No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question - I was chatting with...the above mentioned member earlier on skype and when my post was up, a skype linky button thingy came up next to her name. Is that normal? I don't like that a skype button appeared without my prompting.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

it comes up whenever you have skype active. I know it does for me too. I'm not sure if there's a way to deactivate it in your controls or not.

if you look under your name, it has links to msn and yim, so if you put your skype username in your profile, then the system picks it up when you have the program active.

I have yim and aim, but you don't see the symbols under my name because i've never filled them in
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But I haven't put my skype user name anywhere...and it wasn't my name that had the symbol appear next to it. I just couldn't type E's user name here coz it kept putting the skype tag next to it. Though I did have skype running on my computer at the time but still...should that happen? Thanks Sky.

Just another quick question Sky - are private messages moderated? Do the mods have access to them? Cheers.
        Last edited by Chelle DB; 17 July 2010, 06:18 AM. Reason: had to aks sumfink.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

all i know is, i was on the forum when i was signed onto skype and i saw the symbol by at least one person's name

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Just another quick question Sky - are private messages moderated? Do the mods have access to them? Cheers.
            Think Sky missed your question. I know I had a problem with a PM once (send some private info to the wrong PengYn lol) and I contacted a mod. She couldn't do anything about it, but would ask another mod, who had more rights to look into it. The other one deleted the PM before the wrong person had a chance to read it. So I think ... some mods do have acces, some don't. But I don't think they're moderating them ...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              youre never alone rocky... there will always be people out there who have been bullied or who lack confidence or who dont accept themselves...

wanting to make yourself a better person is something people strive for everyday simply through their actions... treating others how they want to be treated, making a donation when someone comes knocking at their door, doing their best at school/work, loving their family and being their for them... listening to friends... all these things and more we try to do day in and day out to be the best people we can be...

just dont be misguided by what will and won't make you a person...

thanks pars!

me too, i have had friends and acquaintances from many countries... the net connects us all in a way no other medium could, instantly or virtually so with people from all walks of life...

i dont know that we will ever have talked sam/sg1 etc to death, hehe... but totally, i love coming here just to chat with everyone!

speaking of which there is no place id rather make this, my 2000th post! (samandans)
              congrats on 2000 posts!!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Just running in with a big hello from Chopingal. Loved catching up with her tonight. Hoping to be able to do the same with others eventually.
              Have a fun and safe weekend all. (((Samandans)))
              Love Chopingal. Hope she is doing well. Tell her to come back and play.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              Think Sky missed your question. I know I had a problem with a PM once (send some private info to the wrong PengYn lol) and I contacted a mod. She couldn't do anything about it, but would ask another mod, who had more rights to look into it. The other one deleted the PM before the wrong person had a chance to read it. So I think ... some mods do have acces, some don't. But I don't think they're moderating them ...
              Hasn't that baby showed up yet?

Bought a gift for the wee babe the other day. A wee bit Canadian.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

sorry chelle I didn't see your question

We don't moderate PM's per se. I cannot see the content of any PM. Now if you forward one to me or a mod, then obviously we can see it and deal with it.

PM's DO have to follow the basic rules of the forum. No profanity, no nastiness, etc. however, it's totally up to the recipient to let us know if anyone is being bad.

I don't think Darren can even see anyone's pm. All I can do is see how many people have how many saved...for example I can look and know that 3 members have 349 private messages saved, but not who those three are or the content of those messages.

I do think i can purge all messages for an individual user, but the only time I've tried that was when our spammer used PM's to send his junk to people, so i tried to get rid of all he'd sent out.

So if you're having issues with something someone has sent you, please forward it to one of us and we'll look into it, but we can't look on our own, and we can't access your pm's.

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

A bit of an OT post coming, sorry

I was thinking about Rocky's question for the last few days, about whether we've ever wanted to be someone else.

I think my honest answer would have to be, no I haven't.

