All I want is a host somewhere,
    Far away from this canopic lair.
    One with enormous hair,
    Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?
    Lots of Tauri for me to beat,
    Lots of other gods to defeat.
    A face, and hands, and feet,
    Aow, so loverly wrapped around a bloomin' human spine.
    I would never budge untill
    The whole galaxy was mine!
    Someone's head waiting just for me,
    Warm an' tender as it can be. 'ho takes good care of me,
    Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly
    [REPEAT]

Coming soon: The Street Where Sam Lives - sung by Orlin

[wild applause] Brava! Brava! More!
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      That reminds me: In the new Stargate Magazine they have this article "Season of Change" with a Set Visit Diary. I think Tsaxlady already quoted some parts from it. I found another part that I thought was too hilarious. Since it's not only about AT and since some of you might still be waiting for your magazine, I am going to put it in spoilers, hope that's okay and it's not too far off topic:

Spoiler:
      The joking around culminates in Chris Judge lowering his trousers and showing his perfectly-formed behind to the mass of crew behind video village...Brad Turner realizes that one of the crew is filming for the season nine DVD extra set. He wasn't banking on it, but Chris Judge just had his antics recorded for the world at large.
      Oh my. And I wasn't going to buy S9. 'Course hubs sure won't appreciate that....

Dani, I just tried to green you but was disallowed by the system. Consider yourself slimed! {{{dani}}}
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

ROFL! That will make for some entertaining '' Behindthe scenes" DVD extras.
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
          Oh my. And I wasn't going to buy S9. 'Course hubs sure won't appreciate that....

Dani, I just tried to green you but was disallowed by the system. Consider yourself slimed! {{{dani}}}
          Thanks for the slime, Almond.
          I know what you mean - guess we'll have to get the S9 DVD set after all - let's just hope they'll keep it on there. My hubby won't be too thrilled either - BUT What's a girl to do???

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Sorry to be Off-Topic here, but what happend to the "Search" Option, I can't find it anymore?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Temporarily disable due to optimisation
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally Posted by MartoufLeTokra:
                www.stargate-atlantis-reunion.com is proud to make you discover an exclusive interview with David Hewlett who plays the talented doctor Rodney McKay.

38 questions to discover who really is David Hewlett. This three parter interview has been translated to French but all the american fans are able to read it in english, just below the french version.

<snip>

The producers mentioned that they'd like to see the Atlantis Team
                going offworld with SG-1. Is that foresee?
                It could be great to see McKay with Samantha Carter again.
                Funny that you should mention that...let's just say McKay and Carter in a puddle jumper full of water!
                I must say that I for one am really NOT looking forward to this one. It seems to be the most unorginal of all the Atlantis copies yet, and to me, it takes away from Sam and from Grace. Part of what I really enjoy about Grace is that it is so singular, so unique. There's no other Stargate episode like it, and it's one that fans recognize as Sam's. To simply copy the idea and give it to McKay takes away from a good portion of what's special about Grace. It makes it just another episode and it's another example of TPTB using SG-1 and its long, successful history to prop up Atlantis in the face of dwindling creativity and sparse character connections on that show.

I'm disappointed that TPTB feel the need to use Sam in Grace Under Pressure as well. What does it say about the Atlantis "team" when for McKay to truly have any meaningful contact with another person (or imaginary person) that it has to be with someone he hasn't seen in over three years and with whom he is only briefly connected. Surely this must deal with his inferiority complex concerning Sam, because otherwise, how are the two characters even related? His job on SG-1, and with Sam in particular, is to be not quite as smart, kind, or likeable as her. I can only hope that the point of this episode is to change that in some small degree.

Lastly, I'll be really pissed off if Sam's (and AT's) prescence in Grace Under Pressure is to play into another of McKay's puerile sexual fantasies. If she's only there to pat McKay on the back and give him an opportunity to kiss her, then it will truly be a waste of AT's time and a detriment to SG-1, where she can make a real contribution.

Sorry for the cynical outlook, but I don't see this one turning out any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Pics of our queen are always welcome and thanks for a new link.
                  Congrats on 2,300 posts! Great milestone!
                  Gatebee, let me know the next time you're in NYC. BTW, love your sig. Very cute.
                  WhatfateAlmondRoca, you are cracking me up w/ your song. GW won't let me rep you, though.
                  Daivy, thanks for bringing the search option issue up. I've also been having a hard time.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                  Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    Not to mention having underwear thrown at you. Major EWWWWW! That'd turn me off too.
                    Yes, that kind of psycho behavior is what gives all of us fans a bad name. We may gush a lot on this thread and some of the guys may drool a bit over AT , but I think we know here that it's all in fun. I think if any of us met AT we'd be respectfully gushy.
                    Well, I better get back to writing syllabi. Enough of taking a break here. Luckily, I've got over a week before I start whipping students into shape unlike you UK university people. I think I'll reward myself for getting work done by rewatching that scene in Beachhead....

