Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    I was about to, but then blanked out on why Amanda deserves her star.
    The only thing entering my mind was that she is Amanda Tapping and that was reason enough for me, but I guess not enough for the organization.
    They have a list of the qualities they are looking for & Amanda fills every category plus more. I voted. I figure it couldn't hurt...besides, I think she deserves it with everything she does off screen with her personal time...S4K for one thing.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Please take a few moments to nominate Amanda for the next Canada's Walk of Fame event. Best of all, we get to write about why she should get her star.

Canada's Walk of Fame
      A chance to ramble about the amazingness that is Amanda Tapping?!?! YES, PLEASE! Fortunately, there wasn't a word limit. For anyone interested, I posted my submission in spoilers below. I'm not much of a writer, but they are words from the heart.

Spoiler:
      Amanda Tapping has legions of fans for her TV roles - Samantha Carter (on Stargate SG-1 for 10 seasons, then 1 season on Stargate Atlantis, and in 2 TV movies) and Helen Magnus (on Sanctuary which originally started as a web-series and went on for 4 seasons on TV). In the 15 years she has been on TV, she has played two strong, intelligent female characters who have entertained and inspired people all around the world. She has several nominations and awards for her work. She was an executive producer as well as the lead actress on Sanctuary, and one of the first to try to create a web-based series. She has directed on Stargate SG-1 and Sanctuary, and more recently directed shows she was not a series regular on. Many entertainers help with charity fundraising by showing up to events, donating autographed pictures/items to be auctioned off, etc. Amanda Tapping took that a step farther. Knowing the generosity of science fiction fans and their social awareness, she helped create the organization Sanctuary For Kids. It is a fundraising charity whose mission is "to improve the lives of children around the world who need protection and are in crisis – those who are exploited, dispossessed and threatened." She recognized that in today's economy, the smaller charities were especially hurting, and Santuary For Kids specifically focuses on charities where a small amount of money can make a huge difference. Their fundraising efforts span the globe, but include projects in Canada as well. Their branding efforts have been great and any fan of Sanctuary was very aware of the charity attached to the show. And though the show is over, Sanctuary For Kids continues its amazing work. Throughout the years, Amanda has attended conventions and has showed a great appreciation for her fans. In recent years, she has used Twitter to reach out to fans. For periods of times there was "Tapping Tuesday" where fans could submit questions and she would answer a few on Tuesdays. And beyond all her work in TV/film/charities, she also manages to be a wife and mother as well.

I initially became an Amanda Tapping fan because of her role as Samantha Carter, but it is her versatility, her generosity, and her giving spirit that make her - in my opinion - one of the coolest people on the planet.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

The only thing entering my mind was that she is Amanda Tapping and that was reason enough for me, but I guess not enough for the organization.
        Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
        A chance to ramble about the amazingness that is Amanda Tapping?!?! YES, PLEASE! Fortunately, there wasn't a word limit. For anyone interested, I posted my submission in spoilers below. I'm not much of a writer, but they are words from the heart.

Spoiler:
        Amanda Tapping has legions of fans for her TV roles - Samantha Carter (on Stargate SG-1 for 10 seasons, then 1 season on Stargate Atlantis, and in 2 TV movies) and Helen Magnus (on Sanctuary which originally started as a web-series and went on for 4 seasons on TV). In the 15 years she has been on TV, she has played two strong, intelligent female characters who have entertained and inspired people all around the world. She has several nominations and awards for her work. She was an executive producer as well as the lead actress on Sanctuary, and one of the first to try to create a web-based series. She has directed on Stargate SG-1 and Sanctuary, and more recently directed shows she was not a series regular on. Many entertainers help with charity fundraising by showing up to events, donating autographed pictures/items to be auctioned off, etc. Amanda Tapping took that a step farther. Knowing the generosity of science fiction fans and their social awareness, she helped create the organization Sanctuary For Kids. It is a fundraising charity whose mission is "to improve the lives of children around the world who need protection and are in crisis – those who are exploited, dispossessed and threatened." She recognized that in today's economy, the smaller charities were especially hurting, and Santuary For Kids specifically focuses on charities where a small amount of money can make a huge difference. Their fundraising efforts span the globe, but include projects in Canada as well. Their branding efforts have been great and any fan of Sanctuary was very aware of the charity attached to the show. And though the show is over, Sanctuary For Kids continues its amazing work. Throughout the years, Amanda has attended conventions and has showed a great appreciation for her fans. In recent years, she has used Twitter to reach out to fans. For periods of times there was "Tapping Tuesday" where fans could submit questions and she would answer a few on Tuesdays. And beyond all her work in TV/film/charities, she also manages to be a wife and mother as well.

I initially became an Amanda Tapping fan because of her role as Samantha Carter, but it is her versatility, her generosity, and her giving spirit that make her - in my opinion - one of the coolest people on the planet.
        I of course wrote my own reasons, and got some friends online to do the same. The event takes place in Toronto, something I can easily attend. If she got a star... no force on Earth could keep me from going.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          They have a list of the qualities they are looking for & Amanda fills every category plus more. I voted. I figure it couldn't hurt...besides, I think she deserves it with everything she does off screen with her personal time...S4K for one thing.
          I basically said the same thing as well, although I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was something along the lines of how she inspires people across the world, changes the face of her industry, a trailblazer to women in the industry, and also helps to set up and run Sanctuary For Kids. All the while being a producer, director and actress. Not forgetting wife and mother! I said she was a role model if ever I saw one.

