Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

I have been catching up on posts all over the last few days, wow! There has been some awesome conversation going on!

I totally agree with everything that people have said about how Sam/Amanda were treated over those last two seasons of SG 1. And I think Sam/Amanda should have had a much better send off than just being dismissed as nothing at the end of the ramp, IMHO this was disrespectful to both a longstanding character and to an actor who gave so much to the franchise. I won’t say any more on this as it has already all been said, but I totally agree with every post I read!

But thankfully Amanda went on to do other things and I’m so glad she did. I hope there will be another SG 1 movie one day, but (and I hope this doesn’t make me a bad fan) it wouldn’t really bother me if we didn’t get another one. I think maybe (and I mean this in more ways than one) that ship has possibly sailed. It saddens me greatly to say this I just think it might be the case. Having said this I do hope that one day someone will prove me wrong on that statement.

As to Amanda playing a dark side to Sam (or for that matter any character) I would absolutely love to see that! But the consequences of her actions would IMHO need to be shown on screen.

Also, the look that Sam gives Jack when he closes the iris in The Other Side (is that the name of the ep?) is quite difficult to read, I think she’s shocked, angry and understands all at the same time, maybe she wonders if she might have to make that same decision sometime in her career. Maybe it worries her?

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;12284837]
      Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

As I was issued in 1961, I guess that makes me old too!
      Erm.......You look really good too!

(I was issued in 1965, so I'm not that far behind you On days like today, I'm feeling every single year too )

Comment

@WilliamShatner Hey Amanda Tapping! I look forward to working with you on "The Zenoids." http://www.myouterspace.com/zenoids.html - My best, Bill

Comment

Hedwig:

You are right Kinsey wasn't in that episode. But......you know if he had been he would have been miffed

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

But thankfully Amanda went on to do other things and I’m so glad she did. I hope there will be another SG 1 movie one day, but (and I hope this doesn’t make me a bad fan) it wouldn’t really bother me if we didn’t get another one. I think maybe (and I mean this in more ways than one) that ship has possibly sailed. It saddens me greatly to say this I just think it might be the case. Having said this I do hope that one day someone will prove me wrong on that statement.
            re bolded: the damage is happening *now*, with the ptb consentrating on sgu, when they should be working on getting the sg1/atlantis movies made instead. these are proven successes, so drop the sgu obsession (or at least put it in last place), and work on resurrecting the franchise with the items they KNOW is popular and wanted.

what we're seeing now is the beginning of the end for the franchise (talking about a living/breathing franchise, not just around b/c of fanfiction and cons, etc), if the ptb don't put aside their resentment.

watching sg1 again is showing me why i fell in love with this show to begin with.

((()))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

As I was issued in 1961, I guess that makes me old too!

If the plastic high heel fits...

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                if the plastic high heel fits...

suse
                lol :d

Comment

lol :d
                  That was totally a joke. I just remember Barbie having feet that are formed for only high heels to fit.

I never had a Ken. I played with my brother's GI Joe. Can you tell I'm an Army brat?

Nice. I just sneezed so hard/so many times my lense popped out of my glasses.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

If the plastic high heel fits...

suse
                    Hey!

That was totally a joke. I just remember Barbie having feet that are formed for only high heels to fit.

I never had a Ken. I played with my brother's GI Joe. Can you tell I'm an Army brat?

Nice. I just sneezed so hard/so many times my lense popped out of my glasses.
                    I had Ken and Joe too. (oh, that didn't come out right)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      I had Ken and Joe too. (oh, that didn't come out right)
                      Ah ha! So my suspicions are correct!
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Ah ha! So my suspicions are correct!
                        Quick, let's get back on topic.

So for those going to AT5, any question you plan to ask AT? Those not attending this year, any question you would like to have asked?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Quick, let's get back on topic.

So for those going to AT5, any question you plan to ask AT? Those not attending this year, any question you would like to have asked?
                          I have a question, I'm almost sure will be asked at AT5 by someone, why did Sanctuary only get 13 episodes this season, and not 20?

Comment

I'd get that gets asked in the first 5 minutes.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I had both as well... and my barbies always went for the GI Joe! Ken was the chauffeur, he'd drive Barb and Joe around in the barbie-car

I don't know what I'd ask AT if I had the chance. I did see her at a convention years ago, and I just had a good time being in the audience and seeing her in person!

Comment

@amandatapping So am I! RT @WilliamShatner: Hey Amanda Tapping! I look forward to working with you on "The Zenoids." http://bit.ly/gNI8I8 - My best, Bill

@amandatapping Hard to believe I'll be working with this icon! And I get to call him Bill! Although I'll probably just call him Lord Awesome!

I love Amanda's fangirl side.

Comment

Working...
                                X