No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also really like the Marcello switching ep. Teal'c threatening to cut O'Neills hair was a hoot!

Majorsal: I feel your pain with the increase in cable rates. Mine was increased after they told me they weren't going to. They had been telling me that for a year! Someone made a mistake so they said after I called to complain. So I gave them the heave-ho. I don't watch much TV and all the cable shows I do watch I can get from the particular network website a day or two after it is first aired. Syfy is a little different since you have to wait a month, but my company has a small private gym that has cable so I can pop down and watch Sanctuary on Friday nights. The gym is only a mile from where I live. So the *&#@!** cable company can shove it. I have more money every month and I can still watch the shows I like. I even figured out how to hook my TV up to my computer so if I want I can watch the shows on my HD TV.

I got a small antenna and I can pick up the regular TV stations really quite well. One station has 2 hours of Stargate SG1 on Sunday nights. It also has animated Stargate Infinity on Sunday morning. I'm pretty pleased I have everything I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      I'd like to think she has become one herself!! The Iconic Amanda Tapping!
      im not going to argue with this, hehe

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Sam never switched bodies with anyone in that episode. In fact, I don't think she ever even touched the machine when anyone else was touching it, except maybe to place Daniel/Machello's hands on the machine.

I thought the only one of the guys that did a fairly good imitation of anybody else was Daniel when he had briefly switched with Jack. I didn't think either Jack or Teal'c did a very good job of impersonating the other. Of course, I didn't think MS did a very good imitation of Sam in Foothold when Sam was using the mimic device to look like Daniel when she returned to the SGC
      MS did a pretty good vala
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I agree it would have been fun to see AT imitate any of the guys.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Wonder if Amanda is a Ricky Gervais fan?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Here is an interesing article about a lady writer with sci-fi experience. AT should see if she can write for Sanctuary.

Can somebody please tell who, in general, the "showrunner" is. The director, the producer, somebody else? Who is the "showrunner" for Sanctuary?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ex.html?hpt=C2

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i didn't notice sam switching places with someone? what moment and with who?
              Sorry, I haven't seen this episode in a long while, I thought she was involved in the final solution, that had them all switch for a minute... my bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                Here is an interesing article about a lady writer with sci-fi experience. AT should see if she can write for Sanctuary.

Can somebody please tell who, in general, the "showrunner" is. The director, the producer, somebody else? Who is the "showrunner" for Sanctuary?

I've never been under the impression that it's one single show runner, MAD does it....it's a threesome
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Showrunner: As explained to Writer's Digest.

I think Sky is right, they all play to their strengths on Sanctuary.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Very nice article, thanks!
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Eh-t View Post
                      my interpretation was that she was shocked and a bit horrified. Yes, jack had warned alar not to follow them but there was no immediate danger to sg command so why close the iris? Yes, alar was evil but still...
                      Yeah, I saw that scene in a similar way. I think Sam agreed with Jack that Alar needed to be stopped, but she was shocked at the way he chose to stop him. I think while she has grown to accept the idea of killing the enemy in the heat of combat, the deliberate way Jack handled Alar was something she wasn't used to.

Originally posted by Eh-t View Post
                      quick, let's get back on topic.

So for those going to at5, any question you plan to ask at? Those not attending this year, any question you would like to have asked?
                      I'm not sure if she'll be able to talk much about it, but I'm curious about what's happening with that Sherwood pilot she, DK, and MW have been working on.

here is an interesing article about a lady writer with sci-fi experience. At should see if she can write for sanctuary.

Can somebody please tell who, in general, the "showrunner" is. The director, the producer, somebody else? Who is the "showrunner" for sanctuary?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/showbiz/tv/0...ex.html?hpt=c2
                      Cool article, thanks for sharing! And I agree, I would love it if the Sanctuary team were able to get her to write an episode for the show.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        And I agree, I would love it if the Sanctuary team were able to get her to write an episode for the show.
                        I think in an interview a few years ago she said she didn't want to write. But that doesn't mean that can't have changed. I'm sure she has something to say about the scripts and at the very least some of the lines--particularly for Helen.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Cool article, thanks for sharing! And I agree, I would love it if the Sanctuary team were able to get her to write an episode for the show.
                          There goes whatever free time she has left.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            i think in an interview a few years ago she said she didn't want to write. :s but that doesn't mean that can't have changed. I'm sure she has something to say about the scripts and at the very least some of the lines--particularly for helen.
                            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            there goes whatever free time she has left. :d
                            Heh, I actually meant that they should get Jane Espenson, the writer who that CNN article was about, to write an episode for Sanctuary. She's written for lots of other Sci-fi shows like Buffy, Firefly, BSG, and Caprica and I've generally really enjoyed her work.

I don't see AT doing much writing aside from changing some lines on the day while shooting like she's done several times on Sanctuary. She's probably busy enough with everything else she has to do.

sigpic

Comment

watched 'out of mind' and 'into the fire' today.

in the first one - when sam's woken up, she disorientated and does a great job of it. i loved the little sound of a small cry when the doctor told her sg1 didn't make it.

also adored the scene where teal'c is leaving the sgc (to him, for good), and hammond's assembled some soldiers to salute teal'c goodbye.

okay, as i'm thinking, there's lots of good scenes.

with the next ep, i KNOW amanda was sick when her and rick were on the hillside thinger, b/f jack went down to pretend he was a goauld. i know i've said that b/f, but what's repeating myself gonna hurt? (repeat, like over and over, and, uh, over again )

also, being an s/j shipper, this was , b/c i really feel, starting with 'out of mind', they seemed to want to play up the ship more heavily and obviously. yay for me!

oh, loved hammond's 'yee haw!' when him and teal'c were firefighting with the ground troups. hammond prob forgot how fun all this was, playing soldier.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                watched 'out of mind' and 'into the fire' today.

with the next ep, i KNOW amanda was sick when her and rick were on the hillside thinger, b/f jack went down to pretend he was a goauld. i know i've said that b/f, but what's repeating myself gonna hurt? (repeat, like over and over, and, uh, over again )
                                Funny, it actually sounded like Rick was sick in that scene on the hillside, when he yelled the line "Makepeace... nice rescue!" it sounded like he had a sore throat... must have caught it from Amanda, what with all the closeness and hugging going on in that episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X