Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
    So the TV is 52inches and the channel was HD, but I still had to take a picture of a moving TV screen with a simple personal digital camera... This is the best I could do! Still better than anything else I've seen so far Enjoy!

Amanda's PinUps Picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...UpsforPink.jpg

My mother thinks she looks fake/almost cartoony with all the finishing effects but I think she's Puuuuuurtyyyyy

Of all the ones I've seen so far, Amanda's is BY FAR the best, and most flattering. Of course, I may be a tad biased!
    You did a good job with the pic taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Wow, you have a cool life, Chelle. When I was doing co-op for school, I worked 16 hours a day, for school and work, and after a few days I started seeing stars and stuff.
      I wouldn't say it was cool. I mean it's just my life. If you looked at what you did every day you'd probably say the same thing about your life. I reckon everyone could do the same.
      [quote]You're not any kind of whore, Chelle. [/quote}
      I beg to differ.
      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Tapping Tuesday -
      Spoiler:

Hey everyone!! Thanks for your support of @Pinupsforpink and of course @Sanctuary4kids!! You're amazing!! Xoxo And now, for #TappingTuesday

Q#1) @ Sarah Walker Do werewolves have tails?
      A#1) Depends on their lineage!

Q#2, pt. 1) @ Déborah Legoff While awaiting for their (amazing) characters to return...:
      Q#2, pt. 2) Were John and Nikola ever to armwrestle, how would it end? Who would the referee be? (If there's anyone left alive, of course!)
      A#2, Pt. 1) Helen would referee. John would beat Nikola for strength. But Nikola would beat John by using...
      A#2, Pt. 2) ...his magnetic powers in a sneaky way! Then they'd all have a glass of wine and laugh about the good old days.

Q#3) @C0bwebb If Magnus ran into FBI agents like Mulder & Scully wrkng on cases like X-files what wld her reaction be?
      A#3) "It's about time the FBI got a clue." And then she'd be snarky and tell them "the truth isn't out there. "

Q#4) @nextuesday_ Who is your dream guest star for #Sanctuary?
      A#4) Helen Mirren as Helen's mum.

Q#5) @sez101 does the sanctuary celebrate Halloween if so how? And what costumes would they wear???
      A#5) We dress up as eachother!! Heehee

Thanks again, everyone!! xoxo
      Have to say that aside from q's 4 & 5, I was rather disappointed with Tapping Tuesday. In fact, I wonder who it is who chooses the questions for Amanda to answer coz I know for a fact there are way better questions out there than this lot. It just seems a shame that some people who put a lot of thought into their questions, seem to get ignored. And it's been getting worse every week. I want some really cool and deep questions asked and answered...not questions about whether werewolves have tails or Sculder and Mully. Oh well. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in today's tweets. It just didn't seem entertaining at all.
      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Why was that weird?
      Oh you really don't want to know!
      So the TV is 52inches and the channel was HD, but I still had to take a picture of a moving TV screen with a simple personal digital camera... This is the best I could do! Still better than anything else I've seen so far Enjoy!
      Amanda's PinUps Picture:
      My mother thinks she looks fake/almost cartoony with all the finishing effects but I think she's Puuuuuurtyyyyy
      Of all the ones I've seen so far, Amanda's is BY FAR the best, and most flattering. Of course, I may be a tad biased!
      Thank you. I think she looks just the way I've heard her being described.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Indeed, it's causes like these that bring a lot of people together.

She looks beautiful, and it's great to see the cast there together all to support her and the cause. Too many celebs these days use their fame and what not for their own good, but not our Sanctuary team, it makes me even more proud to be a fan.
        yes it does bring alot of people together... and its great to see team sanctuary giving back of their time to help this worthy cause...

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        or NW for short "Noodle Wielder"

So, do you think someone got ahold of the Medronan (sp?) Weather Device again, what with these high winds in the midwest? Put Sam on the case.

Sam: Vala, what's that doing in your room?
        Vala: oh, just a souvenir from our last off world trip. Look how it spins!
        Sam: Aargh! No wonder the the weather's been so wonky.
        Vala: You mean *this* is the famous weather device?
        Sam: I can't believe you just took it! And I can't believe you've got me saying "wonky."

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6122/samfacesj5.th.jpg

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
        I am watching Moebius Part 1 and 2 atm and I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love nerd Sam!! she is so cute!!
        isnt she just

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Tapping Tuesday -

Spoiler:

Hey everyone!! Thanks for your support of @Pinupsforpink and of course @Sanctuary4kids!! You're amazing!! Xoxo And now, for #TappingTuesday

Q#1) @ Sarah Walker Do werewolves have tails?
        A#1) Depends on their lineage!

