Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    If I had to pick ANYONE from the large pool of suitors (and if Jack had never, EVER entered her life): It'd be Barrett or Teal'c.[/COLOR]

OK, Here's my version of the "Not Good Enough For Sam Carter" List:

Narim - intellectual; Sam would have to save his life 24/7
    Martouf - intellectual; he's adorable, but has some issues with identifying Jolinar from Sam - and that's a problem
    Orlin - intellectual;
    Pete - what he lacks in the intellectual department, he makes up with toting a gun; what he makes up with toting a gun, he completely destroys by being a dipwad
    Daniel - he's most definitely GOOD ENOUGH for Sam, but he's one identical "science twin" glance from being apart of the same genetic code

Did I miss anyone?
    Nope. You pretty much covered the list of people who aren't good enough for Sam! Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      And, to bring things back around to the original topic, 2010 is the episode that sets the Jack/Sam relationship in stone. It's not Divide and Conquer. It's not even Beneath the Surface, which does a damn fine job of solidifying that bond in its own right. It's 2010. It's that one scene at Jack's cabin where they're both completely miserable. They hate what each other has become. But, in spite of that, they still care about each other. Sorry, but it's there. The actors did a great job in that scene and Brad Wright did an outstanding job writing it. I think that scene still has some of the best dialogue he's written for the characters, and that's saying something.
      See, I didn't get that impression. Yes they care about each other, but it didn't feel even remotely shippy to me. I get the impression that Sam was hurt that Jack turned his back on their friendship, and Jack felt hurt that Sam wouldn't listen to his misgivings about the Aschen. But not shippy.
      Maybe my ship radar is broken or something. Oh well, I doubt I'll be getting it fixed anytime soon

Comment

ALSO, I watched EDM last night, and did anyone mention the
        Spoiler:
        funny symbolism before? I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but the briefing room moments that led up to the Patch Removal Scene had Sam, Cam, Daniel and Teal'c in completely different clothes. Sam, Cameron and Daniel were all in various combos of the black, green and blue uniforms, and Teal'c was in his Jaffa robe. I had to laugh. Whether they did it on purpose or not, it totally tied into the disjointed aspect of the four characters for me.
        no, i didn't notice that. cool!

here's another thing about the ep ex deus machina that i meant to mention to you guys.
        Spoiler:
        right when sam is beaming into the bomb building and she first appears, she's holding her arm up. i couldn't figure out why. can you guys? i also can't remember if she just came from the van with daniel and barrett, so maybe she was doing something right then (with her arm up) that made her land in that position?...

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          See, I didn't get that impression. Yes they care about each other, but it didn't feel even remotely shippy to me. I get the impression that Sam was hurt that Jack turned his back on their friendship, and Jack felt hurt that Sam wouldn't listen to his misgivings about the Aschen. But not shippy.
          Maybe my ship radar is broken or something. Oh well, I doubt I'll be getting it fixed anytime soon
          My interpretation of that scene has been that Jack seems more than hurt - he's downright bitter. The dialog is vitriolic at times and it seems to me that there's more going on there than the disagreement over the Aschen. Fast forward to the scene where everyone's gathered at the Aschen computer terminal and Joe shows up. The dynamic, the looks, the palpable tension are things I have put together with the scene at the cabin. My ship radar says Jack's angry/jealous whatever - that Sam ended up with Joe.

But that's just my ship radar - I don't know if others interpret anything in canon to support this.

BTW the final look at the end of Beneath the Surface is money!
          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            no, i didn't notice that. cool!

here's another thing about the ep ex deus machina that i meant to mention to you guys.
            Spoiler:
            right when sam is beaming into the bomb building and she first appears, she's holding her arm up. i couldn't figure out why. can you guys? i also can't remember if she just came from the van with daniel and barrett, so maybe she was doing something right then (with her arm up) that made her land in that position?...

sally
            Spoiler:
            She was holding onto something in the truck to steady herself while it was moving. She gets beamed into the building and her hand was still up as if she was still holding on

Comment

majorsal said: no, i didn't notice that. cool!

