Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I was up on Ebay tonight and found this t-shirt for sale. I thought it just about says it all for me...

i love it! we should adopt it as our motto! (well, okay, motto number 2 )

it really is great.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      50000 post!!! Congratulations!!
      Thats a lot of post! How long have you been on the forum...how many post is that a minute? Do you have a life, or is it all stargate all the time(which is actually the best kind of life )...
      I am currently on vacation so I have ample opportunities to post

Thanks everyone
      Originally posted by Strix varia
      This is the first week of classes for many US universities and colleges. I believe Astro and Chopingal are swamped in RL. (At least, I hope it's nothing more serious than that!)
      Oh right - Uk universities start at the end of September or at the start of October
      Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      I don't really, just yanking yer chain
      Thats what I thought but with you anythings possible
      Originally posted by majorsal
      i would have been the official samandan hooker.... what?

sally
      ROFLMAO
      Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Congratulations, qasimjavid, on 5,000 posts!
      Congratulations, deepspace, on 300 posts!
      Congratulations, ann_sgcfan, on 200 posts!
      Congratulations, WhatFateAlmondRoca, on 200 posts!

Congratulations, Myrth, on the new job!

SAM: Jack, I don't care if Thor did beam you in for my birthday! Not here---and not NOW!
      Thanks and congrats to the others from me

I would have thought that Thor would be beaming Sam out......
      i never get tired of watching this parody. i think teal'c has more lines in this than on the show!

sally
      Good point
      amanda's had a wonderful year (she got a gift from god).

sally
      Indeed
      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Now that... That's really sweet. Stuff like THIS shows how close these people have been for nine years. I rarely see stuff like this anymore.
      Very sweet
      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I was up on Ebay tonight and found this t-shirt for sale. I thought it just about says it all for me...

Thats awesome Forever!!
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        There is a great article that RDA wrote himself. I think it shows how funny and genuine he really is! It makes me miss him that much more!! There is also a little story that AT added at the end very sad (I didn’t know about her step dad). I'm not sure if anyone here has read it yet or not. You can read it on spoilergate or Somnium typed up the article and posted it in the J/S Shipper thread. Here is the thread where you can find the article:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10872
        Thanks, ann ... this was really interesting and revealing. I love the quote about his Minnesota roots - my daughter lived and worked there for a time and my son was married there. The indigenous people are some of the friendliest and down-to-earth I've ever met and the cold weather is just taken for granted! RDA comes from good stock. I'm still surprised at his reticence to do a con. The fans would go wild if it ever happened.

I did read that AT was at her stepdad's bedside and actually thought about that when I saw the scene in Threads. She could draw on her own life experience - another case of art imitating life.

Thanks again! CG

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          another case of art imitating life.
          Stargate is art LOL
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

The Lost Elders of Samanda

As the summer waned and schools renewed
            Keeper and Jester became unglued
            Running here and running there
            Real Life sometimes isn't fair

Time on thread and time to play
            Put aside 'til another day
            Getting students where they belong
            Teaching and advising an incoming throng

Other elders are busy too
            Royal Photographer's working behind the scenes, much ado
            Madam President is acting up a storm
            In the company of Maybourne!

Royal Accountant, our bean counter Coley
            Has been quietly counting her beans and lonely
            It's good to see that Samandans miss her
            Let's hope we soon get back our Samandan sister

Lots of new blood on this thread
            Too much banter to stay ahead
            Mr. "Q" has much to say
            And his grades are solid "A"s

Several Samandans recommend him well
            He'd like a royal position, and pray do tell
            Mr. "Q", just what is it that you can do?
            Footman, butler, or yahoo?

The Royal Court loves its talent
            Fun-loving people, not malcontent
            All those "A"s in computer learning of which you speak
            Leads me to believe that you could be our Royal Geek!

Please apply at your earliest opportunity. As you know, the position of Royal Pain in the Mikta has already been filled (and must also be added to the official list).

Welcome to "Q" and all newcomers these past couple weeks!

Jester

Comment

The Lost Elders of Samanda

As the summer waned and schools renewed
              Keeper and Jester became unglued
              Running here and running there
              Real Life sometimes isn't fair

Time on thread and time to play
              Put aside 'til another day
              Getting students where they belong
              Teaching and advising an incoming throng

Other elders are busy too
              Royal Photographer's working behind the scenes, much ado
              Madam President is acting up a storm
              In the company of Maybourne!

Royal Accountant, our bean counter Coley
              Has been quietly counting her beans and lonely
              It's good to see that Samandans miss her
              Let's hope we soon get back our Samandan sister

Lots of new blood on this thread
              Too much banter to stay ahead
              Mr. "Q" has much to say
              And his grades are solid "A"s

Several Samandans recommend him well
              He'd like a royal position, and pray do tell
              Mr. "Q", just what is it that you can do?
              Footman, butler, or yahoo?

The Royal Court loves its talent
              Fun-loving people, not malcontent
              All those "A"s in computer learning of which you speak
              Leads me to believe that you could be our Royal Geek!

Please apply at your earliest opportunity. As you know, the position of Royal Pain in the Mikta has already been filled (and must also be added to the official list).

Welcome to "Q" and all newcomers these past couple weeks!

