No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I made up a transcript of the Geek!Sam clip that Tsaxlady and Uber were so kind to provide us the other day. There is one section that was really hard for me to determine what Amanda was saying so I've sort of guessed. Maybe Uber and Tsaxlady can make a more informed guess than me.

I've placed that one particular section in italics as it doesn't really make sense to me. So either I really screwed up, or Amanda's train of thought sort of jumped half-way in the middle. LAF.

Question:
    How do you come up with…like Geek!Sam and Repli-Carter…all those different characterizations? Is Geek!Sam formulated after geeky fans or…?

Amanda:
    No it's formulated after geeky Amanda. I'm probably closer to Geek!Sam than anyone. Christopher knew that though. *laughing* Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted. Replicator is a different set of the jaw and trying to find a voice in different place in your body. And with Geek Sam it was all about keeping the sleeves pushed down with your thumbs…like little subtle things that helped me sort of physically get into character. But uh it’s all about what these guys give me to play with...so *looks in Chris’ direction*…thanks fellas. *laughing and hitting Chris* I can't even say hello without Chrisopher going ‘hmmm' *making gestures with her eyes*

Chris: Well when you said give me something to play with you were looking at me.
    Amanda: I know. I know. I know
    Chris: I didn't know where you were gonna go with that.
    Amanda: I’m avoiding eye contact.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Well I made up a transcript of the Geek!Sam clip that Tsaxlady and Uber were so kind to provide us the other day. There is one section that was really hard for me to determine what Amanda was saying so I've sort of guessed. Maybe Uber and Tsaxlady can make a more informed guess than me.

I've placed that one particular section in italics as it doesn't really make sense to me. So either I really screwed up, or Amanda's train of thought sort of jumped half-way in the middle. LAF.

Question:
      How do you come up with…like Geek!Sam and Repli-Carter…all those different characterizations? Is Geek!Sam formulated after geeky fans or…?

Amanda:
      No it's formulated after geeky Amanda. I'm probably closer to Geek!Sam than anyone. Christopher knew that though. *laughing* Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted. Replicator is a different set of the jaw and trying to find a voice in different place in your body. And with Geek Sam it was all about keeping the sleeves pushed down with your thumbs…like little subtle things that helped me sort of physically get into character. But uh it’s all about what these guys give me to play with...so *looks in Chris’ direction*…thanks fellas. *laughing and hitting Chris* I can't even say hello without Chrisopher going ‘hmmm' *making gestures with her eyes*

Chris: Well when you said give me something to play with you were looking at me.
      Okay let me help out

This
      Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted.

Should be

Um, that's part of the fun of doing the show is that espically in season 8 getting to play different versions of Sam
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

This is a reply to Simhavaktra (and obviously for others)

Hey, I'm writing a Sam fanfic (it may take a while) that is set in the gap between Moebius and Avalon.

I'd like it, for me, to explain some missions for her and SG-1 and to perhaps show why she is willing to go to R&D (not forgetting Jack ;-))

But it will take me so long to write.

Wendy
        Hugs
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          please, do not mention alternative means of seeing the episodes. i hate to delete stuff

Jerin, try www.amandatapping.com and www.theamandatappingclub.com (i think that's teh addy) for some nice free amanda pics

there are also some group pics at www.rdanderson.com
          Thanks! Will definitely check them out!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Loosely translated 'Hic Comitas Regit' is latin meaning Kindness Reigns Here.

and TPTB is an acronym for The Powers That Be

and normally refers to the writers or producers of the show when disgussed on this thread.

Hope this helps,
            Kat

Edit: Because my typing skills suck!
            Thanks for the explanations. Kindness definitely reigns here.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
            Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Question:

Amanda:

Ha! Thanks for the transcript, Forever! I saw the vid yesterday and cracked up. Good times.

As always that woman's facial expressions killed me. You know that screencap that GW always has at the top of the page of AT with her eyes crossed? It kills me. Kills me every time.

Comment

Thank you to all who have posted pics and clips of the con. Very cool! Even though I have dial-up, those were worth the load.

I hope all those going on trips, vacations, missions, etc have a safe trip and have a speedy return. Good luck!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade
                  hi in wireimage there are pictures of amanda tapping at cocktail party and reception for the sci-fi channel

i can 't download the pictures of amanda tapping

please help me?
                  thank you from mary-clare

my name is mary-clare mcdade

please email me from this email is [email protected]

i wasn't well last week
                  i want to see them too!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I made up a transcript of the Geek!Sam clip that Tsaxlady and Uber were so kind to provide us the other day.

(snipped)
                    thank you!

how you figured out some of that i'll never know...

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Okay let me help out

This
                      Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted.

Should be

Um, that's part of the fun of doing the show is that espically in season 8 getting to play different versions of Sam
                      thanks!

how you figured that out i'll never know

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay let me help out

This

Should be

ROFLMAO!!!! OMG!!! I was so freaking off on this part!!! Oh well.

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!! OMG!!! I was so freaking off on this part!!! Oh well.

LOL!

*hugs*

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            from the wonderful ladies on the transcript group

jack and hank's scene
                            Spoiler:

O'NEILL: Nah…I had to sign the papers to my house…and my car…my
                            motorcycle

one change, sky --

jack didn't say
                            Spoiler:
                            *my* motorcycle. he just said motorcycle.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              one change, sky --

jack didn't say
                              Spoiler:
                              *my* motorcycle. he just said motorcycle.

sally
                              lol

well i just c/p but that does make a wee bit of a difference doesnt' it???
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

are there time-line inconsistancies between sg's avalon and atlantis' season premier? if so, have they been figured out? if i remember right, a fellow samandan asked joe about these inconsistancies on his thread.

i'm basically asking because --

spoilers for s9's avalon -
                                Spoiler:
                                was sam on the daedalis (sp?) or the prometheus?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X