Comment

On the Street Where Sam Lives Lyrics - sung by Orlin

I have never walked down a street before;
                      Is the pavement supposed to stay beneath my feet or low'r?
                      All at once am I only six feet high.
                      But at least now I know where you live.

Are there any Gates in this part of town?
                      Do black spy vans park in any other part of town?
                      Do special effects pour Out of ev'ry door?
                      No, it's just on the street where you live!

And oh! That glowy feeling
                      Just to know somehow you are near.
                      The overpowering feeling
                      That any second you may suddenly appear!

You can stop and stare. That don't bother me.
                      For there's no where in the universe I'd rather be.
                      Shut the door on me, I won't care you see
                      I'll walk right through the house where you live.

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        some of the guys may drool a bit over AT
                        Drool over Amanda? No I'm not (looks at PC, keybord's all over drool cleans the drool off his PC AND CHIN!)

Nah really she's a wonderful actress, Angel I mean Angel Actress No I mean ... (both)

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                          Drool over Amanda? No I'm not (looks at PC, keybord's all over drool cleans the drool off his PC AND CHIN!)

Nah really she's a wonderful actress, Angel I mean Angel Actress No I mean ... (both)

LOL - you took the words right out of my mouth

I expect Agent Dark's PC has become quite accustomed to the drool lol
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            I must say that I for one am really NOT looking forward to this one. It seems to be the most unorginal of all the Atlantis copies yet, and to me, it takes away from Sam and from Grace. Part of what I really enjoy about Grace is that it is so singular, so unique. There's no other Stargate episode like it, and it's one that fans recognize as Sam's. To simply copy the idea and give it to McKay takes away from a good portion of what's special about Grace. It makes it just another episode and it's another example of TPTB using SG-1 and its long, successful history to prop up Atlantis in the face of dwindling creativity and sparse character connections on that show.

I'm disappointed that TPTB feel the need to use Sam in Grace Under Pressure as well. What does it say about the Atlantis "team" when for McKay to truly have any meaningful contact with another person (or imaginary person) that it has to be with someone he hasn't seen in over three years and with whom he is only briefly connected. Surely this must deal with his inferiority complex concerning Sam, because otherwise, how are the two characters even related? His job on SG-1, and with Sam in particular, is to be not quite as smart, kind, or likeable as her. I can only hope that the point of this episode is to change that in some small degree.

Lastly, I'll be really pissed off if Sam's (and AT's) prescence in Grace Under Pressure is to play into another of McKay's puerile sexual fantasies. If she's only there to pat McKay on the back and give him an opportunity to kiss her, then it will truly be a waste of AT's time and a detriment to SG-1, where she can make a real contribution.

Sorry for the cynical outlook, but I don't see this one turning out any other way.
                            Wow... All that from a couple of spoilers?

Nah, I see where you're coming from, but this ep doesn't look like it will be airing until about Jan-Feb of 2006. We don't really know what they're planning at this point. It might not have to do with the kid, Grace, anyway. And AT and DH may just be given the chance to banter, kiss-free! We'll never know.

And, as long as it doesn't go down the route you described, any ep with AT/Sam and DH/McKay is worth checking out.

Comment

Qas, your whole name, Qas.... does that mean something in Welsh, and is Agent D male? Sorry I seem to have a SERIOUS Gender problem for the last 2 or more years on RPG sites and sometimes forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                                Qas, your whole name, Qas.... does that mean something in Welsh, and is Agent D male? Sorry I seem to have a SERIOUS Gender problem for the last 2 or more years on RPG sites and sometimes forums.
                                My first name is Qasim and my second name is Javid

Its not welsh - my family is of Pakistani origin

Heres some stuff I found on the net

The name origin and meaning of Qasim
                                Name: Qasim
                                Origin: Arabic
                                Meaning: Divider

Qasim
                                Meaning: "Charitable, generous; one who gives to the people."

Qasim one who divides goods among his people

Javid: (m) (Persian) "eternal, immortal, perpetual"

Javid
                                Meaning: Alive, living.

Somebody once told me my name meant Deliverer of gifts

I think Agent Dark is a male - he has got 2 Sam clones
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X