bad things keep being erased, then it loses some of it's impact, story telling wise. but, BUT, i also don't want to be bummed out, so i kind of enjoy the things being erased.
        i don't want to see helen without a limb, but i want to see the angst and mental trauma of her having to make the decision.
        Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Probably the best way do that would be to go until she's made the decision, but she's then rescued/found, etc before she goes through with it. It's rather convenient timing, but you get your angst and emotion without either a quick fix or one-arm Helen.

Maybe an AU of Trio where Sam's the only one who falls into the room and the others are looking for her or trying to get down to her. She breaks her leg in the fall, develops compartment syndrome, and is faced with possibly having to amputate it if help doesn't arrive soon enough.
        I don't mind convenient timing...it actually happens in real life so it's not like it's really that convenient - maybe the gods will be on her side!
        Sounds like a good whump fic...I wish I had the talent to write...I have so many fic ideas running through my head every day but I just don't know how to put pen to paper...figuratively speaking. Pity there isn't a machine that can record your thoughts....I'd be pumping out fics left right and center.
        if it had happened on atlantis (and let's pretend the writers would have been skilled and interested enough to do it), it would have been intense to see sam with an mechanic artificial limb. let's say arm, from the elbow down, for this idea... the arm uses nanites. the nanites start acting in their own accord. they start acting like replicators. not in actually replicating themselves, but making sam's arm/hand do things that she doesn't want it to.
        then the asgard come and remove the arm, clone her a new one from her own genes/dna, and operate to put it on. there's my happy ending.
        Sounds awesome but I don't want the Asgard to come along and save the day...I'd rather Sam figure it out...even McKay would be better than the Asgard....or Jack...using his Ancient powers or something.
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Maggie Smith rocks. I love her. she's a great actress and plays the best characters
        Totally agree. She'd be an awesome lady to meet and chat with.

I bought a ticket to meet William Shatner...I uhm'ed and ah'ed about it for a while and then went for it...I'd like to hear him talk about the new show he'll be doing with Amanda as well as talk about that show Sh1t my dads says - I'm not a fan of Captain Kirk...I don't like that character so I hope I made the right decision...too late now I guess.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

he seems to be a fun guy with a real down to earth - non primadona attitude
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

I bought a ticket to meet William Shatner...I uhm'ed and ah'ed about it for a while and then went for it...I'd like to hear him talk about the new show he'll be doing with Amanda as well as talk about that show Sh1t my dads says - I'm not a fan of Captain Kirk...I don't like that character so I hope I made the right decision...too late now I guess.
            i wonder if that's one of the reasons amanda's going to be at the dragon con, b/c with william being there, they can talk and promote their new show.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I recently read a fanfic where Sam stepped on a land mine and had to have her foot amputated. I'll try to find the link and post it, if any one is interested.
              Yes please...I read it but can't remember what it was called or if I bookmarked it...thank you!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

he seems to be a fun guy with a real down to earth - non primadona attitude
                Oh I hope so. I chose the meet & greet session so I really hope he's worth it.
                i wonder if that's one of the reasons amanda's going to be at the dragon con, b/c with william being there, they can talk and promote their new show.
                Sounds plausible...I almost got the impression that it came as a huge surprise that Amanda would be attending Dragon Con....so maybe it's all about promoting the Zenoids.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

watching this special (ff a bit )... i don't remember much of this movie. some scenes of sam working on some panel, replicators coming into the room and her firing... i don't know what that says about the movie? or the story arc of s9/10?

i liked 'continuum' a lot more.

I liked AoT slightly more because the whole team were working together, and it was a great way to end the Ori storyline. It was just a great movie overall.

I can't see them ever discharging her from the air force, even if she can't be on the field anymore, she much to valuable a member of the SGC and the air force to let go.

Oh I hope so. I chose the meet & greet session so I really hope he's worth it.

Sounds plausible...I almost got the impression that it came as a huge surprise that Amanda would be attending Dragon Con....so maybe it's all about promoting the Zenoids.
                  Those are good reasons, but I don't really care because she's just going and so could I. Wow, this really could be my first con, and I could meet Amanda and William.

Comment

i think, especially after all the amputees we've had in the past few years, being an amputee isn't an automatic dismissal...it depends on what your job is and whether or not you can still do it.

with your prosthesis, are you still as mobile as you were? can you still do your job?

so i think now, it's less 'damaged goods, goodbye' and more 'how close to 'before' can you get and can you still do your duties?'

Sam, just like Jack, would be offered a level of civilian or 'behind the lines' duty (desk job)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think, especially after all the amputees we've had in the past few years, being an amputee isn't an automatic dismissal...it depends on what your job is and whether or not you can still do it.

with your prosthesis, are you still as mobile as you were? can you still do your job?

so i think now, it's less 'damaged goods, goodbye' and more 'how close to 'before' can you get and can you still do your duties?'

Sam, just like Jack, would be offered a level of civilian or 'behind the lines' duty (desk job)
                      That's right. There are athletes out there that can do really impressive things out there with prosthetic limbs. There was this young girl on The Amazing Race who had an artificial leg, and I was routing for her to win, because of how much heart and determination she had through the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        In that scenario, assuming she did have to amputate, how would she climb out? I would think she'd be in so much pain that even the thought of trying to climb out would be too much.
                        I was thinking more that Sam would be rescued before she had to amputate her leg, or at worse the amputation helps her survive long enough to be rescued. It can be quite amazing what people are capable of despite being in enormous pain, though I think you're right that she wouldn't be able to climb out all by herself.

Maggie Smith rocks. I love her. she's a great actress and plays the best characters
                        She is amazing. Most recently I adored her character on Downton Abbey on PBS.

I don't mind convenient timing...it actually happens in real life so it's not like it's really that convenient - maybe the gods will be on her side!
                        Sounds like a good whump fic...I wish I had the talent to write...I have so many fic ideas running through my head every day but I just don't know how to put pen to paper...figuratively speaking. Pity there isn't a machine that can record your thoughts....I'd be pumping out fics left right and center.
                        Heh, same here. I did manage a Sam/Teal'c tag to ITLOD, but I generally get stalled out if I attempt anything with a more involved plot.

Very cool! I bet you'll still have fun, from what I've seen of him in interviews he seems like a fun guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          *flies in*

Hey All, I'm at the Ren! ready for the AT5 fun to begin!!

Will keep you all posted *HUGS*

*flies out*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          have a fantastic time julia
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Heh, same here. I did manage a Sam/Teal'c tag to ITLOD, but I generally get stalled out if I attempt anything with a more involved plot.
                            I'm the same way, so I've been trying either very short stuff (drabbles?) or something like a short story. I seem to do okay with that length. I don't seem to have the creative ability to do anything that is several chapters or longer. Wish I did.

Maybe you could do more "tag length" stories?

Comment

Happy Birthday Sky!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                Happy Birthday Sky!!!!
                                Another one So soon

Oh well I guess they just keep coming and coming and coming.....

Have a good one Sky
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X