Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
    This is a Stargate commercial with Amanda that I have never seen before and thought I would share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKi6E_ef35c
    Very nice!
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i need some advice.

i want to buy the entire seasons pack of sg1, but -

1- best place to buy them? i was thinking 'best buy'.

2- do the current dvds have the longer version of 'threads' on them?

3- there's been issues with ppl saying the dvds come scratched and damaged: did any of you experience that? (i read that on amazon.com reviews section)
      I bought the full set through Amazon a few years back, but it was a gift for someone. I didn't hear any complaints on it (ie scratches, damage) but would someone do that when they're getting it for free? I'm assuming everything was fine with it though. Can't tell you much about the longer version of the episodes. My suggestion is to read the reviews for the exact same set you'd like to buy. Google it and there should be plenty of sites that pop up on it. Some people are very bold in giving their unfavorable opinion sometimes so at least you'll get a real perspective on the quality of it. Good luck!

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
      This is a Stargate commercial with Amanda that I have never seen before and thought I would share
      Yes, I've always loved that one. Thanks for sharing it!

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY hisg1fans!

hope you had a great day
      Ditto! Hope it was a brilliant day of fun for you!

Comment

Happy Birthday hisg1fans !
        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
          HAPPY BIRTHDAY hisg1fans!

hope you had a great day
          Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Ditto! Hope it was a brilliant day of fun for you!
          Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
          Happy Birthday hisg1fans !
          Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Having a pretty low key day. I just had my third surgery of the year and will be out for another 6 weeks. It is just good to see another candle on the cake.

Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting any convention reports as my house walls are really beginning to close in I hope you all have safe travels and enjoy your time and the upcoming conventions

Be sure to wear your seatbelts on the plane. Espescially those flying over Kansas and other mid-West states.

Go AT

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            I bought the full set through Amazon a few years back, but it was a gift for someone. I didn't hear any complaints on it (ie scratches, damage) but would someone do that when they're getting it for free? I'm assuming everything was fine with it though. Can't tell you much about the longer version of the episodes. My suggestion is to read the reviews for the exact same set you'd like to buy. Google it and there should be plenty of sites that pop up on it. Some people are very bold in giving their unfavorable opinion sometimes so at least you'll get a real perspective on the quality of it. Good luck!
            I purchased my SG-1 10-year set through Amazon.com when it was the deal of the day for $99. That is by far the lowest price I've seen for a brand new set. I'm sure there are used sets available that are cheaper. I have had no issues with scratched disks.

Keep in mind though, the 10-year set is both good and bad. It is good because you have all seasons in one place.

But, it is bad because there are a LOT of disks to keep in order. I just have to make sure I replace each disk after use. That could just be me having issues though

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

Having a pretty low key day. I just had my third surgery of the year and will be out for another 6 weeks. It is just good to see another candle on the cake.

Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting any convention reports as my house walls are really beginning to close in I hope you all have safe travels and enjoy your time and the upcoming conventions

Be sure to wear your seatbelts on the plane. Espescially those flying over Kansas and other mid-West states.

Go AT
              almost missed the party...

Happy BDay!!

Sorry to hear about more surgery. Hope the recovery goes well. On the bright side, you'll be OK come curling season. Take care of yourself. Will do my best to con people into letting me borrow their laptops to give you updates on SE and my Sanctuary adventures thereafter.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Go AT
                Have a great birthday, and don't let those walls get to you. Enjoy life and celebrate even in a quiet way. You'll get past the surgeries and be out and about again real soon. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and have many many more. And EH-T, my laptop is always available for you.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Have a great birthday, and don't let those walls get to you. Enjoy life and celebrate even in a quiet way. You'll get past the surgeries and be out and about again real soon. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and have many many more. And EH-T, my laptop is always available for you.
                  Ya, you are one of the people I was hoping to con.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I purchased my SG-1 10-year set through Amazon.com when it was the deal of the day for $99. That is by far the lowest price I've seen for a brand new set. I'm sure there are used sets available that are cheaper. I have had no issues with scratched disks.

Keep in mind though, the 10-year set is both good and bad. It is good because you have all seasons in one place.

But, it is bad because there are a LOT of disks to keep in order. I just have to make sure I replace each disk after use. That could just be me having issues though
                    I also bought the 10 year set used on ebay for $100. Even though it was used, I have had no problems with scratches or unplayable dvds. It also came with the extended Threads Episode which was nice. The 10 year box set also has four additional dvds with extras on it.
                    I agree it is a lot of disks to kee track of and I am constantly putting them back in the wrong spot
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday!!! If it's SE is anything like AT3 was; there will posting to keep you amused.....just remember the person signed in isn't always the person actually posting. Speedy recovery!!

Go AT
                      Sky are you causing trouble again

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Will do my best to con people into letting me borrow their laptops to give you updates on SE and my Sanctuary adventures thereafter.
                      Two of your SE roomies will be bringing them.......but you know one of them will make you work for it (can't wait til hear your con).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I don't know where the best place is to buy them, but I got all 10 seasons in one set through amazon.com, and never had a problem with any kind of scratching or damage, and considering how often I've played them (), they're all still in good shape. And the set I got has the longer version of "Threads" on it.
                        if i were to check on amazon if the longer version of 'threads' was there, would it say it?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

thanks, everyone, for you advice on the sg1 dvds.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            if i were to check on amazon if the longer version of 'threads' was there, would it say it?
                            Doubtful. I didn't even realize there was a longer version until I saw somebody comment on GW about it, and when I played my disc with "Threads" on it, I (happily) discovered it was the longer version (about 60 minutes, as opposed to the usual 44-45 minute version).

Comment

don't blame me. blame the thunderstorms

anyone flying over the midwest, be prepared for turbulence in the afternoons...it's 100 degrees + out there and warm air rises, which makes turbulence...and it just gets worse as the day goes on.

We also had thunderstorms last night, which only added to the choppy air. I actually started yesterday morning in western kansas - like 70 miles from colorado, and then drove home....dealt with the same storm system 3 times, first when it woke me up at midnight mon nite, then when i drove through it on the way back, then when it caught back up with me after I got home

it was a very stormy night last night, even had a couple of small tornadoes IIRC
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Hisg1fans

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Working...
                                X