Spoiler:

Yeah. I noticed that as well, and was actually VERY glad they did it.
              Spoiler:
              When Sam was in the truck, she was kinda hanging/leaning on a shelf or something. They did it for continuity reasons, I suppose. Since I had been watching her hold onto that thing, I was expecting her to be beamed in the same position anyway, but I was kinda watching, wondering if they were gonna do it.

ON EDIT: Blast! AD's quick fingers strike AGAIN!

"Perhaps if you weren't so dang long-winded," someone in the crowd muttered.

Yeah... I suppose you're right...

Comment

Spoiler:
                She was holding onto something in the truck to steady herself while it was moving. She gets beamed into the building and her hand was still up as if she was still holding on
                thanks!

i can't believe they used continuity. wow.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

EDM spoiler pic. Speaking of continuity....

From the Van...

Comment

ON EDIT: Blast! AD's quick fingers strike AGAIN!

"Perhaps if you weren't so dang long-winded," someone in the crowd muttered.

Yeah... I suppose you're right...
                    Perhaps if you weren't weighed down by the ship...

Comment

SamFan31 said: EDM spoiler pic. Speaking of continuity....

From the Van...

Thanks for the pics!

One nit-picky thing, since we're on the subject Feel free to kick me... pseudo-
                      Spoiler:
                      When they have a wide shot of Sam and Daniel heading to the truck, look at who's in front and then look at who gets in the truck first when they cut to the interior of the truck.

Kick at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Gosh, AD, I had the same thoughts about going up against you. I promise you'll be getting my vote.

And in case you all were wondering, Trix Varia is my evil twin skippy.
                        Pfft, like you have anything to worry about. 'Knifes Edge' is one of the best Sam fics I have ever read!

Comment

*Mary Beth packs up "ship-dar repair kit to be sent overnight to Australia*

See...it was EXTREMELY shippy for me. Jack was about as bitter as it gets. Sam was there to get Jack to work with her and the others to fix a mistake they made 10 years earlier and thereby undo everything...including her marriage to Joe and she knew it. She didn't even talk to Joe first about it.

But you know what? You don't have to see it as shippy. That's my take on it (and the take of MOST of the people who's ever seen it...but I digress).

BUT there is one singular requirement that you MUST acknowledge in order to remain in the KINGDOM OF SAMANDA:

And that is, that a future Samatha Carter was THE force of the story. She was the one who figured out that the problem was universal. She was the team leader from the first scene at the restaurant. She was the one who tried to get Jack to participate even though she knew she'd face opposition. She was the one who got her husband to help out. She was the one who swallowed her pride when Joe made his ultimatum about her participating because she knew the mission HAD to play out. And finally, SHE was the one who couldn't stand not being involved and...at great personal sacrifice and even death...SHE'S the one who got the note through to the past.

The point being...that although it truly was a team episode and they all risked and lost their lives in the course of carrying out this mission, Samantha Carter was THE one who got it done.

So see or not see ship...that's fine. I've seen some moments on screen that I thought were meant one way (not ship related...just random scenes) but then read later that Amanda played them a completely different way.

But that's why God made vanilla and rocky road.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i just logged out of the forum when i saw that gateworld had new spoilers for the second to last ep of the season (crusade). all i can say is, oh no...

sally, disappointed....
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Agent_Dark had the audacity to say: Perhaps if you weren't weighed down by the ship...

That's it.

*grabs shipper glock*

I'm not one to turn to violence - especially with guns - but you've crossed the line, pal!

*shoots Sam/Jack shippy scenes, fic, vids and music in AD's general direction*

Take that.

Comment

Pfft, like you have anything to worry about. 'Knifes Edge' is one of the best Sam fics I have ever read!
                                I second that!

Comment

Working...
                                X