Q#2, pt. 1) @ Déborah Legoff While awaiting for their (amazing) characters to return...:
        Q#2, pt. 2) Were John and Nikola ever to armwrestle, how would it end? Who would the referee be? (If there's anyone left alive, of course!)
        A#2, Pt. 1) Helen would referee. John would beat Nikola for strength. But Nikola would beat John by using...
        A#2, Pt. 2) ...his magnetic powers in a sneaky way! Then they'd all have a glass of wine and laugh about the good old days.

Q#3) @C0bwebb If Magnus ran into FBI agents like Mulder & Scully wrkng on cases like X-files what wld her reaction be?
        A#3) "It's about time the FBI got a clue." And then she'd be snarky and tell them "the truth isn't out there. "

Q#4) @nextuesday_ Who is your dream guest star for #Sanctuary?
        A#4) Helen Mirren as Helen's mum.

Q#5) @sez101 does the sanctuary celebrate Halloween if so how? And what costumes would they wear???
        A#5) We dress up as eachother!! Heehee

Thanks again, everyone!! xoxo
        nice to know who AT would like to see play helens mum... and a couple of laughs in there as well...

Even though this isn't an actual con, I find wonderful that the cast would all go to support and the is cause. Right, Kat?

Oh, and even EU showed up there.
        right! team sanctuary are so supportive and giving!
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Have to say that aside from q's 4 & 5, I was rather disappointed with Tapping Tuesday. In fact, I wonder who it is who chooses the questions for Amanda to answer coz I know for a fact there are way better questions out there than this lot. It just seems a shame that some people who put a lot of thought into their questions, seem to get ignored. And it's been getting worse every week. I want some really cool and deep questions asked and answered...not questions about whether werewolves have tails or Sculder and Mully. Oh well. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in today's tweets. It just didn't seem entertaining at all.
          Yes, it's frustrating to see questions that are interesting, fun, original, etc. ignored in favor of something banal.

Comment

Amanda's PinUps Picture:

Oh my, she.... she is the best. That vid I put on YT yesterday, the one from ET Canada, I just got a comment from someone on the vid saying out of all the woman there, she looks the best. Or naybe you're all biased.

I wouldn't say it was cool. I mean it's just my life. If you looked at what you did every day you'd probably say the same thing about your life. I reckon everyone could do the same.
            I doubt that.

I beg to differ.

I must say, these questions weren't very good either, I mean Amanda answered them nicely, but I have in fact seen better questions. I even ask better questions.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            yes it does bring alot of people together... and its great to see team sanctuary giving back of their time to help this worthy cause...
            Indeed. I've seen shows where there wasn't much chemistry with the cast, or they had big egos, but not our cast.

right! team sanctuary are so supportive and giving!
            Hehe, I just said that to see if you would reply. But yeah, you're right.

Comment

Last call for anyone that wants to participate in the holiday card exchange. Please get your addresses to me by the end of the week, no later than Friday, and i'll mail out the lists this weekend.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amanda's PinUps Picture:

That is the best one I've seen so far....very nicely done. Thank you.
                sigpic

Comment

It wasn't my question, but she did answer one that I've been curious about. And that is, who would she want as a really big guest star. And she said Helen Mirren, to play Helen's Mom, who would be great. I had thought Emma Thompson would be great, too.

Comment

Or Meryl Streep!
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Or Judy Dench or Maggie Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        It wasn't my question, but she did answer one that I've been curious about. And that is, who would she want as a really big guest star. And she said Helen Mirren, to play Helen's Mom, who would be great. I had thought Emma Thompson would be great, too.
                        Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Or Meryl Streep!
                        I remember we had this conversation awhile back and many of us thought of Helen Mirren. Seeing Amanda's answer made me smile. Meryl Streep is another good one and we know she can do accents! I also love Judy Dench.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I would still like to see Carol Burnett on somehow.

Comment

This is the best I could do! Still better than anything else I've seen so far Enjoy!

Amanda's PinUps Picture:

I saw that picture a few days ago, and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even realize it was Amanda. And I kinda have to agree with your Mom. Though it is a pretty picture.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 27 October 2010, 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

There is a certain style to pinup pictures that can seem a bit overdone or over touched-up. I generally don't like pictures that are over photoshopped, but in this case I think it is appropriate and adds to the theme of the calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                There is a certain style to pinup pictures that can seem a bit overdone or over touched-up. I generally don't like pictures that are over photoshopped, but in this case I think it is appropriate and adds to the theme of the calendar.
                                I'm right with you there. I'm not too found of over photoshopped pics either, but in this case it works for me as it is a conscious and stylistic choice by the ppl behind this project.

Did I just imagine it or does anyone else remember reading about the calendars being released for free download at some point, with the option of donating a sum of money as compensation?

Comment

Working...
                                X