• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sound far more interesting than Tribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      They sound far more interesting than Tribbles
      Much more interesting than Tribbles!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

For me the Nubbins are Furbies with pheromones.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I forgot about Furbies. I had a cousin who was scared to death of them. And me, being the childish eight year old that I was at the time, took it into my head to torment him!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I've never had a Furby, would have liked to have a toy Gremling though...

Comment

Amanda would be able to do a combination of scifi and comedy, that's for sure (Haven't seen Space Milkshake yet, but from what I've heard it's quite funny).
              i haven't seen it yet either. or 'random acts of romance'. i'm looking forward to seeing them!

sam carter and helen magnus have spoiled me with strong and interesting female characters, so it would be *very* hard to go backwards... i think that's why i don't want her being a female dr who, b/c the series appears to be kind of cheesy and i'm afraid her character would be too eccentric or something...

her 'supernatural' character (naomi) was very interesting too. i hope she comes back next season!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                Personally, I think Amanda is wasted on comedy. Yeah, she's funny and has a good sense of timing, but she is skilled in so many ranges of emotion that I prefer to see her in a serious role, be that sci-fi or something else. I do prefer a series over a movie though.
                gawd, that's a perfect way of describing just how i feel.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

That is true, fems - the more I see of her acting (right now I'm watching Sanctuary for the first time) the more I'm in awe of her talent. I'd prefer a series too, we need our weekly Amanda fix
                  weekly amanda fix x 10!!!

~but i'm not obsessed or anything
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Do you enjoy watching Sanctuary, Sparky? I enjoy it very much, my favorite episodes so far are Requiem, Pavor Nocturnus and Veritas.
                    And yes, even though I love Amanda as a blonde, I think she's awesome as a brunette too.
                    And no, I don't mind the English accent
                    I don't ship Helen with anyone (yet) even though there's amazing chemistry between her and so many of the males in the show
                    none of the guys look like rda... that's prob why i haven't been *able* to ship her with anyone!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Here's an article that tells more of what Amanda's movie Hell in a Handbasket is about.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Personally, I think Amanda is wasted on comedy. Yeah, she's funny and has a good sense of timing, but she is skilled in so many ranges of emotion that I prefer to see her in a serious role, be that sci-fi or something else. I do prefer a series over a movie though.
                        It's funny you mention this. I've found that on many of my favorite dramatic shows, though the characters may be very run the gamut of dark emotion and don't usually get to have fun onscreen, the casts themselves are actually quite hilarious. For example, take the show Criminal Minds (which is about a team of FBI profilers who track and arrest serial killers/rapists). It's got the darkest content I can watch in tv show format, but if you watch the behind-the-scenes stuff, the cast is always joking around and being goofballs. In fact, several of those Criminal Minds actors made their bones on comedy shows.

So I guess what I'm pointing out is that I've found that in many cases my favorite dramatic actors got their start in comedy, and make the transition to drama fairly easily. In my mind, the reverse is less common. So, does comedy foster that greater range of emoting, or is it a coincidence? I dunno. But I think it'd be fun to see AT in comedic role.

I've seen her do the dramatic roles, so maybe it's time to see her range on the comedic end of the spectrum... Or I could just wait for Space Milkshake and make my decision then. Either way, I look forward to this mysterious new project that's been floating around on the rumor waves. Maybe it could be a combination of drama and comedy. A dramedy, if you will. Sometimes those are the most fun!

Comment

Amanda mentioned this new series at AT6 when talking about new projects/plans but she didn't tell any details, just that she was working on the idea.
                          Later, there was a question on what she would develop for a TV comedy plot and she said she hadn't thought about that. She said that the new series has comedic aspects to it with quirky characters but it's not a comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                            Amanda mentioned this new series at AT6 when talking about new projects/plans but she didn't tell any details, just that she was working on the idea.
                            Later, there was a question on what she would develop for a TV comedy plot and she said she hadn't thought about that. She said that the new series has comedic aspects to it with quirky characters but it's not a comedy.
                            thank you!

bit by bit, we'll get the goods.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                              I, for one, would love seeing her in comedy. Many actors whom she'd worked with (even RDA) says that she's got a big gift for comedy and perhaps, she feels it's time to revisit this aspect of her acting.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                It's funny you mention this. I've found that on many of my favorite dramatic shows, though the characters may be very run the gamut of dark emotion and don't usually get to have fun onscreen, the casts themselves are actually quite hilarious. For example, take the show Criminal Minds (which is about a team of FBI profilers who track and arrest serial killers/rapists). It's got the darkest content I can watch in tv show format, but if you watch the behind-the-scenes stuff, the cast is always joking around and being goofballs. In fact, several of those Criminal Minds actors made their bones on comedy shows.

So I guess what I'm pointing out is that I've found that in many cases my favorite dramatic actors got their start in comedy, and make the transition to drama fairly easily. In my mind, the reverse is less common. So, does comedy foster that greater range of emoting, or is it a coincidence? I dunno. But I think it'd be fun to see AT in comedic role.

I've seen her do the dramatic roles, so maybe it's time to see her range on the comedic end of the spectrum... Or I could just wait for Space Milkshake and make my decision then. Either way, I look forward to this mysterious new project that's been floating around on the rumor waves. Maybe it could be a combination of drama and comedy. A dramedy, if you will. Sometimes those are the most fun!
                                Yes, I always enjoyed watching Thomas Gibson in Dharma & Greg but much prefer him in Criminal Minds.

Overall, I'm not someone who loves comedy shows and certainly don't go out of my way to watch them, which is why I'm not going to watch RAoR or SM regardless of how much I enjoy Amanda's acting. I prefer TV and books for some escapism, I don't need it for laughs; that's what friends are for.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X