Jester
              Very nice - Thank you very much I am very honoured to have been mentioned in your poem
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Reposting these just because.... it's so nice to see Sam back.
                Congratulations to our newest Samandan Scribe, Shimmering Star, who has just written her very first fanfic! She shall be added to our official list soon!

Look forward to reading your story at my first chance! Can you please share the direct links again with our fellow Samandans?
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 25 August 2005, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Very nice - Thank you very much I am very honoured to have been mentioned in your poem
                  Master "Q", please tell the Court which royal title fits best and we shall then add you to our list!

You also mentioned about the kingdom having horses - of course! Would you care to be Royal Blacksmith or Horse Trainer or Horse Whisperer?

Comment

I'll be there - what time?Did you notice I have reached 5000 Deepspace?
                    LOL. Any time you want. We LOVE guests.
                    Strixvaria, Almond, tsaxlady, and any other curry lovers, come on over. We should get together to watch Samanda on Sg-1 & eat mommy's yummy Indian food. Having guests is considered good luck in Bangladeshi culture. I have fond memories of growing up w/ lots of guests in the house all the time.

qasimjavid, I tried to green rep you and a few others, but apparently I've been doing that too much. Grr!

Originally posted by WhatfateAlmondRoca
                    Yeah, does she ship on dry ice to the states????
                    Originally posted by WhatfateAlmondRoca
                    Alas, but no!
                    mmmmm.... dal mahkni! pakoras! aloo mutter!Thanks for the welcome back. Grace says hi - she got a new black feather boa and is walking around saying "Glam-y-ous, glam-y-ous!" Your mom rawks - and be warned - I go to NY all the time!!! We always look for Indian food wherever we go, from Charlottesville, VA to London to SF to DC yadda etc. et al we've had Indian. We've even tried our hand at it - we got that special brown salt. Makes ALL the difference. That and sauteeing the curry spices before adding them to the dish.

Grace is so...o cute! Give her lots of hugs & kisses for me. Let me know the next time you're in NYC. My niece Aurora & Grace will be a riot together & I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

Hi, Coley! Come back soon. We all miss you.

sg-1fanintn, tried to green rep you on the hilarious quote, but couldn’t.

<<<CG>>>> so good to see your witty poem. I missed you. Sniff!

Congrats toqasimjavid on 5,000 posts andshimmeringstaron 3,000 posts andann_sgcfan on 200 posts!

Did anyone come up with a Samanda b-day card? I’m not computer savvy, and would love to know.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Hi all: just finished Beachhead. Wow. Not sure how i feel about the end. Darn, I'll just have to watch it again.

Also, I took my enjoyment of Sam to a new level: I watched "Space Race" at close range on a portable widescreen DVD player with headphones. AT is AWESOME in Space Race. "What's a girl to do?"

Eat Griven, Jarlath!!!!
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                        LOL. Any time you want. We LOVE guests. Strixvaria, Almond, tsaxlady, and any other curry lovers, come on over. We should get together to watch Samanda on Sg-1 & eat mommy's yummy Indian food. Having guests is considered good luck in Bangladeshi culture. I have fond memories of growing up w/ lots of guests in the house all the time.

CG >>>> so good to see your witty poem. I missed you. Sniff
                        Did anyone come up with a Samanda b-day card? I’m not computer savvy, and would love to know
                        Hmm ... great memories of delicious Indian food while visiting my daughter in NYC ... now I have to remember to come to your family's house instead next time up there! Thanks for the hospitality!

As to "birthday card", I'm sure some of our talented Samandans will be going all out on "the day" here on thread with some great sentiments ... nothing else seemed to get off the ground ... so why don't we all go over to Amanda's official website and see if Kamil (webmaster) has posted directions for sending him the birthday wishes - each one can send a personal message! Mention Samanda in your card if you can!www.amandatapping.com

Comment

There once was a scribe named Qasim
                          Of Amada Tapping he did dream
                          Then he came here
                          And all of us cheer
                          "Welcome Goa'uld Lord Qasim"

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Master "Q", please tell the Court which royal title fits best and we shall then add you to our list!
                            Whats a more formal word for geek?
                            LOL. Any time you want. We LOVE guests.
                            Strixvaria
                            , Almond, tsaxlady, and any other curry lovers, come on over. We should get together to watch Samanda on Sg-1 & eat mommy's yummy Indian food. Having guests is considered good luck in Bangladeshi culture. I have fond memories of growing up w/ lots of guests in the house all the time.
                            If only I didnt live on another continent
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              There once was a scribe named Qasim
                              Of Amada Tapping he did dream
                              Then he came here
                              And all of us cheer
                              "Welcome Goa'uld Lord Qasim"
                              LOL In real life I want to be an accountant

Look at the definition of Scribe:

Scribe (or Scrivener) is an ancient profession, a person who could read and write. This usually indicated secretarial and administrative duties such as dictation and keeping business, judicial, and history records for rulers such as kings, nobility, temples, and cities. Later the profession developed for example into public servants, accountants, and lawyers.
                              love Torri

Comment

Whats a more formal word for geek?
                                Chief Technical Sergeant

Techmaster Q

Deep Space Radar Telemetry Analysis Master

Technolicious
                                Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 25 August 2005, 07:32 AM. Reason: can't have a post NOT related to the infamous SG parody!

Comment

Working...
                                X