There are things in my life that I sometimes wish could be different, for example like not getting a part in a play because we can't figure out a way of fitting in my wheelchair into any of the characters, this can be a bit disheartening but I would never change the fact that I have a disability because my disability is partly what makes me me.

People used to call me geeky because I like computers and Sci-Fi, would I have changed that about myself, at the time probably yes I would have. But being involved in fandom has taught me to love that side of myself and that I am not strange, well OK maybe I am just a little bit LOL. I learned and come to except that being different or unique is a great thing. And one thing I've learned from Amanda and Julia is that beauty is is definitely much more than skin deep. And we all have something to contribute.

Wow, I didn't mean to ramble quite so much LOL.

Congrats to Katjoy on 2000 posts!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Very nicely said Julia!!

*hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hey everyone,

I was thinking about Rocky's question for the last few days, about whether we've ever wanted to be someone else.

There are things in my life that I sometimes wish could be different, for example like not getting a part in a play because we can't figure out a way of fitting in my wheelchair into any of the characters, this can be a bit disheartening but I would never change the fact that I have a disability because my disability is partly what makes me me.

People used to call me geeky because I like computers and Sci-Fi, would I have changed that about myself, at the time probably yes I would have. But being involved in fandom has taught me to love that side of myself and that I am not strange, well OK maybe I am just a little bit LOL. I learned and come to except that being different or unique is a great thing. And one thing I've learned from Amanda and Julia is that beauty is is definitely much more than skin deep. And we all have something to contribute.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Julia, that was a very cool post!
                      I hope everyone, eventually finds that same good place in their head that you have.

I've always been very happy with who I am, and I've kind of grown into my weird.

We were reading 'The Importance of Being Earnest' in class, and I was sulking at being cast as Miss Prism when I really, really wanted to be Lady Bracknell. When we came to the line, the girl reading Lady B just read it straight, I piped up in a pretty good impersonation of Dame Edith Evans, 'A HANDBAG!" Needless to say, I got beaten up after class as the girl playing Lady B thought I was taking the mickey. I wasn't, I was just such a fan of the play and Edith Evans' is such a seminal performance.

Oscar Wilde is an odd choice of favourite playwright for an 11 year old, but a perfectly respectable one for a 47 year old.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Very well said Julia. As much as we joke around about my feelings about technology, there is no doubt that one of the best uses of technology is the way it has brought so many people together from so many different places. Without it I would have never met you and so many other wonderful Samandans. Comments like your's and that of Scifithinker make me so glad so many have found a home here.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This morning I was being a teenager again. I was dreading work so much that I switched my alarm off and snuggled with my puppy. My parents realised I was still at home because they hadn't seen my dog around... mum practically poured me into the shower with a hot chocolate and a musli bar in my hand, then drove me into work. 30 minutes in a car hugging your dog is a lot nicer than an hour on the train and a 15 minute walk in the rain.

Have been at work for 2 hours and still not awake or happy.

Also, my puppy Magnus is 1 year old today, so it was great he got a decent car ride because he loves them.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Congrats on 2000 posts!
                            Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Yay! Congrats on 2000th!
                            Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            congrats on 2000 posts!!
                            thanks everyone!

Hey everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            beautifully said julia!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            This morning I was being a teenager again. I was dreading work so much that I switched my alarm off and snuggled with my puppy. My parents realised I was still at home because they hadn't seen my dog around... mum practically poured me into the shower with a hot chocolate and a musli bar in my hand, then drove me into work. 30 minutes in a car hugging your dog is a lot nicer than an hour on the train and a 15 minute walk in the rain.

Have been at work for 2 hours and still not awake or happy.

Also, my puppy Magnus is 1 year old today, so it was great he got a decent car ride because he loves them.
                            aww, happy 1st bday to magnus!
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Aww, Happy 1st Birthday Magnus!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Congrats On 2000 Posts Kat(hugs)
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X