I suppose the most difficult thing was that I couldn't put in to words what it is that actually inspires me about Amanda, I think you guys will know what I mean when I say it's who she is as a person that inspires me the most. It's the way she speaks in interviews and the way she listens when you talk to her in person, she is so down to earth and she cares. Do you know what I mean?

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Hey everyone,

I basically said the same thing as well, although I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was something along the lines of how she inspires people across the world, changes the face of her industry, a trailblazer to women in the industry, and also helps to set up and run Sanctuary For Kids. All the while being a producer, director and actress. Not forgetting wife and mother! I said she was a role model if ever I saw one.

I suppose the most difficult thing was that I couldn't put in to words what it is that actually inspires me about Amanda, I think you guys will know what I mean when I say it's who she is as a person that inspires me the most. It's the way she speaks in interviews and the way she listens when you talk to her in person, she is so down to earth and she cares. Do you know what I mean?

Julia(samcarterrules)
            Well said you two. I didn't write a novel, but I did write quite a bit. I think more than one person can get a star in one event, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe last year had, like, 6. I'd SOOOOO love to see her *earn* a star. And of course, I'd be the loudest cheering fan there.

Comment

New tweet from Amanda

My apple pie! Happy thanksgiving everyone!! Xo pic.twitter.com/ZpTFWKqy
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Spoiler:

Very well said

New tweet from Amanda
                Yum! Is there anything this woman can't do? She's perfect!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

That's exactly what happened to me! I can think of oodles of reasons, but blanked on how exactly to put that certainty into words... glad it wasn't just me!

Spoiler:

Wow, well put!

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                  Very well said

Yum! Is there anything this woman can't do? She's perfect!
                  While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think she is perfect - perfection means it can't get any better, and Amanda seems to achieve that with every new project she undertakes!
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

New tweet from Amanda
                    My apple pie! Happy thanksgiving everyone!! Xo pic.twitter.com/ZpTFWKqy
                    And some awesome fun thanksgiving banter on twitter for those who may have missed it:

@Dennydenn: As requested by @FionaForbes @TheRushTV a thanksgiving Photo. What more more do you need then an @amandatapping Turkey! pic.twitter.com/NVc78C16
                    @amandatapping: Haha!!!RT @FionaForbes: @Dennydenn @amandatapping Almost looks better than the hot dogs!
                    @amandatapping: Thanksgiving dinner!! TADA!! Xoxo pic.twitter.com/4m2q0LRn
                    @amandatapping: @michaeleckford You make your own crust right??? if not, then you are not a worthy opponent. Just sayin' .....

@michaeleckford: @amandatapping I'm hoping somebody has hijacked your twitter because that question was just hurtful Of course I make my own
                    @amandatapping: My apologies Chef Loser. RT @michaeleckford I'm hoping somebody has hijacked your twitter because that question was just hurtful
                    @michaeleckford: @amandatapping aren't you worried about people finding out why your nickname is #concretecrust ?
                    @amandatapping: Dear @michaeleckford Oh, it's so easy to be Mr. cheap shot when you are shaking with fear. My heart goes out to you little pie man. GAME ON!
                    @michaeleckford: @amandatapping and I are enjoying a little playful trash talk over pie making skills. It's very friendly!
                    @amandatapping: Very friendly!!RT @michaeleckford: @amandatapping and I are enjoying a little playful trash talk over pie making skills. It's very friendly!

New word for the day/week/month/year/decade/century...."Amandalanche"
                    @Dennydenn: amandalanche; am-anda-lanche - noun; unanimous opinion in support of anything @amandatapping says | verb am-anda-lanch-ed. @michaeleckford
                    Last edited by Chelle DB; 07 October 2012, 11:33 PM.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Loving Amandalanche and the description of it

The thanksgiving twitter banter was very funny, I think Michael Eckford tweeted something about being beaten by the Amandalanche

Def word of the year, we need to get it trending
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Hey everyone,

Snipped....

New word for the day/week/month/year/decade/century...."Amandalanche"
                        @Dennydenn: amandalanche; am-anda-lanche - noun; unanimous opinion in support of anything @amandatapping says | verb am-anda-lanch-ed. @michaeleckford
                        Saw the rest on Twitter but missed this, hahaha! Love it!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                          While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think she is perfect - perfection means it can't get any better, and Amanda seems to achieve that with every new project she undertakes!
                          Ah, you make a very good point

Love the Thanksgiving banter! xD
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Amanda on her way to Paris and I think AT6 after

YVR to LAX to CDG. Paris here we come!! Xo pic.twitter.com/YAGSf5lL
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

And I think rick i in Paris, based on his tweets anyway. Are they doing a con together?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                And I think rick i in Paris, based on his tweets anyway. Are they doing a con together?
                                They're both in Paris for the Jules Verne Awards
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X