No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no patience and bought every season as it came out... But now I hear of those 4 "extras" discs and want to buy the whole set, hahah... I thankfully have a library type set up in my basement that had an extra shelf that I took over for my 10 Sg1's, 5 Atlantis and 3 Sanctuary (I have season 1 on Blu-Ray and DVD) Has the complete set of SG1 come out on Blu-Ray yet? I will most likely end up buying that *sigh's and rolls eyes at self*

Happy Bday Hisg1fans!

And on a final note - I found out a very good friend of mine has been wanting to watch SG1 forever, but never had time/motivation/partner in crime. I've been looking for YEARS for a committed accomplice in a complete series re-watch. In the last week we have gotten up to "Hathor" in Season 1, and will probably finish the full season by Sunday It is SO interesting to watch how the characters interacted with each other back then, as well as how the actors portrayed them. Sam is so... I dunno. Young I'd also forgotten how LONG the original 22 ep season were :O So many eps I forgot about. I had planned, at times, to make some epic long lists of things like how many time Sam calls Jack "Sir" and how many times Teal'c says "Indeed" but... Maybe I'll start with Hathor, and then at the very end just re-watch those first 12 eps again. We shall see!
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

you mean like this

although it's not totally complete

FCOL : COTG, EMANCIPATION, 4X BROCA, FIRST COMMANDMENT, BRIEF CANDLE, THOR'S HAMMER, TORMENT, SOLITUDES, TIN MAN X4 (AT LEAST 1 FROM FAKE JACK), POLITICS, PRISONERS, THOR'S CHARIOT X2, BANE, SHOW AND TELL X2 (ONCE FROM CHARLIE), FAIR GAME, POV (AU Sam), RULES OF ENGAGEMENT, FOOTHOLD (ALIEN JACK), URGO (URGO), 100 DAYS, MATERNAL INSTINCT, THE OTHER SIDE, BTS, TANGENT, 5TH MAN, THE TOMB, FRAGILE BALANCE, ORPHEUS, LIFEBOAT, FALLOUT, EVOLUTION X2

KIDS: BROCA, BRIEF CANDLE, TORMENT, PRISONERS X2, THOR'S CHARIOT X2, BANE, SPIRITS, SHOW AND TELL, PRETENSE, SOG, EXODUS, ENEMIES, B2F, FAIL SAFE, HOMECOMING

CAMPERS: TBFTGOG, ITLOD, MIAB X2 (ONE OF THEM POSSESSED BY ALIENS), 100 DAYS,

YA THINK: COTG, TORMENT, FIRE & WATER, SOLITUDES, SECRETS, HOLIDAY (TEAL'C AS JACK), TANGENT,

SWEET: TORMENT, SINGULARITY, SERP GRASP, SPIRITS, MATTER OF TIME, HOLIDAY, SHOW AND TELL, SETH X2, LAST STAND, NEW ORDER

(JACK CALLING SAM SOMETHING OTHER THAN CARTER)
      SAMANTHA: EMANCIPATION, BROCA (THIRD PERSON)

(JACK CALLING SAM SOMETHING OTHER THAN CARTER)

Sam: COLD LAZARUS (DUPLICATE), FIRE & WATER, SINGULARITY, SOLITUDES X2, ITLOD X7- 3 REPEATED AND TWICE IN 3RD PERSON, SECRETS X2, SPIRITS, SERP. SONG, POV X3 (FROM OUR JACK TO AU Sam),

HOLY HANNAH: COLD LAZARUS, TOKRA 2

(SAM CALLING JACK BY HIS NAME)
      JACK: SOLITUDES (AS SARA), TBFTGOG (AU), ITLOD X2 (MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN JOLS DOING IT, POV X5 (AU Sam), 2010, GRACE, LOST CITY 2

DANNY: HATHOR X2, DEMONS,

DANNY BOY: PRISONERS, HOLIDAY,

OY : ONE FALSE STEP, RULES OF ENGAGEMENT X2, MATERNAL INSTINCT, 2001, LIFEBOAT, NEW ORDER, LOCKDOWN, ZERO HOUR

D'OH : SMALL VICTORIES, D&C, WINDOW OF OPP,

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        you mean like this

*Snip-a-dee-do-da*
        Wow.

Yeh, somethin' like that, I'd say!!! But I want to know the "Sirs" and "Indeeds" the most, haha, just because I think the number will be rather ridiculous.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          if i were to check on amazon if the longer version of 'threads' was there, would it say it?
          Wouldn't say, but all the full sets came with the longer version. They learned their lessen thoroughly when they released the season set with the short version. I believe it was 3 days after the release that they announced you could get a replacement disc with the longer version. They discovered that a world full of angry SG1 fans was not to be reckoned with!

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
          I had no patience and bought every season as it came out... But now I hear of those 4 "extras" discs and want to buy the whole set, hahah... I thankfully have a library type set up in my basement that had an extra shelf that I took over for my 10 Sg1's, 5 Atlantis and 3 Sanctuary (I have season 1 on Blu-Ray and DVD) Has the complete set of SG1 come out on Blu-Ray yet? I will most likely end up buying that *sigh's and rolls eyes at self*

Happy Bday Hisg1fans!

And on a final note - I found out a very good friend of mine has been wanting to watch SG1 forever, but never had time/motivation/partner in crime. I've been looking for YEARS for a committed accomplice in a complete series re-watch. In the last week we have gotten up to "Hathor" in Season 1, and will probably finish the full season by Sunday It is SO interesting to watch how the characters interacted with each other back then, as well as how the actors portrayed them. Sam is so... I dunno. Young I'd also forgotten how LONG the original 22 ep season were :O So many eps I forgot about. I had planned, at times, to make some epic long lists of things like how many time Sam calls Jack "Sir" and how many times Teal'c says "Indeed" but... Maybe I'll start with Hathor, and then at the very end just re-watch those first 12 eps again. We shall see!
          I had all 10 season sets and then bought the complete set. Gave the individual sets to mom so she could have her own set. She seemed pleased. She'll find out Friday when she comes down that there's a Sanctuary S2 set waiting for her in the guest room. (sure hope she didn't buy it, but I think she would have told me if she did)

Wow.

Yeh, somethin' like that, I'd say!!! But I want to know the "Sirs" and "Indeeds" the most, haha, just because I think the number will be rather ridiculous.
          You just started rewatching, start a countin'!
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

You just started rewatching, start a countin'!
            I think I will, from now on. If I can remember to keep my list with me at ALL times throughout the next several months of watching...

PS, Have we seen this yet? If so, I apologize.

Top 10 Hottest babes on Prime Time TV. Amanda got 5th!

http://jimhalterman.com/news/readers...medium=twitter

Certainly makes me feel better about her not being on the top 25 Sexy Stars of Sci-Fi on Innerspace last week... *grumble mumble rant* Outrageous.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Btw, Nichelle Nichols is now following Amanda on twitter, she even retweeted one of Amanda's tweets.

http://twitter.com/RealNichelle
              How cool!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Having a pretty low key day. I just had my third surgery of the year and will be out for another 6 weeks. It is just good to see another candle on the cake.

Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting any convention reports as my house walls are really beginning to close in I hope you all have safe travels and enjoy your time and the upcoming conventions

Be sure to wear your seatbelts on the plane. Espescially those flying over Kansas and other mid-West states.

Go AT
              Happy birthday!! Hope you get well soon!

This is a quite OT, but I've got a quick question for the Canadians on the thread. I'm going to be in Toronto next weekend for a family wedding and then doing a road trip to Montreal and Quebec City, so I was wondering if you guys have any must-see sights/attractions to recommend in those cities? Thanks in advance!

sigpic

Comment

Having a pretty low key day. I just had my third surgery of the year and will be out for another 6 weeks. It is just good to see another candle on the cake.

Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting any convention reports as my house walls are really beginning to close in I hope you all have safe travels and enjoy your time and the upcoming conventions

Be sure to wear your seatbelts on the plane. Espescially those flying over Kansas and other mid-West states.

Go AT
                hope your recovery goes well and those walls keep their distance!

<snip>
                yay a partner in crime, they are grand!

you mean like this

<snip>
                interesting, thanks for posting

Wow.

those are the two i really want to know as well! and i agree the number would be huge!
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  How cool!

Happy birthday!! Hope you get well soon!

This is a quite OT, but I've got a quick question for the Canadians on the thread. I'm going to be in Toronto next weekend for a family wedding and then doing a road trip to Montreal and Quebec City, so I was wondering if you guys have any must-see sights/attractions to recommend in those cities? Thanks in advance!
                  I haven't been to Montreal or Quebec City in a long time but the QC is just a great place to wander around, it is like being in a European City.

As for Toronto, go to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). It has some very cool displays including one on gems and minerals that I loved. The Egyptian area will make you think of Stargate! When I was there in the spring, the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) had a fabulous King Tut exhibit but that may be done now. Still a good place to visit. Here's something different, see if there is a Canadian football game on (the Argos) and check that out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Speaking of Canada and OT:

I've been watching Flashpoint
                    Spoiler:
                    does anyone know where the tv show Flashpoint is shot? I figured out it was Canada by the red bands on the police caps (seemed non-US to me --or at least I've never seen it); saying someone was in "the forces" (terminology I picked up here) rather than in "the service" as we'd say in the US for being in the military , and --the Canada info in the ending credits. ) Anyway, I wondered what city is the backdrop? I couldn't see if it said in the end credits--what you can see of them since they run them at light speed in tiny boxes
                    I also swear one of the guest stars played a technician on a few episodes of SG1 --Laara Sadiq?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Speaking of Canada and OT:

I've been watching Flashpoint
                      Spoiler:
                      does anyone know where the tv show Flashpoint is shot? I figured out it was Canada by the red bands on the police caps (seemed non-US to me --or at least I've never seen it); saying someone was in "the forces" (terminology I picked up here) rather than in "the service" as we'd say in the US for being in the military , and --the Canada info in the ending credits. ) Anyway, I wondered what city is the backdrop? I couldn't see if it said in the end credits--what you can see of them since they run them at light speed in tiny boxes
                      I also swear one of the guest stars played a technician on a few episodes of SG1 --Laara Sadiq?
                      It is filmed in Toronto.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Go AT
                        Hope your feeling better soon and those walls don't close in too tightly for you! I'll do my part to post a pic here and there when I can that weekend to help cheer you up a bit.

*hugs*

I purchased my SG-1 10-year set through Amazon.com when it was the deal of the day for $99. That is by far the lowest price I've seen for a brand new set. I'm sure there are used sets available that are cheaper. I have had no issues with scratched disks.

Keep in mind though, the 10-year set is both good and bad. It is good because you have all seasons in one place.

But, it is bad because there are a LOT of disks to keep in order. I just have to make sure I replace each disk after use. That could just be me having issues though
                        You definitely got a deal. I had to buy a different region other than the US so had to go through Amazon.uk which, needless to say, made the price even much higher and the gift that much more extravagant in my eyes.

Anyway, hope you enjoy and it helps with those walls.

Very cool!

I've been trying to 'educate' my gf in the awesomeness that is Stargate as well. My success rate fluctuates from week to week, but I try to watch at least one old ep a week with her. She's sort of getting into it, but I dunno if she'll ever love it as much as I do. It is fun watching it with her though and the questions she asks on occasion. Helps me to see each ep with a fresh set of eyes which is always cool.

you mean like this <snip>
                        Hope you don't mind if I snurch this? I love things like this!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          It is filmed in Toronto.
                          Thanks! That was my guess.
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh and all the references to hockey kind of clued me in too. "He had a hockey bag in his car" whereas in a US show it would probably be a generic gym bag. Now if the show took place in Minnesota maybe, a hockey bag would be in character...

Comment

Tweet by William Shatner: The Chiodo Bros, Amanda Tapping, Eddie McClintock, Michael Giacchino will all be stopping by, too! 7:30pm, http://Myouterspace.com.

Comment

*runs in*

Sam rules!

*runs away*

Comment

snurch away at the list

no fun if no one is using it
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X